Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2) | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, on the bottom of the leaked document is a list of copyrights. They include:
  • Jurassic Park and Jurassic World
  • The Mummy
  • Universal Classic Monsters
  • Grindelwald
  • Harry Potter
  • Frankenstein
  • Scooby Doo and related characters
  • Hanna Barbera
This may mean nothing, but at least it’s something to discuss.

Also, it’s currently going to be in a hub and spoke design.

They’re branding it the same way they did IOA. Now you’re going into the immersive world of your favorite media IP!

The use of Jurassic World & Jurassic Park, likely refers towards the USH project more than anything at this point.

Keep in mind, the documents from the Town Hall meet may of shown images of various Promo art from the other Universal parks, and not entirely relating towards the future.

...that said, Grindelwald is something.
True. Most of the others can be chocked up to the announcement that Blumhosuse is taking over Universal Classic Monsters, content for the new streaming service, and the new JP ride at USH.

Reactions: truejonas
I'm so excited for a big hub-and-spoke park from Universal. Everything they've said is exactly what I was hoping they would say. I want to see Universal steal more good ideas from Disney and this is one of them.

So, on the bottom of the leaked document is a list of copyrights. They include
  • Hanna Barbera
This would be such amazing news. All of the WB Dubai videos just keep reminding me how wasted those characters are domestically.

Reactions: RFRees
The prior page likely had group photos of characters and existing rides at the parks. Hence Beetlejuice, Scooby-Doo and Transformers being included in the copyrights.

As we discussed on the podcast, Grindelwald is the only odd man out from the list. My best guess though, is that they mentioned the merchandise sales at the resorts that tied into the film’s release (character wands, shirts, Niffler plush, etc).

Keep in mind that the prior couple pages were likely discussing what’s been happening in the parks over the last year. This page is where it starts talking about the future. And the copyrights shown here are for both.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
From @RollermanDan

...yeah, I'd agree with @Scott W. more now; we Americans are crazy!

Yeah but that's why we love Americans.

How does something like this even happen? You walk in, ask to speak to a manager and explain that you want to climb to the top of your 450ft tower to take some video and photos for a bunch of people on the internet who are way too interested in theme parks and the image of dirt getting pushed around will put a smile on their faces?

Yeah but that's why we love Americans.

How does something like this even happen? You walk in, ask to speak to a manager and explain that you want to climb to the top of your 450ft tower to take some video and photos for a bunch of people on the internet who are way too interested in theme parks and the image of dirt getting pushed around will put a smile on their faces?

I think Dan more explained that he had to undergo training to earn a certificate that's required for being able to take the climb.

Couple that with being a form of promotional material for just how tall the Star Flyer is, and we get to see someone post Tower aerials!

In all seriousness, amazing shots to @RollermanDan, you kicked so much ass.

I think Dan more explained that he had to undergo training to earn a certificate that's required for being able to take the climb.

Couple that with being a form of promotional material for just how tall the Star Flyer is, and we get to see someone post Tower aerials!

In all seriousness, amazing shots to @RollermanDan, you kicked so much ass.

Most sane people would just go on the Orlando Eye but that would be too easy now. :lol:

So, on the bottom of the leaked document is a list of copyrights. They include:
  • Jurassic Park and Jurassic World
  • The Mummy
  • Universal Classic Monsters
  • Grindelwald
  • Harry Potter
  • Frankenstein
  • Hanna Barbera
This may mean nothing, but at least it’s something to discuss.

Also, it’s currently going to be in a hub and spoke design.

They’re branding it the same way they did IOA. Now you’re going into the immersive world of your favorite media IP!
In many ways, IOA was expanding upon single attractions into walk through lands, an answer to USF
FW will expand upon single walk through lands and build explorable worlds, an answer to IOA

Also, I feel IOA is horribly underbranded

From @RollermanDan

Nope. I'de never ever never climb that

...yeah, I'd agree with @Scott W. more now; we Americans are crazy!

Reactions: Mad Dog
What do you mean by "underbranded"?

I mean that IOA was never allowed to grow into it's own identity as a standalone offering while properly being enveloped into the parent brand of Universal Orlando. While it's not necessarily a bad thing that people often think of Universal Orlando as one whole 'unit' (i.e. Spiderman, Mummy, Gringotts, etc all existing in one big park), it would still be interesting to see an IOA that developed its own portfolio. It never really had a chance with the Universal Escape fiasco.

Let me put it this way, when people think of WDW, many people think of the respective parks as different units. When they think of Universal, they think of everything as one unit

Neither of these is a bad thing...But allowing IOA some of its own space would allow me to finally get a IOA mug, and that's really the issue here

It will be interesting to see how Universal talks about the North and South property in advertising and internally. They have never really had parks so geographically separated

I mean that IOA was never allowed to grow into it's own identity as a standalone offering while properly being enveloped into the parent brand of Universal Orlando. While it's not necessarily a bad thing that people often think of Universal Orlando as one whole 'unit' (i.e. Spiderman, Mummy, Gringotts, etc all existing in one big park), it would still be interesting to see an IOA that developed its own portfolio. It never really had a chance with the Universal Escape fiasco.

Let me put it this way, when people think of WDW, many people think of the respective parks as different units. When they think of Universal, they think of everything as one unit

Neither of these is a bad thing...But allowing IOA some of its own space would allow me to finally get a IOA mug, and that's really the issue here

When you say "Disney World" a large bunch think that's the same as the Magic Kingdom.

Reactions: truejonas
Status
Not open for further replies.