Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I figured you meant Eastbound. But the Eastbound overpasses can't handle the interchange they are showing in the plans.
I'm sorry I misread what you wrote earlier. But what I was trying to say is the new overpasses will each be for both east and west bound, following the path of the old west bound. That can be done in stages like you said but I read it wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah and I keep switching east and west incorrectly. lol

The new lanes will both be where the current Westbound lanes are, but with new bridges. I think we are saying the same thing.

True, but it isn’t scheduled to start until next year. Thinking 2023 for the Kirkman expansion — as well as the new theme park — feels about right to me.
Or they potentially are factoring in any economic changes that may happen between now and then. Thats another angle folks need to consider -- ya'll are approaching it from the lens the economy will not see any dips. Not playing Debbie downer here, just being realistic considering various economic indicators.

Or they potentially are factoring in any economic changes that may happen between now and then. Thats another angle folks need to consider -- ya'll are approaching it from the lens the economy will not see any dips. Not playing Debbie downer here, just being realistic considering various economic indicators.

Guess what was built during the last recession.

(HINT ITS POTTER. And they used the fact not a lot was being built to get good rates for construction crews.)

A recession is definitely something to worry about, but they last on average about 2 years. It may hurt attendance but it won't tear the company to shreds.

Also, once you pull the trigger on a multi-billion dollar expansion, you probably have the budget in place. If a recession hits they aren't going to say "you know, we have a billion already tied up there, but with this recession, lets just stop building and let it rot for a couple years." They'll keep going to try and recoup their expenditures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.