1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Universal' started by Brian G., Nov 5, 2018.

1. truejonas

truejonas Member

Good thing for us...bad thing for the people in the area who always be dealing with construction.

SukaVayne73 likes this.
  2. ThrillRideLover3214

ThrillRideLover3214 Rookie

So we should expect a completion and announcement of what’s to come at this new property around 2026-2027 you think?

3. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

The first major project for that property, Universal's Fantastic Worlds, should be done well before that.. :oO:

4. SukaVayne73

SukaVayne73 Rookie

It is a good thing for us, but I live in the area so I will be happy for the dealing with the construction, especially for what they have in store for the new park. Besides the multiple in and out of the trucks was fine except for traffic sometimes. I will be happy to hear all the ground booms, hammer and saw sounds when it all goes vertical.

truejonas likes this.
  5. bob albert

bob albert Veteran Member

At this rate with the park growth I would be making dedicated space to rent on air BnB or something if I were close to a park. At the right prices you could rent it out most of the year.

6. RFRees

RFRees Rookie

Well first I don't expect anything to be announced for anything until right before it opens.

My guess is we'll see at minimum one hotel and Fantastic Worlds built by 2023 or 2024. I think more likely it'll be two or more hotels, since they don't necessarily need to open them at the same time as Fantastic Worlds. It's possible they have an "open a hotel every year" mindset, so we could see something open in 2021 and/or 2022 (after Surfside and Endless Summer). A City Walk 2.0 would likely either come on, before, or shortly after FW.

By the time Fantastic Worlds opens (around 2023), I'm betting we'll have a good idea for what they have up their sleeve for phase 2 of the property. There's a big "if" though... If the economy is in a slump, or if Comcast specifically is in a slump, or if FW doesn't do as well as they hope, I think that'll slow things down significantly.

But consider the precedence of Universal Orlando right now: we constantly have seen big expansions (hotels, large lands, water park, theme park). Why anyone would think this would stop around 2023 (aside from external forces) is beyond me.

7. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I feel a hotel will be a major part of the parks hub if you will

8. RFRees

RFRees Rookie

I agree, it's likely that one hotel will open alongside FW. Doesn't prevent them from opening 1-2 hotels near/around this site B area before that.

9. UniversalRBLX

UniversalRBLX Veteran Member

I believe there will be a break in opening new hotels from 2021-2022. Universal will be putting all of its resources into building a new park and adjacent hotel. After FW opens I'm sure they will continue the new hotel every year plan.

I still think Uni should try to find land near FW and building something similar to Endless or Aventura.

Dhdhddh and Mad Dog like this.
  10. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

They've got plenty of spots for things like that

11. UniversalRBLX

I know, by "find land" I meant choose a location near the park that's close enough for easy accessibility once the resort opens but not in the middle of construction that would hurt the hotel's initial opening.

12. JungleSkip

I'm guessing all the hotels will be to the South across the street, save for the one that may or may not be built into the park

13. UniversalRBLX

I thought that area was going to be saved for a future parking garage if they do decide to add a 4th park? I was leaning towards the hotels being to the left of the Kirkman extension.

14. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

If you mean west of Kirkman, that's not Universal's land. That's Lockhead Martin if I'm not mistaken?

JungleSkip likes this.
  15. JungleSkip

The road plans already show intersections going onto those plots of land. I will be very surprised if they arent for resorts

Disneyhead and RFRees like this.
  16. Alicia

Alicia Premium Member

Yea, I've been thinking the space on far west of the bottom area between Universal Way and Universal Blvd for new hotels... keeping space open on east side, below the open space north of Universal Way/East of the flat parking lot.

That way you start building on the west side for new park and new hotels, and work your way to the east, on both sides of the new Universal Way road.

JungleSkip likes this.
  17. RFRees

RFRees Rookie

They will need the hotel rooms for the opening of FW, it's a huge financial loss for them if FW guests have to stay off-site.

Unless I'm missing something, aside from money, the resources used for the theme parks (eg construction companies/planning/creative) and the resources for hotels are completely separate.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  18. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

I mean, why not?

I think they have to make an announcement if they're officially starting construction on a new park, it's a big event.

The only reason we don't get an announcement soon is that they've pushed the project back but given how much effort has been put into it so far, why stop now?

19. JungleSkip

I think this is an extraordinarily optimistic view point considering Universal's track record.

20. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I think it would be fun if they had one that directly connected to the Convention Center