Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows, some reason it just doesnt make sense to me. I know it's happening, I refuse to believe it though lol.
Accept that you are living in a very special time. You get to see a park be born! As elusive as the perfect eclipse you have to be in the right place at the right time. More than planetary forces came together to make this happen. A special melding of competition, climate, economy and pop culture coalesced to create the time a company decided to spend billions on a new playground for us!
Bring it on, I will be watching the progress.

And that doesn’t even take into account Stan Thomas and that debacle.

If they’re waiting on that, then we got nothing moving forward and it’s all in the air.

Look- we know Shrek, FF and toon lagoon theatre need something. They can start on at least one of them with zero impact to site 3. So let’s move it Uni...

This sparks the debate about what an IP deserves. Does it only need a single attraction or does it deserve a whole land. If it’s a single attraction, then it should head to the current resort to fill those spaces. If it needs a whole land, send it to the new park.

This sparks the debate about what an IP deserves. Does it only need a single attraction or does it deserve a whole land. If it’s a single attraction, then it should head to the current resort to fill those spaces. If it needs a whole land, send it to the new park.

Precisely. If it’s MoM, then FF needed to close yesterday.

But if there is a plan to make SLoP in illumination land, or redo the entirety of toon lagoon or Kidzone- then by all means, dump that attention into the new resort prior to fleshing that out- which is what they can do post-new resort.

I could see them redoing lost continent though- that’s a big bag of nothing right now and they’d lose zero capacity shutting that thing down.

What would you guys think of smaller brands like Cloverfield, Blumhouse, and Jumanji coming to the parks in some form?

I seriously doubt the first two. Why use Cloverfield when you can go out and get significantly better kaiju movies like Godzilla or Pacific Rim. Blumhouse holds no shot unless they actually manage to get a good Uni Monsters series going.

I personally think Jumanji is also a no, but it remains to be seen what a potential sequel to the new one does

The problem is, the new park will probably have, at maximum, six lands. Do you save other major IP's for further down the road? And some IP's don't deserve only a single attraction, but don't need a full land. There's a lot of grey areas there.

Precisely. If it’s MoM, then FF needed to close yesterday.

But if there is a plan to make SLoP in illumination land, or redo the entirety of toon lagoon or Kidzone- then by all means, dump that attention into the new resort prior to fleshing that out- which is what they can do post-new resort.

I could see them redoing lost continent though- that’s a big bag of nothing right now and they’d lose zero capacity shutting that thing down.

There's so many things that could happen that Universal are going to have to do something special to mess this up.

The problem is, the new park will probably have, at maximum, six lands. Do you save other major IP's for further down the road? And some IP's don't deserve only a single attraction, but don't need a full land. There's a lot of grey areas there.

I'm guessing Kong is the grey area. A single attraction with a huge facade.

I seriously doubt the first two. Why use Cloverfield when you can go out and get significantly better kaiju movies like Godzilla or Pacific Rim. Blumhouse holds no shot unless they actually manage to get a good Uni Monsters series going.

I personally think Jumanji is also a no, but it remains to be seen what a potential sequel to the new one does

Cloverfield isn't just a kaiju series anymore, and I think Blumhouse deserves a shot, especially if future movies do well at the box office.

Interesting thing to note, Blumhouse's Five Nights at Freddy's movie is being directed by Chris Columbus, who directed the first two Harry Potter movies. If it does well, watch the IP. It already has a young fanbase, and the merchandise is all over the place.

Cloverfield isn't just a kaiju series anymore, and I think Blumhouse deserves a shot, especially if future movies do well at the box office. Interesting thing to note, Blumhouse's Five Nights at Freddy's movie is being directed by Chris Columbus, who directed the first two Harry Potter movies. If it does well, watch the IP. It already has a young fanbase, and the merchandise is all over the place.

Come on man. The last two Cloverfield movies are not theme park material, and the first barely makes the cut.

And Blumhouse makes stuff that is just not theme park material

Cloverfield isn't just a kaiju series anymore, and I think Blumhouse deserves a shot, especially if future movies do well at the box office.

Interesting thing to note, Blumhouse's Five Nights at Freddy's movie is being directed by Chris Columbus, who directed the first two Harry Potter movies. If it does well, watch the IP. It already has a young fanbase, and the merchandise is all over the place.
The best you will see is Cloverfield and Blumhouse at HHN...They are worried about the big boys with a theme park land...Dreamworks, Nintendo, etc

Jumanji might be fun....At Busch Gardens

What would you guys think of smaller brands like Cloverfield, Blumhouse, and Jumanji coming to the parks in some form?
Jumanji is possible, but the other two have 0 chance. Cloverfield doesn't translate to a theme park, and Blumhouse doesn't have anything that would be theme park material outside of HHN.

Jumanji is possible, but the other two have 0 chance. Cloverfield doesn't translate to a theme park, and Blumhouse doesn't have anything that would be theme park material outside of HHN.

And plus if you were to build a Cloverfield attraction the same way they made the last two Cloverfield movies... you have to make a completely different attraction, and then decide to remake a few parts of it to add Cloverfield monsters.

I don’t think it’s a guarantee Nintendo phase one is in the third park.

UOR wanted a "sandwich approach" to Star Wars--Potter coaster year before, Nintendo year after. I don't see them abandoning that and taking a "wait-and-see" approach to SWL. They need a mega-E ticket ready to go 2021ush. If that's not Nintendo ... what is it?

If anything, a new park announced just before SWL opens but not open until 2 or 3 years after would be Potter 1.0 all over again. No way corporate lets that happen.

I still think the smarter thing is put Nintendo phase 1 in kids zone then an Orlando exclusive Pokémon area in park three. This will give you a far better boost then waiting to put phase one in the third park.

Putting a cloned park area to anchor makes no sense IMO.

Last edited:
Putting a cloned park area to anchor makes no sense IMO.

Not exactly sure why. It's not like UOR and USH/USJ are pulling from the same guest pool.

If anything, a new park announced just before SWL opens but not open until 2 or 3 years after would be Potter 1.0 all over again. No way corporate lets that happen.

You're giving corporate too much credit

Status
Not open for further replies.