Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UOR wanted a "sandwich approach" to Star Wars--Potter coaster year before, Nintendo year after. I don't see them abandoning that and taking a "wait-and-see" approach to SWL. They need a mega-E ticket ready to go 2021ush. If that's not Nintendo ... what is it?

If anything, a new park announced just before SWL opens but not open until 2 or 3 years after would be Potter 1.0 all over again. No way corporate lets that happen.
MoM/Potter 10th Anniversay Celebration. Universal 2020.

Potter Coaster(Summer 2019)>SWL(Holidays 2019)>Potter:MoM(June 10th. 2020)>MK50th(2021)>Uni 3rd Gate/Epcot30th(2022)

If the main concern is driving attendance (as it should be) then this is how they should split Nintendo:

Zelda to USF (doesn't need attendance boost)

Pokemon to IoA (needs a draw more than USF especially if it loses Jurassic Park to next park)

Mario to 3rd park as a/the main anchor.

It's hard to rationalize a different setup if you're mainly concerned about driving attendance.

If the main concern is driving attendance (as it should be) then this is how they should split Nintendo:

Zelda to USF (doesn't need attendance boost)

Pokemon to IoA (needs a draw more than USF especially if it loses Jurassic Park to next park)

Mario to 3rd park as a/the main anchor.

It's hard to rationalize a different setup if you're mainly concerned about driving attendance.

I'd argue things that drive attendance to USF drives attendance to IoA, and vice versa, so Zelda and Pokémon could go into either park. Hell, I'd probably put Zelda and Pokémon BOTH in IoA. I don't think either fits in USF all that well at all.

Hopefully Uni is smart and designs the new park's entrance with a hotel in mind as it will be the first of its kind in Orlando and most likely become the most expensive hotel of the entire resort. CityWalk 2.0 (please call it Universal Springs, ha) will most likely be opening in 2 phases: 1 side with the new hotel/park and the other once they build out other hotels.

I'd argue things that drive attendance to USF drives attendance to IoA, and vice versa, so Zelda and Pokémon could go into either park. Hell, I'd probably put Zelda and Pokémon BOTH in IoA. I don't think either fits in USF all that well at all.
Sure but what about KZ then?

I like the idea of both in IoA though.

And Blumhouse makes stuff that is just not theme park material

Blumhouse doesn't have anything that would be theme park material outside of HHN.

Pirates-Cove-Scene-for-web.jpg

five-nights-at-freddys-concept-art-4.jpg

626834_202029.gif

There's definitely ride options there.

Status
Not open for further replies.