Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 359 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I guess they could delay the replacement. But if they do, I doubt that Zelda/HTTYD would still go there. They want to capitalize on those IP's as soon as possible. Possible move to the South Gate?
Honestly I feel LC is insignificant in the grand scheme of things...The Kebab place always seems packed whenever I walk by...Mythos is still great and a unique option...Poseidon is a unique indoor walk through with A/C and practical effects...And there is a show that, despite what people say, is a fun one

I still think Suess needs an expansion and TL needs a bulldozer

I'm fully expecting IOA and USF to get a new ride each the year after the new park opens. I can't see Universal jumping into Nintendo with all guns blazing. No matter how confident they are that it's going to be a huge success, they're still going to test the waters first and expand from there.

I kinda expect the opposite on your first point. 2022 and 2023 should be the culmination of everything that Universal has built over the previous thirteen years, going all the way back to the first Wizarding World. Things should slow down a little bit after that.

Honestly I feel LC is insignificant in the grand scheme of things...The Kebab place always seems packed whenever I walk by...Mythos is still great and a unique option...Poseidon is a unique indoor walk through with A/C and practical effects...And there is a show that, despite what people say, is a fun one

I still think Suess needs an expansion and TL needs a bulldozer

I really wonder about Toon Lagoon, as I don't think that lasts much longer. But there's nothing that could replace it currently without cutting into the IP's rumored for the fourth park.

Reactions: shiekra38
I kinda expect the opposite on your first point. 2022 and 2023 should be the culmination of everything that Universal has built over the previous thirteen years, going all the way back to the first Wizarding World. Things should slow down a little bit after that.

I really wonder about Toon Lagoon, as I don't think that lasts much longer. But there's nothing that could replace it currently without cutting into the IP's rumored for the fourth park.

MIB opened in 2000, a year after IOA. To keep crowds distributed, they need to give people a reason to return to the current resort.

Reactions: SeventyOne
MIB opened in 2000, a year after IOA. To keep crowds distributed, they need to give people a reason to return to the current resort.

I think they'll open the park in 2022, then have a few other things open in the current resort (I put Zelda on my predictions, but the Shrek replacement is probable as well) along with the water-park in 2023. Then things slow down.

They need bars at 2.0. Legit liquor/beer only places with distinct vibes and styles. Speakeasy, tiki-bar, and a "Cheers" type local bar. They'd do gang-busters with the convention crowds and re/introduce something they got rid of when they closed Cigarz (RIP).

I also want a comedy club/improv hall that kinda merges Improv and SAKS. Plus a Broadway-style or Cirque show in residence. I'm more interested in that sort of stuff than more of what 1.0 has.
If they would just basically bring back the Comedy Warehouse formula, it would be massively successful. PG when the kiddies were still around and then raunchy later at night.

If they would just basically bring back the Comedy Warehouse formula, it would be massively successful. PG when the kiddies were still around and then raunchy later at night.

Call me crazy, but I'd love a pure Comedic Club, with acts all varying from local comedians, actors with Universal, and maybe even those who are having fun in the parks that'd want to give improv or standup a shot.

Almost like Rising Star for guest interactivity.

Maybe this sounds good in theory, but really nobody wants this. A lot of people think they're funny and they just... aren't. I feel like that wouldn't end well.

All for local comedians having a platform though.

I'd imagine it'd end up poor, but yeah, it was a fun thought I had.

That said, I'd love for local comedians to get a large stage like that, as it's not only a thing for them to perform in a larger audience, but have more opportunities to see growth in what they do.

But that's just my look on a comedy-like venue.

Reactions: jtsalien
I can see plenty of bars at CityWalk 2, especially with the never-ending craft beer boom.

I don’t think a comedy club would work at all. Very low table turnover because you’re listening to long acts.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Anything for LC is still in the Blue Sky phases at this point. Whereas walls have come up and gone down at KZ. It's going. It's just a matter of when. Right now, LC is pegged as the next to go in IOA but that can change quickly at this point.
Ahhh thought you knew something was coming.

And plans are probably in flux atm due to the whole FOX thing going on.

At this point, don't bet on that.

Honestly, I get the feeling if things were in flux, we wouldn't be seeing movement finally start on the land, especially now.

We will want to keep an eye on that plot. I bet that is the first place JP coaster track shows up.

I would also look at the other area where other pieces of Potter are being placed, next to the new Parade Structure, for once we get full on with Jurassic's new attraction.

__

One thing I'm interested of, is how long they'll keep quiet about it, as it isn't like they can easily hide something like a new resort complex from being officially announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.