Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

FFL will be going down starting today.

I see they made sure to say "closed for seasonal maintenance" . Universal just keeps breaking our hearts. Someone associated with the FF IP must have real dirt on Universal executives. ;):lol:...'F' and 'F' remain the most despised letters in the Universal alphabet. Universal, please don't use those two letters in conjunction on any future attractions/shows. That will doom them to utter failure, disgrace and contempt.

I see they made sure to say "closed for seasonal maintenance" . Universal just keeps breaking our hearts. Someone associated with the FF IP must have real dirt on Universal executives. ;):lol:...'F' and 'F' remain the most despised letters in the Universal alphabet. Universal, please don't use those two letters in conjunction on any future attractions/shows. That will doom them to utter failure, disgrace and contempt.
Its just a phrase. Technically, "20,000 leagues under the sea" is still closed for seasonal maintenance" lol

Its just a phrase. Technically, "20,000 leagues under the sea" is still closed for seasonal maintenance" lol
It'll be back after HHN. They need it to soak up Holiday crowds. January is the earliest it would close, just like when they closed Beetlejuice.

But I don't even think it'll close then. We have absolutely no trustworthy rumor of it closing anytime soon.

After my very brief visit this weekend, I have to say the parks are looking really, really great right now. Outside of the Mummy treasure room fire effect, which they are clearly doing something major to, the rides I went on looked great from top to bottom. There was fresh paint throughout the lands, and everything was looking really, really good. The maintenance team is clearly on top of things right now.
What about the turntable scene, it’s supposed to be pitch black.

It'll be back after HHN. They need it to soak up Holiday crowds. January is the earliest it would close, just like when they closed Beetlejuice.

But I don't even think it'll close then. We have absolutely no trustworthy rumor of it closing anytime soon.
I'm assuming you meant Fear Factor, but this reply did make me chuckle

Yea I’d say KidZone has a better chance of closing at this point, and I wouldn’t hold my breath on that either

Yes, my response was clearly regarding Fear Factor... wasn't that where the conversation was at or did I miss something?
Yeah I had posted "Its just a phrase. Technically, "20,000 leagues under the sea" is still closed for seasonal maintenance" lol - and you replied to that. Obviously your reply was for FF but considering how some people keep looking for long ago attractions, I found the reply accidentally amusing.
:)

Yea I’d say KidZone has a better chance of closing at this point, and I wouldn’t hold my breath on that either
And even with KidZone, I feel like i'd be more inclined to bet on it still being open for next HHN still rather than being closed.

Although a KidZone project is something that could happen fast and with nothing scheduled for USF at all besides Bourne, they may finally pull the trigger on a project for the area.

And even with KidZone, I feel like i'd be more inclined to bet on it still being open for next HHN still rather than being closed.

Although a KidZone project is something that could happen fast and with nothing scheduled for USF at all besides Bourne, they may finally pull the trigger on a project for the area.

Yea, I'm with you. I don't think it'll close within a year, but I think it's the likeliest candidate. I'm also getting the sense that it'll only be one thing closing for KidZone, and not the whole land like the Nintendo project was, so who knows

A new construction fence went up blocking off a small portion of the dock/outdoor seating area at Richters.

Based on absolutely nothing but the recent wood replacement at the bridge, I’m going to guess this is to replace the wooden boards much like that project.

So is the general thinking here that the new parking structure will replace the flat car park we see in the image? Because thats a huge chunk of space, which happens to sit right behind Diagon Alley. Add to the this the new office and warehouse buildings being built on Site B and its easy to presume that they are hoping to add significant space to their existing parks.

So is the general thinking here that the new parking structure will replace the flat car park we see in the image? Because thats a huge chunk of space, which happens to sit right behind Diagon Alley. Add to the this the new office and warehouse buildings being built on Site B and its easy to presume that they are hoping to add significant space to their existing parks.
Is that garage anywhere near the parks? From the pictures above, it looks pretty far away from the parks

The area that they are digging up and putting foundations in was 600 spaces of flat parking. This is going to add quite a bit of capacity to the garage as it fills up fast in the mornings.

The rest of the surface parking is not changing for now. Until the current garage isn’t good enough anymore, then they’ll likely build a second TM garage. What they’re doing now is sort of just a quick fix.

Is that garage anywhere near the parks? From the pictures above, it looks pretty far away from the parks
It’s literally right behind Diagon.