Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

Gotta keep the land updated to stay within contract.

But Disney is getting the Marvel rights back soon and MSHI is turning into Wizard of Oz.

tenor.gif

If we're finally ditching the 90's animation, I hope we can at least keep Doom's propaganda footage. I actually really love the Spider-Man queue video's script, but on my last trip, it was clear the animation itself was from another era - the main projection room wasn't even in HD projection.

So in my opinion right now MSHI has very 90’s look(cutouts) with architecture inspired by the Golden and Silver age of comics.

If Spider-Man’s queue is the beginning of a larger overhaul of the island(just spitballing not a rumor just logical conclusion jump based on the set enchantment ) how you think it will be themed?

Personally, I see it going one of two ways. They embrace the Golden/Silver age and it’s timeless look and remove the parts that shout “90’s” or they go for a more “modern” Marvel look similar what they did to Hulk without crossing into the MCU territory.

Long story short I’m very intrigued with what’s going on however it may just be nothing.

So in my opinion right now MSHI has very 90’s look(cutouts) with architecture inspired by the Golden and Silver age of comics.

If Spider-Man’s queue is the beginning of a larger overhaul of the island(just spitballing not a rumor just logical conclusion jump based on the set enchantment ) how you think it will be themed?

Personally, I see it going one of two ways. They embrace the Golden/Silver age and it’s timeless look and remove the parts that shout “90’s” or they go for a more “modern” Marvel look similar what they did to Hulk without crossing into the MCU territory.

Long story short I’m very intrigued with what’s going on however it may just be nothing.

If I was doing it I would definitely keep it comics themed, but skew more towards modern styling, yea. I'd also turn Captain America diner into a mega themed Super Hero bar, but that's neither here nor there.

Hulk is a good example of refreshing but not losing the built aesthetic...I like the comic feel, but I know it's hit or miss with people

Especially considering it is in the same park as Potter
Speaking of Hulk, are all the DNA helixes in the queue supposed to move? One of them is broken off, is that intentional? :)