Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

Probably experimenting to make it more "contact-less" or what not. Will be interesting to see.
My thoughts exaclty...people under the impression that things will reset to normal are not seeing the big picture

Things like limiting contact and abundance of hand sanitizer/cleaning procedures are here to say

Don't see this as complaining about it, cause I'm certainly not haha

My thoughts exaclty...people under the impression that things will reset to normal are not seeing the big picture

Things like limiting contact and abundance of hand sanitizer/cleaning procedures are here to say

Don't see this as complaining about it, cause I'm certainly not haha
Yeah I kind of see it in a similar way but slightly different.

I think companies like Universal are gonna invest in ways to slow transmission(access to sanitation supplies, increased cleaning, new ways to clean, contact-less, glass barriers). Some of these will probably be here awhile, some even forever.

I feel like things will gradually return to normal-ish if we get the pandemic under control. However, if another disease pops up and starts spreading they could put some of the more intense protocols into place(Required Contact-less, social distancing, masks, barriers ). These things would already be on hand.

However, I am no expert and am probably being too optimistic. Your view is probably more realistic. A cleaner future is always a better future haha

Yeah I kind of see it in a similar way but slightly different.

I think companies like Universal are gonna invest in ways to slow transmission(access to sanitation supplies, increased cleaning, new ways to clean, contact-less, glass barriers). Some of these will probably be here awhile, some even forever.

I feel like things will gradually return to normal-ish if we get the pandemic under control. However, if another disease pops up and starts spreading they could put some of the more intense protocols into place(Required Contact-less, social distancing, masks, barriers ). These things would already be on hand.

However, I am no expert and am probably being too optimistic. Your view is probably more realistic. A cleaner future is always a better future haha
I'm curious to see what the Covid equivalent of a metal detector is.

A walkthrough temperature scanner or perhaps just added hand sanitizer stations.

What I do know is that the social distancing signs are all stickers which to me says they aren't here to stay.

Honestly, it isn't terrible, this moment in time will affect theme park cleaning procedures moving forward, and things like queue line strategy/reservations.

They are learning a lot through this.

I'm curious to see what the Covid equivalent of a metal detector is.

A walkthrough temperature scanner or perhaps just added hand sanitizer stations.

What I do know is that the social distancing signs are all stickers which to me says they aren't here to stay.

Honestly, it isn't terrible, this moment in time will affect theme park cleaning procedures moving forward, and things like queue line strategy/reservations.

They are learning a lot through this.
The good thing is it will lead to a much safer and healthier future. I definitely think increased hand sanitizer is a must. Interesting to see how permanent checking temps is or how policies would work long term. I imagine that would be something they would only use if there was a disease going around, but who knows.

I think an important factor is gonna be finding ways to balance certain aspects. Making guests feel safe and comfortable. Maintaining strong theming. Filling guest's social needs.

All of which will serve as decent line of defense, but can be made more secure when needed.

Random Thought-In regards to social distancing stickers around the USA and world. I wonder if they will become the future equivalent of the "Don't Spit on Sidewalk" brick for TB.

I do enjoy everyone's optimistic thoughts about the future, but at the same time I can imagine once this is all over that everyone is going to take a deep sigh of relief that they no longer have to take precautions and can stop ordering excessive hand sanitizer, stop wiping things down, etc. Pretty much I see people and corporations becoming "lazy" and carefree after all these months of being on edge.

I'm such a pessimist.

I would think most things in the parks will go back to normal once this is over, probably by next spring, IF the early vaccine works out. The one area I think may change is the hotels. Once they started down this path of eliminating daily cleaning service, they may continue that type of policy for obvious cost saving financial reasons. Disney was already testing those waters with rooms.

I do enjoy everyone's optimistic thoughts about the future, but at the same time I can imagine once this is all over that everyone is going to take a deep sigh of relief that they no longer have to take precautions and can stop ordering excessive hand sanitizer, stop wiping things down, etc. Pretty much I see people and corporations becoming "lazy" and carefree after all these months of being on edge.

I'm such a pessimist.
Valid point

I'm such a pessimist.
I think it will take time...I'm just starting to relax on airplanes

Especially with the news keeping it in front of our faces

Didn’t know where else to put this but Universal seems to be reducing hours again starting next month after cutting an hour off on weekends last week

Didn’t know where else to put this but Universal seems to be reducing hours again starting next month after cutting an hour off on weekends last week

We’re covering it over here:

Has Universal ended their Dippin Dots contract? Looks like the menu at Kidzone changed to nachos and the actual stand in Toon Lagoon is missing.

Has Universal ended their Dippin Dots contract? Looks like the menu at Kidzone changed to nachos and the actual stand in Toon Lagoon is missing.

A very sad day for people named my sister.

This contractor was spotted doing work on TSI over at the MK last week, must be who you go to for alarm systems. Interesting business address