Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Plaza

Jon, I just tweeted you a couple of pictures. With where I'm at right now. It was easier just to tweet them to you.

Sorry my phone isn't allowing me to post pictures on the forums for some reason. Hopefully Jon can take them from twitter and post them for you guys. They've made quite a bit of progress on some of the buildings.

Of course just as I type that, he posts them. Lol

Those were sent to me by brother. I hope to go there next Saturday and I'll take a bunch of photos and post them.

Wow that looks interesting! I'm so curious/excited about the area! Do you guys think they'll officially announce the area and an opening date? Will it warrant an announcement even though it's not an attraction so to speak?

With there being so many full structures in place in this location now, will there be any room still for HHN or Grinchmas? I'm guessing yes, because the opposite side of these new buildings will be the grassy area? Yes?

It'll be interesting cause one structure is on the animal actors side and another is on the opposite side on the corner of blues bro. And New York street. Very interesting!

Will that mean HHN won't have as many mazes this year? They're really landlocked due to all the construction, so they're gonna have to be pretty darn creative to keep guests happy.

Will that mean HHN won't have as many mazes this year? They're really landlocked due to all the construction, so they're gonna have to be pretty darn creative to keep guests happy.
Murdy has said more than once that there will not be less mazes. Not too sure about where some will go though.

There has been an internal announcement, and yes, concept art has found its way to employees. I highly doubt that will be shared with the public though, less an announcement. The plaza isn't "top secret" or anything though.

The metal structures should be telling, but that isn't all. Yes, there's more and I honestly can't tell you when it will open up. I'm going to guess that they're gunning for before Curious George closes so they can take advantage of the water play area during warm September weekends.

No grassy areas at all, I think. And it won't make HHN this year (at least in time for a maze)... or probably ever. Grinchmas is still in the cards.
I'm so curious about what the structures are actually for. I'm hoping it will look nice and that it will feature something special besides the water area and stage and restaurant. If not, it's still an improvement.

I'm disappointed to hear that there won't be a grassy area. I was really hoping for a peaceful park like area for USH.

I'm so curious about what the structures are actually for. I'm hoping it will look nice and that it will feature something special besides the water area and stage and restaurant. If not, it's still an improvement.

I'm disappointed to hear that there won't be a grassy area. I was really hoping for a peaceful park like area for USH.
When I first heard these rumors of a central park, I envisioned a fountain in the middle of it with a vast amount of grass and trees around it, with benches here and there. I thought it'd be quite a laid back area, for you to sit down and relax. Now it looks like we've got a water area, a restaurant, a stage, and more. I don't really think we'll ever get a peaceful little place in our park!  :wacko:

Sorry my phone isn't allowing me to post pictures on the forums for some reason. Hopefully Jon can take them from twitter and post them for you guys. They've made quite a bit of progress on some of the buildings.

Of course just as I type that, he posts them. Lol

Those were sent to me by brother. I hope to go there next Saturday and I'll take a bunch of photos and post them.
I have the same problem with my phone too.