Universal Proposal | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Proposal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 1, 2013
Space Coast
Ok ladies and gents i think the time has officially come. Me and my girl have been together for 6 years and i think it has finally come to the next step in our life. Little background I'm from florida (cocoa beach) and she is from Indiana we met in florida and have been together ever sense. Me being a Universal guy i took her there on one of our first dates. She to turned into a universal gal! We have lived all over: Georgia, New York and Florida. Right now were back in Georgia for work and school reasons but see our selves moving back to Fl when we can, were having dire withdrawals from the parks and the beach!! lol

In short i think it is only fitting to propose at Universal i have a few ideas but was wondering what you guys think?!?! Will be down for a long 10 day vacation for HHN. I might plan a coast to coast HHN this year see my thread http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php/9504-Coast-to-Coast-HHN . But am not totally sure sense the proposing thing is really on the top of my list!

Thanks ahead!!! :cheers:

Congratulations in advance.
Not sure how far Universal wants to help you in your planning but maybe you could do the choose a wand experiance and have the actor be in the plot.
Have him choose your girlfriend as a volanteer and have her try some wands. The third wand she get told she needs to point at you and that is when the magic realy happens and you propose telling her you have been under her spell from the first time you met her!
Sounds cool?

Contact Guest Relations and see what they can do. They'll have ideas and suggestions and be happy to help set them up for you.

Yeah guest relations all the way. Maybe they could hook you up with something horror nights related. Congratulations by the way that's amazing

I think what you might want to consider is what will be most special to you as a couple, what's a particular attraction or event or something that means a lot to both of you? The more personalized a proposal you have, the more memorable it will be. If it were me, I wouldn't want something from a "menu" of proposal options that a bunch of other people have done, there would always be that thought in the back of mind that is was just that much less special. But if, say, for example, Men in Black is collectively your favorite attraction between the two of you, there's a lot of opportunity for creativity there, you could probably come up with something in the control room with a couple of the Team Member "agents." At that point you could take your idea to Guest Services and they would work with you as best as they can.

What is her favorite attraction or land? Or one of the most memorable parts of a past trip to Universal together?

All great ideas! thank you guys!!! and far as favorite land it would probably have to be the studios as a whole. And have a pretty special memory of transformers when it soft opened. Ill definitely call guest services!!! anybody have any experience with them? Meaning are they pretty lenient in what they can do?

I proposed to my wife at universal and called guest relations and spoke with them while I was there.

You can't do anything that could disrupt a show, this includes rides and shows so that also includes things like the wand shop. They did say that if there was a favorite character they could have then present but that is pretty much the extent. I also asked if I could have one of the park photographers in a certain spot at a certain time, unfortunately universal doesn't control over them and was told to ask one of them at entry if they could handle my request.

I had 5 places in mind depending on where we were at the time: navigators Club bridge (can't be backstage), the rock area near the mythos bridge, alcatraz area on the water near bruce, battery park, and on the rock it.

I went with Bruce since we were both huge jaws fans, the area has a great view, generally had a photographer there, and had a liquid courage dispenser right there. We didn't end up getting a picture but we got a drawing from the caricature artist right next to it, which led to part of the theme of our wedding.

My biggest word of advice is to make sure that you have a safe and secure place to hold the ring, there was no bigger fear than riding mummy and MiB with it in my pocket.

I would definitely still call guest services to see what they can help with.

Congratulations! My fiance proposed to me in Gramercy Park in Studios last October on our first day of HHN and it was perfect! We're from Ireland and caught the Orlando bug 4 years ago making it an annual trip for HHN, every year I am like an excited child counting down the days (148 til our next trip :p ). When we get to the parks the first thing we always do is grab a drink and chill there soaking up the atmosphere, I love everything there, the old skool music, the smells, the sound of Rockit, it's my favourite place - I call it my "happy place". We got there early our first morning, I was dying to see Diagon Alley, but he insisted we follow tradition, so we duly grabbed a drink and food and made our way there. We sat for a few minutes and he then asked me if I was happy to which I replied, Of Course - I'm in my happy place! He then started fumbling in his pockets and saying how he hoped he could make me happier and dropped down onto one knee and pulled out the little box! It was fantastic, your fiance is going to be so happy :) We wouldn't be the type for a lot of fanfare, he waited until the area we were seated in cleared out and we were alone before popping the question which is exactly what I would have wanted - maybe a consideration for your future fiance? It was the most fantastic day, so as people above say, pick a spot that has some meaning for you both and enjoy because it will be the best day ever - we will be back this October on the same date reliving that moment and I cannot wait :peace: good luck :cheers:

When I was the Storyteller, we got to be present at a proposal in the VIP lounge at La Bamba. What's really funny is, all the icons were there, and the woman was afraid of clowns. I don't know how this was arranged, and we only knew about it the day of.

Congratulations to you guys as well!!! And thank you for all the Help!!! I will take all of this into consideration!! Let the nerves commence!!! lol

- - - Updated - - -

When I was the Storyteller, we got to be present at a proposal in the VIP lounge at La Bamba. What's really funny is, all the icons were there, and the woman was afraid of clowns. I don't know how this was arranged, and we only knew about it the day of.

You were storyteller from horror nights?!?!? thats awesome!!! I would love to do a HHN proposal!! Jack coming back is a big deal for me and my girl hates clowns and hates jack!!! that would just be to evil!!! lol