Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal raises Ticket Prices: 2018 Edition

It’s hilarious that a few days ago, there was about 20 posts on the UOAP FB page shaming Disney for putting their prices up and how Universal don’t do that not knowing that this was pretty much guaranteed to happen shortly after.

DHS is obviously the biggest rip-off at current pricing, but I have to say, even with all the improvements USH has made (and the park has come a LONG WAY), it still has only nine rides or something like that, right? That's a tough pill to swallow when you compare to what DLR is offering and the pricing being roughly the same for a one-day ticket.

Yeah but at least you know 90% of the people in DHS are in there on a multi-day ticket/park hopper. USH... there's no other park to hop to. It's always a 1-day ticket people are shelling out for it (minus the passholders).

Disney should be paying ME to go to Hollywood Studios

Universal's ticket price raising has been met with more "Eh" than Disney's recently..

I imagine the tremendous growth of the resort lets them get away with it

But seriously, what is the frequency of folks that only get a one day pass?

Higher than most people think. Especially at USH.
Oh, I wouldn't doubt at USH...I mean UO specifically

I bought a one day ticket to AK to see the Avatar stuff, so I'm certainly not making fun..I'm just curious of how many people buy a one day ticket...Apparently enough to keep raising it

I feel the raising in prices is starting to make multi day and multi park passes look like a better deal, which they are

I bought a one day ticket to AK to see the Avatar stuff, so I'm certainly not making fun..I'm just curious of how many people buy a one day ticket...Apparently enough to keep raising it

I feel the raising in prices is starting to make multi day and multi park passes look like a better deal, which they are

Yes, but they raise the prices on those too. :lol:

I think you get a lot of people who are in Central Florida for something else and will pick up a one day pass.

Compare Orlando prices to operating hours and compare Hollywood’s...

Although Hollywood will operate much later at night during peak season...Orlando can appease these costs.

Hollywood cannot justify this pricing for a park which is open 7 hours or less on non peak periods.

You would be surprised how different the California crowd is with theme parks. Orlando has been a multi day pass experience for many years and the dynamic understanding has been in place for a while. In California...the general public which does not including annual pass holders, still expect to complete a theme park experience in one full day. Only DLR offers a multi day experience...all other parks in SoCal are (for the most part) only one day experiences.

Add to the fact that operational costs are much cheaper in California and you can see how much more money the California parks are making overall. The balance comes from cheap construction costs in Florida offer new attractions at lower cost than taking a risk in the costly California property. Sad. These daily prices should be for Orlando and the California parks should be $10-$15 cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would be surprised how different the California crowd is with theme parks. Orlando has been a multi day pass experience for many years and the dynamic understanding has been in place for a while. In California...the general public which does not including annual pass holders, still expect to complete a theme park experience in one full day. Only DLR offers a multi day experience...all other parks in SoCal are (for the most part) only one day experiences.

Add to the fact that operational costs are much cheaper in California and you can see how much more money the California parks are making overall. The balance comes from cheap construction costs in Florida offer new attractions at lower cost than taking a risk in the costly California property. Sad. These daily prices should be for Orlando and the California parks should be $10-$15 cheaper.
I would think costs in Cali are much more than Florida due to wage pressures. Are they really less to operate?