Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that on one of the larger expansion pads they will build into the 4th gate, they should make a temporary "Flex Field" event space. It could be used for short term events like a renaissance faire-esqe Game of Thrones Festival. Or Pokemon Go! events. And if they move HHNs to the 4th gate, it could be HHNs main hub.

Big field, flanked by restrooms on both sides, and an underground power supply grid for ODV, merch carts, and tents.

It would be very nice but Universal seems to have a problem with sticking to their plans when it comes to changing things repeatedly.

It would be nice to see a food and wine event to the parks.

Stormwater pond kinda rules out Nintendo doesn't it? Would they use valuable space there for a storm pond? WNW and the South area seem like the most likely areas, but the DC plot water wold likely have to be relocated as well.

Stormwater pond kinda rules out Nintendo doesn't it? Would they use valuable space there for a storm pond? WNW and the South area seem like the most likely areas, but the DC plot water wold likely have to be relocated as well.

The project number for WNW does not match the original permit from yesterday.

I have to think it's for south at this point; which would make sense, but perhaps I am wrong in that field and that it's more for DC, but I can't see that.

Ok, I'm bringing this over from the Volcano Bay discussion, but is there a new water park planned for the property near the convention center? If so, what would you want it to be themed to and what would you want it to include?

Ok, I'm bringing this over from the Volcano Bay discussion, but is there a new water park planned for the property near the convention center? If so, what would you want it to be themed to and what would you want it to include?

Nothing is known about Site B other than it will most likely feature an additional park.

For blue sky discussion - please take it to the 4th Park blue sky thread.

It will most likely be a new theme park, and not a waterpark. But as Brian mentioned, that should be discussed at the "Universal's 4th Park Blue Sky Thread".

I dont know much about how UO's backstage stuff really works so this might be a sort of dumb question, but is it possible for Uni to build a dedicated backlot area and do all the backstage stuff/soundstage stuff from a central location convenient for both the north and south properties, freeing up some expansion space for IOA and Studios?

I dont know much about how UO's backstage stuff really works so this might be a sort of dumb question, but is it possible for Uni to build a dedicated backlot area and do all the backstage stuff/soundstage stuff from a central location convenient for both the north and south properties, freeing up some expansion space for IOA and Studios?

Are you asking if they'd just do what USF was originally once again?

Please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong thread but would anyone else like to see Universal have something akin to the F&W-esque festivals at EPCOT in one of the parks? Not anything too elaborate or directly competing with Disney's offerings, but something that makes going to the parks in the off-seasons/new construction years worthwhile. I'd like for Universal to step up their F&B offerings in-park, and this may be a way to do it without a permanent food location. If they did do this, would they prefer to have a F&W fest in the original parks or the 4th park?

Please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong thread but would anyone else like to see Universal have something akin to the F&W-esque festivals at EPCOT in one of the parks? Not anything too elaborate or directly competing with Disney's offerings, but something that makes going to the parks in the off-seasons/new construction years worthwhile. I'd like for Universal to step up their F&B offerings in-park, and this may be a way to do it without a permanent food location. If they did do this, would they prefer to have a F&W fest in the original parks or the 4th park?

Funny enough, @Jonathan asked that on the Hollywood section back in April, and while in theory; it could be nice, there may be too many variables that may not be a good thing for Universal. Hell, in a way; perhaps Mardi Gras is already that.

Who knows, but I don't think it makes sense. It doesn't sound like something that Universal can do in it's MO.

I think there could be some good potential in USF. New York style food, Diagon Alley, BBQ for F&F, Fresh fish at Lombard's, Alien cuisine at MIB?, Egyptian at Mummy, Nintendo themed food when it opens, Simpsons.

It sounds like a hot mess but each area could probably offer something

I think there could be some good potential in USF. New York style food, Diagon Alley, BBQ for F&F, Fresh fish at Lombard's, Alien cuisine at MIB?, Egyptian at Mummy, Nintendo themed food when it opens, Simpsons.

It sounds like a hot mess but each area could probably offer something

IMO USF already has 2 versions of F&W: Mardi Gras and HHN.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Park 3 built with another hard-ticket festival in mind

IMO USF already has 2 versions of F&W: Mardi Gras and HHN.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Park 3 built with another hard-ticket festival in mind

Food & Wine works so perfectly within Epcot because of World Showcase that I think a direct comparison is going to be difficult to do and Universal will need to think outside the box on this one but I agree, I think the new park will have something.

Food & Wine works so perfectly within Epcot because of World Showcase that I think a direct comparison is going to be difficult to do and Universal will need to think outside the box on this one but I agree, I think the new park will have something.

Right. Realistically Uni doing a straight "Food and Wine" comes off as nothing but a cheap knock-off. HHN and MG kind of serve the same purpose.

If I was Uni, I'd come up with something for the summer months for Park 3

Status
Not open for further replies.