Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 212 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geek Con Festival. They already have Cool and Jump stuff they could bring over as well as Universal now getting into E-sports gaming. Take the Comic Con crowds and give them the festival they always wanted. You already have some of the IPs in your parks.

Reactions: Mike S and Scott W.
Geek Con Festival. They already have Cool and Jump stuff they could bring over as well as Universal now getting into E-sports gaming. Take the Comic Con crowds and give them the festival they always wanted. You already have some of the IPs in your parks.

With a lot that crowd visiting SW down the road, this would be a pretty smart idea.

I would be worried if that may compete with Megacon or Spooky Empire to be quite honest. It'd hurt local conventions.

To be honest, if I had to guess, perhaps some sort of full on animation festival? It'd be a good opportunity to use Universal Cool for the Florida market that can be spread out and not just on Japanese animation but all forms of animation from different countries and markets in the world.

I would be worried if that may compete with Megacon or Spooky Empire to be quite honest. It'd hurt local conventions.

To be honest, if I had to guess, perhaps some sort of full on animation festival? It'd be a good opportunity to use Universal Cool for the Florida market that can be spread out and not just on Japanese animation but all forms of animation from different countries and markets in the world.

They need to hit the markets not already hit. Not the same demographic already that Disney and Seaworld both are attracting with Food and Wine festivals so even animation would be a good one. When Disney wasn't giving the male demographic something, Universal was and it helped. Then they got Potter and even more toys and it grew bigger. Hitting untapped markets is essential for future parks success.

Wasn't there a former HP-turned-generic con that meets in Orlando? Could be a good way to get the geeks into the new 4th park for pre/post con meetups.

Two things I don't get about this new property are parking and transportation between the two resorts. Will they build giant parking structures like they have at the current resort? Will they use trams to transport guests to the new property from the hotels?

A food and wine would take away from the rest of the food options. I never understood the Epcot model but it sells a ton of overpriced small portions that people shove in their faces while leaning on trash cans so they are clearly filling a need or have a cure for the Epcot boredom.

I hope Universal focus more on it's current food options that F&W shenanigans.

A food and wine would take away from the rest of the food options. I never understood the Epcot model but it sells a ton of overpriced small portions that people shove in their faces while leaning on trash cans so they are clearly filling a need or have a cure for the Epcot boredom.

I hope Universal focus more on it's current food options that F&W shenanigans.

pistolshen.gif

I didn't think I would have enjoyed F&W as much as I did. Until any of the new attractions are built at Disney, if I had a 1 day ticket to use and F&W was on, I'd be heading to Epcot. If F&W wasn't on, I'd be going there last.

I could see with the 4th gate's location being directly across from the Orange County Convention Center it would make a lot of sense to maybe try and do events that would be logical extensions of the events. Megacon and other events could have add-on things going on. It would be a win-win for the convention and the park.

I still think they would have to be considering with any kind of new CityWalk type area for the new park that they would have a performance space and studio space for broadcasts from the parks much like they do in Rockefeller Center.

I don't think Universal would be the one running the events at the Convention Center. That's a little too-small scale for them. They'll be happy to run private events for the convention and treat it like any other private event. But, Universal will want something a lot bigger that runs for a lot longer to dedicate time and people-power towards it.

I don't think Universal would be the one running the events at the Convention Center. That's a little too-small scale for them. They'll be happy to run private events for the convention and treat it like any other private event. But, Universal will want something a lot bigger that runs for a lot longer to dedicate time and people-power towards it.

My point was not Universal running the event, but just piggy backing onto them.

I think IOA should host "Geek Freak!" during MegaCon.

An after hours hard ticket event dance party/cosplay costume competition on Fri. and Sat. night. Get in a quasi real name in the EDM circuit to host. And totally blow it out with crazy lights. Have Nintendo, Transformers, Marvel, BttF, Simpson's, JP, Potter character M&Gs. Specialty drinks, snacks, and merch.

Reactions: GAcoaster

An after hours hard ticket event dance party/cosplay costume competition on Fri. and Sat. night. Get in a quasi real name in the EDM circuit to host. And totally blow it out with crazy lights. Have Nintendo, Transformers, Marvel, BttF, Simpson's, JP, Potter character M&Gs. Specialty drinks, snacks, and merch.

You mean what they do in USJ but get huge names in Japan plus a famous dance crew but that's not hard ticketed.

You mean what they do in USJ but get huge names in Japan plus a famous dance crew but that's not hard ticketed.
Yep. $125/pp. Free themed cupcakes. Provided by "CUP CAKE XTREME THUNDERDOME" on some obscure NBC Network©

Winner gets a free vacation to Universal Orlando Resort, where they get to make 129,000 cupcakes in 2 days!!!

Last edited:

That's a really neat idea, but I don't think it would come close to competing with what Moshi Moshi already does. I think there could be room for them to create a more family friendly after party and fill that niche.

If Universal really was getting to the festival scene:
November-January: Holiday Fest (Booths with Holiday food around the world, Holiday music performances, Kwanzaa, Hannakuh, Xmas, etc represented)
February: Pokemon World Festival (What they do in many Asian Cities in regards to pokemon taking over everything and lots of free pokemon studd)
March-April: Animation Festival (Anime, StopMotion, etc all represented, bring in animation artists to teach classes, etc)
May-July: NerdCon: All things nerd (same time most geek festivals come to Orlando so could even add hard ticket events)
August- Early September: Universal Music Festival: All day everyday music from around the world from small names to big names all genres just jamming away
Late September: Universal Film Festival: Actually film Festival at Universal
October: Festival de los Muertos...Day of the dead festival to counter HHN.

All they need is something Jan-feb. that's really the only slow time now that doesn't have anything. Sept, while slow, still has HHN

All they need is something Jan-feb. that's really the only slow time now that doesn't have anything. Sept, while slow, still has HHN
They should really expand the Celebration of Harry Potter event to be more like SWW where it goes on for close to a month with different celebrities from the movies appearing on the weekends. With Fantastic Beasts being a thing now, there's more actors and actresses to choose from than ever from the Wizarding World.

Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.