Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plot twist: Mario isn't going into any park. The only Nintendo property Universal will utilize is Captain Rainbow, as the biggest draw of Park 3. Trust me, I have insider sources from Cabana Bay bus drivers.
220px-CaptainRainbow.jpg

If they want Peach’s Castle as a centerpiece it better be a real centerpiece. I’m talking fully explorable and almost being an entire indoor playground. If it’s what we’ve heard before and just an entrance I’ll laugh at their attempt of making this a “centerpiece” and it’ll be even more of a useless move.

If they want Peach’s Castle as a centerpiece it better be a real centerpiece. I’m talking fully explorable and almost being an entire indoor playground. If it’s what we’ve heard before and just an entrance I’ll laugh at their attempt of making this a “centerpiece” and it’ll be even more of a useless move.
...why, though? What's wrong with it just being like Cinderella Castle?

...why, though? What's wrong with it just being like Cinderella Castle?
That’s 1971. I expect more of 2020 and beyond. Have you seen what’s in Shanghai’s Castle?

Plus if they’re going to make me wait it better be worth it. Getting the same thing but just in the new park and taking longer is just stupid. Just put in in USF if it’s the same thing either way.

That’s 1971. I expect more of 2020 and beyond. Have you seen what’s in Shanghai’s Castle?

Plus if they’re going to make me wait it better be worth it. Getting the same thing but just in the new park and taking longer is just stupid. Just put in in USF if it’s the same thing either way.

Universal aren't going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to just please you though, are they?

April 10, 2018 is the date for the hearing on motions for summary judgment (i.e. to issue an immediate victory on the basis of law/facts to either party) for the Stan Thomas lawsuit.

It seems like the judge may decide the biggest issues in the case based on that hearing. If there's to be a last minute settlement between Universal and Stan Thomas, it would happen before that date.

So perhaps we'll be at a place where Universal can actually start moving on the main properties by mid/late 2018.

As for the bankruptcy situation on the other major parcels (like the 3 parcels on Universal Blvd.), that seems like it's at least 15-18 months away from coming to a bankruptcy sale (Thomas is trying to get that lawsuit dismissed).

Maybe everything would be included in a settlement though; it's hard to tell.

Last edited:
Is any of this based on insider information are we all just theorizing logically? I feel like everyone is agreeing it would make more sense at the third gate, but is there any indication that Universal is leaning this way? Besides Kidzone still being open?
There is no doubt Universal has drawn up concept plans of it both ways. And for me, its just too hard to envision what else Universal has that will make its new park competitive with Magic Kingdom. And all indications are they're ready to get park #3 open ASAP. Pouring resources into IOA or USO will not make that happen.

Also, we don't even know of Universal has permission to use Pokemon at this point, but even if they do, I'd expect that in the new park too. All rumors point to making the new park targeted at a younger age, and putting both in there is the way to do it. Universal's existing parks already have that stigma that they're for a little older kids, and it'd be hard to convert that. Especially by removing Kidzone.

I said it before, when the walls came down, and was ridiculed, but I stand by it: there's a real good chance its going to the new park, with Kid Zone being kept as a backup with developed plans just in case things don't move along the right speed or how they want in the lawsuit.

There is no doubt Universal has drawn up concept plans of it both ways. And for me, its just too hard to envision what else Universal has that will make its new park competitive with Magic Kingdom. And all indications are they're ready to get park #3 open ASAP. Pouring resources into IOA or USO will not make that happen.

Also, we don't even know of Universal has permission to use Pokemon at this point, but even if they do, I'd expect that in the new park too. All rumors point to making the new park targeted at a younger age, and putting both in there is the way to do it. Universal's existing parks already have that stigma that they're for a little older kids, and it'd be hard to convert that. Especially by removing Kidzone.

I said it before, when the walls came down, and was ridiculed, but I stand by it: there's a real good chance its going to the new park, with Kid Zone being kept as a backup with developed plans just in case things don't move along the right speed or how they want in the lawsuit.
Your comments sound plausible to me.

April 10, 2018 is the date for the hearing on motions for summary judgment (i.e. to issue an immediate victory on the basis of law/facts to either party) for the Stan Thomas lawsuit.

It seems like the judge may decide the biggest issues in the case based on that hearing. If there's to be a last minute settlement between Universal and Stan Thomas, it would happen before that date.

So perhaps we'll be at a place where Universal can actually start moving on the main properties by mid/late 2018.
It could very well settle after that, giving he parties a better idea how much they can/should demand before it goes to trial. I mean, the huge google/uber trial settled several days into the trial the other week.

To comment, I would wager they have permission, especially when you consider that Universal and Toho are co-distributing Detective Pikachu, with Legendary producing.

Status
Not open for further replies.