Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 323 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I know it may be far fetched in some ways, but in some ways it would make sense...

It would be in Orange County's best interests to work with Universal on this project in any way they can to bring billions of dollars in investment and new revenue from new parks. So what if they work with Universal to relocate the sewage plant? While it wouldn't be cheap or easy, it's not beyond the realm of possibility. Looking at the maps the logical thing that the county could do would be to build a new plant in the vicinity of the existing one meaning that the existing pipes would require a minimum amount of re-routing, and it just so happens that Universal owns a large plot (almost exactly the same size as the existing sewage plant) on the opposite side of Sand Lake Road backing up to an industrial park and the Turnpike. It would mean they could upgrade the plant to handle more (for all the new growth), improve treatment (reducing odors) and free up valuable space and take over what would be nearly useless land for Universal.

If they could affect some kind of land swap and Universal shoulders some of the costs, it could free up more land for development and take care of a major problem that the new property currently has. As it is, something will have to be done about the smells coming from that plant in order to make the place desirable for development. Just driving past it on Sand Lake Road is HORRIBLE. I can't imagine having hotel rooms or theme parks adjacent to that plant.
No need to. I'm pretty sure the area around the plant will be back of house anyways.

@Brian G. Your updates to your profile are so cluey. Please say they’re meant to be a sign an announcement for literally anything is coming soon.

No need to. I'm pretty sure the area around the plant will be back of house anyways.
I suspect that one or more parks might go pretty close the the edge of the plant. Sight lines to the plant from within theme parks shouldn't be to hard to handle, water parks could pose more of a challenge.

I wonder if they could open hotels first. They seem to be going on an overlapping schedule currently and they’re about to run out of land. The hotels could serve the existing resort. Also opening a park, shopping district and a bunch of hotels all at the same time puts a big strain on hiring, if the hotels are open and already staffed it could smooth that out.
What would be the point of opening hotels on a piece of land that is far removed from parks that are open? I'd think you want to open the hotels with the park.

For starters. Maybe.
New Deluxe hotels hopefully? It's been quite awhile since Universal has built a Deluxe Resort.

Reactions: Andysol and LJGonz
A second City Walk style facility is a no brainer too.

I just hope they do properly connect the three areas.

How they connect the resorts is key, I know we discussed gondolas here before they were a thing at Disney, other Ideas were light and monorail systems. Personally Id love to see a monorail but I also believe that to be the least likely.

Makes sense since there might be a hookup/expansion? with the adjacent private golf course plus there's already been artwork concepts for Dreamworks/Madagascar themed hotel & pool.

Yep, pretty much what I based my post on.

New Deluxe hotels hopefully? It's been quite awhile since Universal has built a Deluxe Resort.
I do think we'll see another 2 deluxe hotels with roughly 750 guests each.

Anything more than that would probably be wasting space given how Universal has really been maximizing its hotel room counts under Comcast ownership.

Comcast execs have commented regularly the past 7 years about how maximizing the number of guests using Loews hotels is the best way to create profits across the parks. That's what they mean when they talk about how "under-hoteled" the resort has been in the past.

But yeah, I could see the following mix as the "south resort" aims towards 10000 hotel rooms over the next 15 years:

2 deluxe hotels of 750 rooms each = 1500 rooms

2 preferred hotels of 1000 rooms each = 2000 rooms

5 value hotels with a total of 7000+ rooms

Yawn....let me know when you quit talking poop.

It’s the only thing I know.

I can’t give inside tips like @Teebin @AliciaStella or @Disneyhead
I don’t have zoning/expansion expertise like @zg44
I can’t edit and make photos like @scott_walker
I can’t take pics like @Frank Drackman
I don’t search all over twitter for breaking updates like @AlexanderMBush
I don’t have the sense of humor like @shiekra38
I don’t contribute to articles and moderation like @Brian G. @Joe or @Nick

Poop is legitimately my only contribution to the forum.

That’s both literally and metaphorically :)

Poop is legitimately my only contribution to the forum. :)
There you go, talking s _ _ t again. ;):lol:

Odd that I'm considered as the one that breaks around twitter, searching through the deep end for updates when I have done some tip's myself for both Hollywood AND Orlando. ;)

Fallout Land #Confirmed

Theme Park War's... Theme Park War's never changes.

What would be the point of opening hotels on a piece of land that is far removed from parks that are open? I'd think you want to open the hotels with the park.
These hotels once opened will serve IOA and USF right? So what's the difference? There's no theme parks at the Wet N Wild site either. I do get your point, but I'm just saying if they want to spread things out a bit they could open the hotels first and start using them for the resort. Also once the hotels on the Wet N Wild site open, what's next? Would they really go several years with no new hotels.

:bs::bolt:

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
I would guess they'll be building the first phase of the new hotels simultaneously with the new dry park & CitiWalk 2. Marketed and packaged as a new resort complex.

Reactions: tielo

Was only kidding. It's good poop.:rock:

Reactions: Andysol
The 2 value hotels on Universal Blvd. (the ones around that Brownfield parcel that Stan Thomas still owns) are the most likely to open before 3rd dry park and CityWalk 2.0.

Those 2 can easily feed into current UOR with buses on Universal Blvd. just like the Wet 'n Wild hotels.

I don't think they'll open much else before the 2nd resort area is a destination in and of itself.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Status
Not open for further replies.