Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 337 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much site remediation still needs to be done there? I know that Universal did a lot of work on it before selling the land, but I'm not sure if there are still things in the soil that need to be removed prior to construction.

I have to imagine that they have a master plan for water ways and general layout if this is the start of real earth moving. I can't wait to see some documents...

Reactions: Magic-Man
I wonder how much site remediation still needs to be done there? I know that Universal did a lot of work on it before selling the land, but I'm not sure if there are still things in the soil that need to be removed prior to construction.

I have to imagine that they have a master plan for water ways and general layout if this is the start of real earth moving. I can't wait to see some documents...

It was posted here back a month or two ago. Someone found that there are only two plots that weren't completely cleared of the Lockheed waste, and those were, I believe, the ones that Stan Thomas kept in the deal.

Also, the initial water district plan was posted. It showed two smaller ponds being built towards the NW, and trenches being dug from one on the big ponds in the middle to the creek. Presumably this would lead to its removal or a shape change at least.

Of course that was submitted prior the the ST deal and the recent addition of the the rest of the land to the plan.

you forgot step 4
slow-motion-beer-can-snapping-open_-kckenilb__F0000.png

This is not directly related to the expansion, but will definitely help traffic at I-Drive and sand lake/i4:

The Diverging Diamond style interchange is only in a few spots in Florida, but I'm sure it'll terrify tourists (but be very good overall). The fact turkey lake gets its own ramp is worth it though.

The first intersection like that in Florida was over in Sarasota 3 years ago.

More info about this type of design:

Skip to about 8mins.

Reactions: fryoj
No. You’re not getting any official news from Universal for a long time about Site B

And if anything, the only instances if we hear it before a proper announcement are in interviews or by some form of a leak that could occur for some details of the property. But even then, I imagine Comcast, UPR, and UC will keep the project a secret with multiple NDA's, disclosures, and contracts to prevent contractors to speak of the project publicly.

Reactions: jtsalien
Probably just a small blurb whenever they give more details on Nintendo which they said would happen this year.

I could see them be vague on Nintendo, and only mention Mario Kart with a piece of attraction art and call it a day. Heck, I can see it now, as if it's "Coming soon to UOR, a brand new Mario Kart experience like never before", and that they don't need to mention anything about the new property until 2019 and just keeping that tidbit of Nintendo's launch location a secret.

I do think 2019 makes sense for UOSouth being announced, as it's give them a chance to take away the spotlight of Orlando's GE if timed correctly.

Reactions: Mike S
All I see about Nintendo coming this year is maybe the art we saw from USJ with DK added in and a “Comingn to Universal orlando”.

Even then I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t hear anything re: Nintendo until they’re ready to announce Park 3

I don't think they are going to show anything of the area design in my eyes, but I do think they will keep the location of SNW private until such time is needed to bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.