Universal spending will increase 25% in 2013 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal spending will increase 25% in 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

JungleSkip

V.I.P. Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
According to this article by Jason Garcia of the Orlando Sentinel.

The parks continue to grow in all areas, and Comcast is going to continue to ramp up spending. Not that we didn't already know more was on the way, this is just more proof.

And I remember when people didn't want Comcast to buy them.:lol:

Reactions: Felipe
During the Save Disney days I wanted them to successfully acquire Disney. More great news for the people who know how to professionally run a resort. Thanks for the link.

Oh wow! They acknowledged that a "second Harry Potter land" is coming. :lol:

In his most recent photo updates (since early January) from the parks, Dewayne Bevil has started to at least say Phase 2 is "strictly rumor", but at least they are beginning to even acknowledge its existence.

I did that a few times when I was down in October. Told people about Transformers and Phase II a bunch.:lol:

I have more fun playing dumb, gets the guest asking questions and keeps their ears to the ground while not ruining Uni's plan to get them back when it opens.

I also really enjoy playing dumb to employees, and watch their smirk because they know, but can't say anything.

Thanks for the article, Skip! This increase in spending is not news to us, except for the specifics, but it's so great that word is getting spread about how much Universal is investing, growing and improving each and every day. I'm glad to hear how much more they're planning to invest and improve my, our, experience at UOR :happy:

Do any of you listen for people walking along the PII walls asking what they are building and just blurt it out loudly to them? I think that would be a hoot.

I'm often asked when shooting pictures, "What are you taking pictures of?" Sometimes I know and sometimes I don't. :lol: I've even had team members ask me what's going on.

I'm often asked when shooting pictures, "What are you taking pictures of?" Sometimes I know and sometimes I don't. :lol: I've even had team members ask me what's going on.

In my mood lately... I would tell them what it is... and then offer that it is opening in 3-5 months. That would have customer service hopping.

I did too! I told people about Transformers too! It's shocking to see some people so oblivious :lol:

Orlando residents pretty much know exactly what's going on, but anybody from out of town is clueless.

One of my friends who is a HUGE potter fan posted on facebook when gringotts went vertical, so some people do follow that stuff, but by and large people don't usually care what a resort on the other side of the world is doing.