Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Many Americans (who have free access to information) have no idea that Disneyland and Walt Disney World are different places and have different attractions.

The SoCal "mentality" of WDW is that it must be better because its bigger. I can say that WDW experience is different because they are going for a week long experience as DLR has a 3 day experience. Is there more to do in WDW, yes...but that may not adjust to someone's preference. I think many of the rides are superior and the bang for the dollar is better in California...but, others will say differently for different reasons.

Its kind of like how the "public" views an airport... No two airports are the same, yet everyone attempts to navigate all airports the same way! Its not possible or feasible. Tom Bradley is not the only International Terminal at LAX...no matter what the building says!!! LOL

Reactions: BernardMesa
I mean I think that looks pretty good so I'd be cool with that as long as it's not the main KFP ride. :lol:

Haha. Exactly. I don't care either as long as they are supplemented with additional attractions. Far Far Away in Singapore is a great example. Yes, technically Shrek 4D is the centerpiece of the land (and enclosed in their surprisingly nice castle). But the Enchanted Airways junior coaster, Donkey Live, and the Puss in Boots ride they added later really round it out.

The SoCal "mentality" of WDW is that it must be better because its bigger. I can say that WDW experience is different because they are going for a week long experience as DLR has a 3 day experience. Is there more to do in WDW, yes...but that may not adjust to someone's preference. I think many of the rides are superior and the bang for the dollar is better in California...but, others will say differently for different reasons.

Its kind of like how the "public" views an airport... No two airports are the same, yet everyone attempts to navigate all airports the same way! Its not possible or feasible. Tom Bradley is not the only International Terminal at LAX...no matter what the building says!!! LOL
Well, WDW also spread the attractions all over the place in different parks. Remember Disneyland has more attractions than out MK, Epcot and Studios... combined.

Well, WDW also spread the attractions all over the place in different parks. Remember Disneyland has more attractions than out MK, Epcot and Studios... combined.
I’m really tired of seeing people say that. Someone needs to do a full breakdown to see the comparison. DL has a ride or two WDW got rid of but with additions it’s getting I’m sure it’s going to be higher or the same. :enrage::afraid:

I’m really tired of seeing people say that. Someone needs to do a full breakdown to see the comparison. DL has a ride or two WDW got rid of but with additions it’s getting I’m sure it’s going to be higher or the same. :enrage::afraid:
The breakdown has been done before just not on this site. Disneyland Resort has more rides than all of Walt Disney World.

Reactions: peep
The breakdown has been done before just not on this site. Disneyland Resort has more rides than all of Walt Disney World.
Maybe it has but I can’t find a legit one. Some people claimed one list purposely missed rides at WDW. Sorry I don’t trust people who are biased to one park over the other.

Maybe it has but I can’t find a legit one. Some people claimed one list purposely missed rides at WDW. Sorry I don’t trust people who are biased to one park over the other.
I think the number was incredibly close, so close to the point where opening TSL could've flipped it back in WDW's favor for the time being. Of course it all depends on what you consider a ride. Do you consider the Train a ride? Main Street Vehicles? Sailing Ship Columbia/Riverboat?

Things like those can drastically change the count depending on what you personally decide to count.

Reactions: peep and OrlLover
From an investor conference...
Jessica Jean Reif Cohen

And then one last China question, but with your pending theme park coming, can you talk about any relationship, any benefit to you either way?

Jeff Shell

It is going to be huge. It's a huge benefit. So I think the theme park is opening, looking at my people, for 2020, 2021, around that timeframe. One of things we have got when we bought DreamWorks is Kung Fu Panda, for example. I know it's going to be a big element of the theme park and we are working right now on a Kung Fu Panda remake that we hope will be around the same time as the theme park opening. So I actually think the ability to kind to have a cross marketing relationship. If you think about the name Universal, most people out there think of the name Universal when you think of Universal you actually don't think of Universal movies because nobody goes to see a Universal movie or a Warner Bros. movie or whatever. They go see a movie, right.

But when people think of Universal, they tend to think of our theme parks because we do so much marketing and they have an experience directly with Universal. And I think having that Universal branding in China that we are going to have by virtue of this theme park is going to be gigantic for our business.

Here’s how it was done:
Disneyland vs. Magic Kingdom poll(only those who have been to both) | Page 5 | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

WDW has more “attractions” but Disneyland has 10 more rides. Admittedly this is a few years old so some things aren’t added in but in the end DL will still be ahead.

Now that I took a step back and realized what thread this is, I have to say, why are you guys discussing WDW v. DL ride count in a Uni Beijing thread? If you want to do general chit chat like that about things you can go create a separate thread, but the conversation has nothing to do with this thread so let's take it elsewhere.

Reactions: OrlLover
Now that I took a step back and realized what thread this is, I have to say, why are you guys discussing WDW v. DL ride count in a Uni Beijing thread? If you want to do general chit chat like that about things you can go create a separate thread, but the conversation has nothing to do with this thread so let's take it elsewhere.
Sorry about that as I was responding to someone. Do you think they are seriously still designing this park ???

Sorry about that as I was responding to someone. Do you think they are seriously still designing this park ???
Until they start building, changes can certainly be made. I do think they know they general direction the park will be going in and the look/layout of the park however. That type of stuff is likely pretty much done baring unforeseen circumstances.

Reactions: OrlLover
Going back to the layout graphic from 1 Sept themeparx post...the top image matches if you look directly across from the farthest part of the park entrance.....there is the round circles restaurant with the round shape across from it and now we can see the visitor center is in the back

Reactions: Magic-Man