Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

Since I believe they show Volcano Bay on some of the renderings, I'd say it's safe to assume the waterpark is one of those parks.

Don't forget Universal considers Volcano Bay as a theme park. So in the longeterm they could be hoping for two dry parks and a water park, like UOR now.

Previous Chinese reporting said two theme parks and a water park....however i heard that the water park may no longer be a water park once the factored in weather and dust, it made less sense.

Since I believe they show Volcano Bay on some of the renderings, I'd say it's safe to assume the waterpark is one of those parks.
After I posted that I started thinking about it and realized that yes they consider Volcano Bay to be a theme park. Interesting to see if they scrap the water park and do a dry park instead as Quinn alluded to.

Last week, Beijing government officials in charge of tourism discussed with Chinese travel reporters on Universal Beijing Resort. There also has been revealed some changes of plans where this thing is getting even bigger and crosses more than just theme parks but Universal film division as well.

Official Opening occurring Spring 2021, the first phase covering 1.6 sq jm costed a total of USD $7Billion including City Avenue, The First Park , Business Centers and two Hotel. The Universal hotel is expected to be complete October 2020.

In terms of some attractions we can expect, for Transformers as Michael posted on theme parx and matched by public Chinese reporting:
A roller Coaster
Transformers 3D
Meet and Greet
Flat ride with some swinging elecment

In regards to KFP,
It is a boat ride as they ordered rafts.
Play area,
Round flat ride
Caurosel

In the future, Universal Beijing Resort will also develop more than 3 theme parks and 7 large resort hotels with more than 5,000 guest rooms. By then, Universal Beijing Resort will become the largest global theme park in Asia. After the opening of the park, the annual number of visitors is expected to exceed 30 million.

When asked about why no Chinese cultural IPs in the first park, Duan Qiang, president of the China Tourism Association said this.

"In the future, we will also build a theme park with Chinese culture IP as its core." Duan Qiang told "The purpose of introducing foreign brands is not simply 'introduction', but by digesting its technical and cultural creativity. Gradually form IP with Chinese culture as the main element, and then carry out series development. The development of cultural industry is to present the culture and national culture of a country to the people of the country and the people of the world through the most modern forms of development. This is our cultural industry. Dreams on it."

So Beijing and Universal will develop IPs, translate them to screen, and then if successful incorporate them into one of the three upcoming parks.

"Put the IP image created by the novel on the screen, turn it into a entertainment project, theme park after the world, and then develop the derivatives of tourism products and cultural products to form a complete IP intellectual property chain. Strongly, this is the way for large theme parks represented by American Disney and Universal Studios. China's cultural industry should develop and draw on this kind of thinking. By cooperating with the Universal Studios theme park in the United States, the first brigade has already stood at the forefront of the development of the world's cultural industry." Duan Qiang revealed that the upcoming resort will be the world's largest Universal Studios, and one-third of the theme parks will highlight Chinese IP elements.

In the future, Universal Beijing Resort will also build a cultural industry gathering area and performing arts towns including Chinese animation, film, art, cultural creation, etc., and will combine the more advanced development forms of the United States with Chinese elements.
Of note, just also want to point out they have a total of 4 sq km to play with with the ability for the government to grant them more in the 12 Km area.

段强:北京环球度假区是首旅目前最大文旅项目、突出中国IP元素_新闻中心_赢商网
Web Site Blocked
段强:环球度假区只是开始 要做中国IP乐园_中国经济网――国家经济门户

Tying into that more information and plans for the two hotels opening in first phase:

I know i posted the Nuo hotel plan before but finally has the Universal Beijing Hotel plans been released.

The 16.27-hectare Universal Hotel (including the front square) will be opened this year. The first phase of the hotel will build 800 rooms to create a four-star movie-themed hotel.

Original plans according to Xiao Bian (Batong.com: bjbato) learned that the project's originally covered a total area of 5.64 hectares. The area announced now is 188% higher than that at the time!

The Universal Hotel features rooms for hotels and hotels, including guest rooms, lobby and public rooms, logistics and equipment rooms, and motor garages and civil defense projects. According to the early estimates, the staff will reach 750 and the maximum passenger capacity will reach 1600. The increase in the total size of the land may mean that the total capacity may exceed the above figures.

There are urban roads and global theme parks on the north side of the base, and natural water systems in the southwest. The whole base is north high and low south, the southwest side is the main pedestrian road to enter the global resort area, the west side connects the main road service road of the scenic spot, the east side passes a landscape bridge, adjacent to another five-star hotel, the south side of the hotel The entrance plaza is a circular landscape plaza. Ticket booths are set up on both sides of the square. After the tourists purchase tickets, they are guided by the colonnade of the two wings of the hotel and enter the global park through the street.

The Nuo hotel next door covers an area of 9.01 hectares. In the first phase, it will build 400 rooms to create a five-star hotel with Chinese cultural characteristics.

It is planned to construct an underground building area of 48,527 m2 (above ground), and a 59,593 m2 building area (above ground) index is reserved for the second phase of the project. The project consists of two multi-storey towers and supporting podiums. The hotel room area is located on the west side of the site. It is divided into the north and south buildings, with 6 floors above ground. The building function is for hotels and hotels. The staff will reach 650 and the maximum passenger capacity will be 800.

This is how the interior is expected to look like

"Knockoff Universal, Distinctly Not Chinese"

On a more serious note, I'd be surprised to see Volcano Bay in any recognizable form. The park could barely be open for 6 months out of the year as an outdoor endeavour.

I highly suspect we'll never see a Uni/Disney Waterpark outside of Orlando. None of the markets either make sense or have the space to do so.