Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This will be quite different from FW. Beijing: mostly clones of existing attractions.....FW: All new attractions. Nintendo Mario will probably be the only clone at FW, and that too will be a brand new E ticket experience just a few years removed from it's debuts in Japan & Hollywood.....

Reactions: Magic-Man
This will be quite different from FW. Beijing: mostly clones of existing attractions.....FW: All new attractions. Nintendo Mario will probably be the only clone at FW, and that too will be a brand new E ticket experience just a few years removed from it's debuts in Japan & Hollywood.....

Panda could also get cloned too, but yeah. That's the reason why I'm so excited for the announcement on Thursday.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Panda could also get cloned too, but yeah. That's the reason why I'm so excited for the announcement on Thursday.
Panda; Depending on if it's an exclusive to FW, at least at opening of FW...Yeah, FW will be way more exciting. Beijing may end up a beautiful park, and cover a large area, but it's going to be same old same old when it comes to attractions, for the most part. Fine for Beijing though. They don't really need different attractions since it will be a park in a closed society that even has severe limits on what you can read on the internet, and the park will be Chinese locals and nationals for 99.99 % of the visitors. .

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man

A bit off-topic: So I guess the LC would be off the charts for now, considering it was supposed to be slated for LOZ?

A bit off-topic: So I guess the LC would be off the charts for now, considering it was supposed to be slated for LOZ?
Seems like Universal has so much on their table with the new park coming up soon, and the JW stuff, right after the big Hagrid's expense, I would think LC changes are not imminent. Plus, they did do a lot of nice updates in the PF attraction about a year ago, so that's running pretty nice right now with the laser and practical effects updates.

Looking at the attraction lineup again does anybody have any idea of what they are planning for the Gyrosphere dark ride ?

I can't see how a coaster would work for this so I'd say proper E-Ticket dark ride is the most likely route.

I have a feeling it might be something new, or a move on of the Forbidden Journey tech. It needs to be something that can go fast and slow so they can simulate being attacked by the Indo.

The building is pretty big - FJ sized.

Is Supercharged going to be the same as Orlando's?

From what I believe, yes for the most part.

Looking at the attraction lineup again does anybody have any idea of what they are planning for the Gyrosphere dark ride ?

Last I heard, Spiderman dark ride Oceaneering tech. I know, TF is in the same park but that's what I believe to have heard.

This park is definitely marketed towards the Chinese. TF, F&F, KFP, JW, WaterWorld... yup, sounds about right.

This park is definitely marketed towards the Chinese. TF, F&F, KFP, JW, WaterWorld... yup, sounds about right.
I agree.

It's also possible that Universal tried to get certain IPs there, but it just wasn't feasible for one reason or another. China could have blocked them or the owners (WB, Nintendo, etc) may have wanted too much money.

Also, I know most people know this but just for the casual reader who doesn't... Marvel and Simpsons are owned by Disney, so those are out of the question.

Reactions: tankart150 and Ryan
They might have too many SNW's going on right now. Japan, Holywood, and Orlando are all being built/in development currently, so adding a 4th I feel is probably too many/too expensive.

I'm not sure if Nintendo is even really that popular in China?

I don't think the fact that they are already doing 4 SNW's would stop them putting one here, more likely it just wasn't an IP that worked in the extensive GP surveying they did for IP's to use in this park.