Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the park looks wonderful. Man, that KFP land!!! Awesomeness indeed. Highly immersive it seems which is awesome and only a tease of what we should expect from Universal parks in the future. Id go there for that and JW if I had endless $. Should be a great park for them, seems like the most balanced Universal parks out there.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
If you live in China it's probably 'here comes an amazing theme park with rides I've never experienced before' but yeah for us not quite so exciting.

If money was no concern, I absolutely agree.

Beijing is at the core, a best-of park; with the added extra of Jurassic World and Kung Fu Panda being completely new beasts for the sense of scale. Even if the JW E-Ticket isn't seemingly being a Gyroscope dark ride; I do think there's a lot of potential with this park when it's finished.

Reactions: Magic-Man
So not only is Transformers a Hulk Clone, by the looks of that concept art, the land itself looks like a Transformers version of MSHI.
Correct on that first bit. Also, the backstory is supposedly that this land *is* a Transformer (one previously established in other media) who settled there in Beijing.

People on the Transformers board I'm on are interested, and one was wondering if we'd get a port to Fantastic Worlds; personally, I'd prefer a land based on either the G1 cartoon or Bumblebee, since either of those are actually more relevant than the first 3 movies, which this land appears to base itself on, if the inclusion of N.E.S.T. is any indication.

Credit where credit is due: If there's no Supercharged then TPU Josh called it right.

Also, is it artistic license or is their Hogsmeade covered in more snow, including snow at Hogwarts?
Many of us have been saying for the past year, way before TPU's post, that there's no way Universal puts that terrible, horrible, Orlando version of Supercharged into Beijing. Maybe now you all will believe us. :lol:

The only loss from F&F being cut is capacity. They should just add an airtime coaster and theme it to F&F. It would be cheaper and the GP might actually like it unlike every previous F&F 'attraction' ;)

The thing that sticks out for me in the newly released artwork is there are no extras visible. Uni supposedly dropped more cash into the resort to beef up the line up but we are not seeing evidence of that.

I find it curious how prominant of a role Toothless played in the promo video considering that there is no HTTYD attraction announced...yet.

Maybe a HTTYD version of the DreamWorks Theater in the Hollywood section of the park?
Makes sense

Last edited:
I find it curious how prominant of a role Toothless played in the promo video considering that there is no HTTYD attraction announced...yet.

Maybe a HTTYD version of the DreamWorks Theater in the Hollywood section of the park?
I was coming here to say this. Makes sense they're doing Dreamworks theatre for this IP. Using HTTYD a lot in the parks now, just makes sense. Love seeing Toothless used more in ads for the parks

Also, TPU was right recently with F&F here and Epic Universe being the name and not Fantastic Worlds. Don't care for his writing style but gotta give credit.

The only loss from F&F being cut is capacity. They should just add an airtime coaster and theme it to F&F. It would be cheaper and the GP might actually like it unlike every previous F&F 'attraction' ;)

The thing that sticks out for me in the newly released artwork is there are no extras visible. Uni supposedly dropped more cash into the resort to beef up the line up but we are not seeing evidence of that.
I expect whatever JW dark ride is being planned to be pretty spectacular.