1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Universal Studios Beijing Coming in 2021

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Beijing' started by NYG, Oct 13, 2014.

1. AstroOwl52

AstroOwl52 Rookie

Yeah, same reason you don't see many people on Splash Mountain during the winter months. Who wants to be near water when it's freezing outside?

Cup_Of_Coffee likes this.
  2. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I guess the JW and KFP rides will be the only completely ground up E-tickets for this park...The JW one could be very cool

3. AstroOwl52

AstroOwl52 Rookie

Question: So when it comes to existing attractions coming to the park, Minion Mayhem, Transformers, Forbidden Journey and Waterworks will be making an appearance. But what about River Adventure?

Given what we've talked about, i'm assuming no since JW is outdoors and Beijing's weather would create problems for RA if it was implemented.

4. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Legendary Member

Correct. No River Adventure.

5. AstroOwl52

AstroOwl52 Rookie

Wait, now that i think about it, is this KFP boat ride supposed to be River Adventure's replacement? Similar to how Transformers is replacing the Hulk coaster?

6. Cup_Of_Coffee

Cup_Of_Coffee Veteran Member

I’d assume lots of Dino AAs for Gyrosphere?

7. AstroOwl52

AstroOwl52 Rookie

Presumably yes. I'd guess AAs for bigger dinos like the T-Rex and then screen segments for when your being chased by smaller dinos like raptors.

8. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Veteran Member

So what exactly IS the gyrosphere? Does anyone know?

9. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

If I recall, I thought people had mention that it wouldn't be directly the Gyrosphere, and would use the ride system from Spider-Man?

10. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

Alicia said it was "like Spiderman" on Twitter, so I'm guessing it will either include the Scoop or be a trackless version

They have Transformers so I feel it would be redundant

Maybe we will finally get the Jeep Tour

11. WebHead1138

WebHead1138 Member

The JW ride will end up being a Kong and Furious clone. Mark my words.

12. AstroOwl52

AstroOwl52 Rookie

:puke:

13. Cup_Of_Coffee

Cup_Of_Coffee Veteran Member

I could see a Gysorpshere looking and acting somewhat like the Spiderman system. Probably a lot more ups nd down movement to simulate the Gyrosphere but that ride system makes a lot of sense to me. Super intrigued

14. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

We can only hope

15. brianlo

brianlo Member

I was a lot more negative on this project more out of fear it would permeate back to Orlando. Now that Fantastic Worlds does not include KFP and Jurassic World, I'm slightly less bothered. At least more will stay unique for the park for the next little bit.

Fantastic Worlds also seems to skirt my criticisms.

Uninspired is what I'd call this park. Some really nice unique elements and a lot of strange copy and pasting from their back catalogue.

Potter is not a particularly popular IP in China. It's more of a quality play than IP relevance.

Largely this feels like a park nestled in between the creative slump years of Universal creative and some of the very recent course correction. But not the full course correction.

16. mainejeff

mainejeff Member

I am much more impressed by the line-up coming to Epic Universe than Beijing. Only one that I would trade is HTTYD for KFP.

Mad Dog likes this.
  17. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Veteran Member

Why can't we have both? KFP could very well come to Epic Universe after the five year exclusion period ends.

mainejeff and Cup_Of_Coffee like this.
  18. Jamesh22

Jamesh22 Premium Member

Uninspired? Not sure what you were expecting, it's a best of Universal park for a new market place most of whom will have never been to a Universal park before.

The quality of the lands has definitely been stepped up - freaking giant mountains in Jurassic World :)

I believe the IP's for the park were specifically chosen based on surveys of the Chinese population, definitely read that somewhere.

19. UniversalRBLX

UniversalRBLX Veteran Member

This park was built with China in mind, definitely not uninspired. Transformers, Jurassic World and Kung Fu Panda are Universal's highest box office success in China. Fast and Furious (before it got scrapped) is Universal's best success in China. I expect the first addition to the park will be a new F&F attraction.

The only outliers are Harry Potter, Minions and WaterWorld. 2 of the 3 are some of the best theme park attractions created, while Minions is a merch seller.

Cup_Of_Coffee and Jamesh22 like this.
  20. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

This park is just right for China. Plenty of proven attraction successes, which the Chinese populace hasn't experienced yet, plus some China centric attractions and areas....all in a beautiful layout....That said, Epic Universe will be a couple of steps above and beyond Beijing....new E attractions, complete and separated immersion lands like Diagon, and a more cohesive park layout.