Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
ThemeparX posted a great update. The launch tunnel on Devistator looks awesome. And the Waterworks stadium looks like it's almost done.

Agreed, looks freaking amazing!

Cropped and zoomed in here, it's a thing of beauty:
4c00b816ly1gdkw32c55hj24q435eqvfrfva.jpg

Annndddd Kung Fu Panda we’ll just see on opening day.

Park is looking great though! I think this park offers an incredible balance of attractions and overall land lineup, need to know more about the JW rides though.

I'm wondering why the tunnel supports are that pale grey/blue colour and the rest are all black? Perhaps they are going to receive some theming too? They look a little odd right now.

Oh and I just thought - the lighting on the outside of that launch tunnel could end up being amazing at night!

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Another small update from themeparx

What stood out to me is the below, not that the theatre in the Hollywood section is going to be the Chinese theatre. Of course this is old artwork though as it still has F&F Supercrap in the background.
img_5450-3.jpg

Another small update from themeparx

What stood out to me is the below, not that the theatre in the Hollywood section is going to be the Chinese theatre. Of course this is old artwork though as it still has F&F Supercrap in the background.
View attachment 11956
i think it’s also in the main concept art! you could see the front facade peeking up to the first building to the left of the giant stage! I remember there were at a point rumors of some sort of Chinese Culture focused show and i’d bet they’d go there! If that’s true, the attraction lineup should look something like this:

Hollywood Blvd:
Lights, Camera, Action!
Chinese Theater Show

Transformers Metrobase:
The Devistator (Hulk)
Transformers: The Ride
Storm Force ish Spinning Ride

Jurassic World:
E Ticket Dark Ride
Kids Mountain Coaster

Waterworld:
Waterworld Show

WWOHP:
Forbidden Journey
Flight of The Hipogriff

KFP Land Of Awesomeness:
Hot Air Balloon Ride (Lanterns)
Carousel
Major Boat Ride

Minion Land:
Indoor Flat Rides (Super Silly Funland)
Illumination Theater: Minions Talent Show
Minion Mayhem

I removed Dreamworks theater because that concept art and earlier ones don’t show a place it could go.

Last edited:
EVLKyDRU4AEaCBf

i think it’s also in the main concept art! you could see the front facade peeking up to the first building to the left of the giant stage! I remember there were at a point rumors of some sort of Chinese Culture focused show and i’d bet they’d go there! If that’s true, the attraction lineup should look something like this:

Hollywood Blvd:
Lights, Camera, Action!
Chinese Theater Show

Transformers Metrobase:
The Devistator (Hulk)
Transformers: The Ride
Storm Force ish Spinning Ride

Jurassic World:
E Ticket Dark Ride
Kids Mountain Coaster

Waterworld:
Waterworld Show

WWOHP:
Forbidden Journey
Flight of The Hipogriff

KFP Land Of Awesomeness:
Hot Air Balloon Ride (Lanterns)
Carousel
Major Boat Ride

Minion Land:
Indoor Flat Rides (Super Silly Funland)
Illumination Theater: Minions Talent Show
Minion Mayhem

I removed Dreamworks theater because that concept art and earlier ones don’t show a place it could go.
The only reason I still believe the Dreamworks theatre could go somewhere is because Toothless was used in the marketing campaign. So it wouldn't shock me to see a HTTYD Dreamworks theatre, but who knows. Maybe Berk is just a planned expansion one day. The park reminds me of IOA in the sense that this should appeal to a widdeee range of theme park guests. Very strong opening day lineup. Im sure locals will love it!

Reactions: Suchomimus
LOL.
Bizarely this is an old pic - no launch tunnel on the hulk clone and no roof over the Hollywood main street.

Fantastic viewpoint though, hope we get more pics like this.
Yes, you're right....Perhaps it's still from post covid though. Feb. perhaps?....or just a really rare Beijing day if earlier. :lol:

The only reason I still believe the Dreamworks theatre could go somewhere is because Toothless was used in the marketing campaign. So it wouldn't shock me to see a HTTYD Dreamworks theatre, but who knows. Maybe Berk is just a planned expansion one day. The park reminds me of IOA in the sense that this should appeal to a widdeee range of theme park guests. Very strong opening day lineup. Im sure locals will love it!
I’d love a httyd dw theater, but i just don’t see where it’d go and having three different attractions in a land with a “theater” facade seems unlikely. I think the reason toothless was featured was because the main guy in the commercial was Hiccup’s voice actor for the chinese version of the httyd films. There’s an expansion plot between Minions and Hollywood that could eventually fit a large land so you never know!
Should also be noted that their only seems to be two big show buildings in the land, and one seems to be the chinese theater, the other looks to be within the main street’s facades, which looking at Uni Singapore’s LCA facade fits perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suchomimus
What if the HTTYD show is a full on stage show with large scale puppets housed in the Chinese Theater. Which could also be cloned into EU.
And what if this is an informed thought? I like your thinking either way.... would make sense for Toothless to show up too. It'd actually be really dope to be able to see what they could pull off with a show at that scale for Dragons. If done at a high level I think it replaces a flying attraction without any pushback, especially since there are flying attractions at other parks in Orlando.

And what if this is an informed thought? I like your thinking either way.... would make sense for Toothless to show up too. It'd actually be really dope to be able to see what they could pull off with a show at that scale for Dragons. If done at a high level I think it replaces a flying attraction without any pushback, especially since there are flying attractions at other parks in Orlando.
Instead of "informed". It's more of a do the math kind of thing.

Hiccup/Toothless were featured in the Beijing promo material. There is no HTTYD ride, so that leaves a show. So we have a show with no venue. We also have the Chinese Theater with no show announced. Then add in that there is a rumored HTTYD show coming to EU.

So how about, "How To Train Your Dragon: The Musical Spectacular"?

Hiccup/Toothless were featured in the Beijing promo material. There is no HTTYD ride, so that leaves a show. So we have a show with no venue. We also have the Chinese Theater with no show announced. Then add in that there is a rumored HTTYD show coming to EU.

Your math would add up! I admittedly haven't read all the rumors here, but, if there is rumored to be a Dreamworks theatre thats where my head went for HTTYD. Maybe they used the Dreamworks theatre as a placeholder in concept art however, haven't followed this project as closely as others. Love the idea however.

I give you an "A" for today's classroom test in "Logic"