Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

Question: So when it comes to existing attractions coming to the park, Minion Mayhem, Transformers, Forbidden Journey and Waterworks will be making an appearance. But what about River Adventure?

Given what we've talked about, i'm assuming no since JW is outdoors and Beijing's weather would create problems for RA if it was implemented.

Question: So when it comes to existing attractions coming to the park, Minion Mayhem, Transformers, Forbidden Journey and Waterworks will be making an appearance. But what about River Adventure?

Given what we've talked about, i'm assuming no since JW is outdoors and Beijing's weather would create problems for RA if it was implemented.
Correct. No River Adventure.

Alicia said it was "like Spiderman" on Twitter, so I'm guessing it will either include the Scoop or be a trackless version

They have Transformers so I feel it would be redundant

Maybe we will finally get the Jeep Tour
I could see a Gysorpshere looking and acting somewhat like the Spiderman system. Probably a lot more ups nd down movement to simulate the Gyrosphere but that ride system makes a lot of sense to me. Super intrigued

I was a lot more negative on this project more out of fear it would permeate back to Orlando. Now that Fantastic Worlds does not include KFP and Jurassic World, I'm slightly less bothered. At least more will stay unique for the park for the next little bit.

Fantastic Worlds also seems to skirt my criticisms.

Uninspired is what I'd call this park. Some really nice unique elements and a lot of strange copy and pasting from their back catalogue.

Potter is not a particularly popular IP in China. It's more of a quality play than IP relevance.

Largely this feels like a park nestled in between the creative slump years of Universal creative and some of the very recent course correction. But not the full course correction.

I am much more impressed by the line-up coming to Epic Universe than Beijing. Only one that I would trade is HTTYD for KFP.

I was a lot more negative on this project more out of fear it would permeate back to Orlando. Now that Fantastic Worlds does not include KFP and Jurassic World, I'm slightly less bothered. At least more will stay unique for the park for the next little bit.

Fantastic Worlds also seems to skirt my criticisms.

Uninspired is what I'd call this park. Some really nice unique elements and a lot of strange copy and pasting from their back catalogue.

Potter is not a particularly popular IP in China. It's more of a quality play than IP relevance.

Largely this feels like a park nestled in between the creative slump years of Universal creative and some of the very recent course correction. But not the full course correction.

Uninspired? Not sure what you were expecting, it's a best of Universal park for a new market place most of whom will have never been to a Universal park before.

The quality of the lands has definitely been stepped up - freaking giant mountains in Jurassic World :)

I believe the IP's for the park were specifically chosen based on surveys of the Chinese population, definitely read that somewhere.

This park was built with China in mind, definitely not uninspired. Transformers, Jurassic World and Kung Fu Panda are Universal's highest box office success in China. Fast and Furious (before it got scrapped) is Universal's best success in China. I expect the first addition to the park will be a new F&F attraction.

The only outliers are Harry Potter, Minions and WaterWorld. 2 of the 3 are some of the best theme park attractions created, while Minions is a merch seller.

This park is just right for China. Plenty of proven attraction successes, which the Chinese populace hasn't experienced yet, plus some China centric attractions and areas....all in a beautiful layout....That said, Epic Universe will be a couple of steps above and beyond Beijing....new E attractions, complete and separated immersion lands like Diagon, and a more cohesive park layout.