Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

I mean, I've seen enough Mack Powered inverts vs Intamin Blitz coasters to know that the Intamin Blitz will be the better coaster.
Fair, I think its just better to wait and actually see what the product may look like/end up being like before you try ending the conversation on which is the better ride lol

I get the feeling the JW coaster for Beijing will be more of a relaxing flight around the mountains and aviary than a thrill ride. Which is great, I think we need more rides like that. Velocicoaster will be more heavy on thrills but lighter on theming. So, might be a matter of opinion on which is better...

In either case, it's great to see two new attractions being built at the same time in two different parks rather than clones.

I get the feeling the JW coaster for Beijing will be more of a relaxing flight around the mountains and aviary than a thrill ride. Which is great, I think we need more rides like that. Velocicoaster will be more heavy on thrills but lighter on theming. So, might be a matter of opinion on which is better...

In either case, it's great to see two new attractions being built at the same time in two different parks rather than clones.
I mean thats the difference here, one is more family the other is purely thrill. Im curious to which one will make the overall "better" attraction as a whole but this will likely come down to preference. If JW does include lots of AAs and such inside those mountains than that to me sounds like a better overall experience. Hyped for both and they both open in 2021 so the direct comparisons are likely to only continue.

These were apparently in a universal presentation of sorts showing the JW mountains concept art
image-163.jpg
Who knows, maybe they bite off of this a bit for berk (httyd) at eu:shrug:. I want this in the states some how:'(

Do we have any knowledge on what the new rides are supposed to be like? As in Gyrosphere, KFP boat ride, JW Coaster, any new Minions ride. Just wondering what we should expect for those experiences.

Do we have any knowledge on what the new rides are supposed to be like? As in Gyrosphere, KFP boat ride, JW Coaster, any new Minions ride. Just wondering what we should expect for those experiences.
Heard gyrosphere way change to Spider-Man esque vehicles, and possibly takes more inspiration from that than people brought up. Boat ride seems to possibly go trough the actual land at a point in a river in concept art. JW coaster is probably much more kid oriented than people expect, and the dark ride is the main ride of the land from what I know. I think blueprints leaked that the indoor super Silly Fun land will have a bunch of flat rides

Heard gyrosphere way change to Spider-Man esque vehicles, and possibly takes more inspiration from that than people brought up. Boat ride seems to possibly go trough the actual land at a point in a river in concept art. JW coaster is probably much more kid oriented than people expect, and the dark ride is the main ride of the land from what I know. I think blueprints leaked that the indoor super Silly Fun land will have a bunch of flat rides
So Epic Universe will be the better new park (from our perspective) is what you’re saying ;)

Attraction Lineup from what we can tell:

HOLLYWOOD
Lights, Camera, Action! With Zhang Yimou and Stephen Spielberg
Dreamworks Theater(?) (Would be non KFP IP like HTTYD or Trolls)

KUNG FU LANDA
E ticket Boat Ride
Hot Air Baloon Flat Ride (Themed To Lanterns)
Furious Five Carousel
Playground?
(Also praying for Po’s Dad’s resturaunt)

TRANSFORMERS METROBASE
Transformers Ride
The Decepticoaster (what I call it, rethemed hulk)
Bumblebee Spinning Flat Ride from Singapore

MINION LAND
Super Silly Funland Flatrides
Minion Mayhem

HOGSMEDE
Forbidden journey
Flight of the Hipogriff
Also should note later plans for Hagride :D

ISLA NUBLAR
Aviary coaster
Indoor Gyrosphere-Esque Dark Ride

WATERWORLD LAND
Waterworld Stunt Show

Last edited:
So Epic Universe will be the better new park (from our perspective) is what you’re saying ;)
Both will be amazing. Expect great things with JW, it and transformers are the strongest IP’s in the Chinese Market amongst the lands

That being said, as a person (USA) who’s been to many of these lands before, I’m more excited for Epic since it’s new stuff and you’re absolutely right.