Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

I believe space is the reason. If the decision is made to bring JW to EU I think it would be a whole different approach to the area to try and make it distinct from JP. With JW3 being about man and dinosaur learning to live together I think that may be the way to go.

I believe space is the reason. If the decision is made to bring JW to EU I think it would be a whole different approach to the area to try and make it distinct from JP. With JW3 being about man and dinosaur learning to live together I think that may be the way to go.
Oh that could be fun! I do wonder if Jurassic World has any chance at coming to Orlando. I frankly, don't think so. Especially after this new coaster.

Also there are some wonderful pics of the mountains up close on themeparkx. Highly recommend!

Themeparx have an aerial update, bit clearer than most recent ones, I've added labels because I'm helpful like that ;)

Few things I spotted:
  1. Looks like Hoggsmead will get a black lake like Japan
  2. Nothing being built on old F&F spot (so no replacement attraction)
  3. No sign of the Hollywood entrance street canopy yet - thought that would have gone up by now
Dec Update with labels.jpg

Themeparx have an aerial update, bit clearer than most recent ones, I've added labels because I'm helpful like that ;)

Few things I spotted:
  1. Looks like Hoggsmead will get a black lake like Japan
  2. Nothing being built on old F&F spot (so no replacement attraction)
  3. No sign of the Hollywood entrance street canopy yet - thought that would have gone up by now
View attachment 11318
Yes, I've said, since F&F opened, there's no way they're going to build that turkey in Beijing after the F&F disaster opening. F&F may well be the worst D/E attraction ever built, or at least in the top two or three. A case where the general public's dissatisfaction with the attraction spoke volumes.

So if DWT does go to Hollywood land what IP do you guys expect for it? Httyd sounds most likely to me, but I could see trolls too. Also wouldn’t be shocked if whatever’s developed for it is used in USH since that was supposed to change IPs every few years

Wow that land really does look fantastic. So curious to hear more about the Gyrosphere ride as well.
Still not sure the dark ride is a gyrosphere ride, although would be neat if it was. Rumor around here was something utilizing the Spider-Man ride vehicle style. Haven't heard much about it in awhile though.

Wow that land really does look fantastic. So curious to hear more about the Gyrosphere ride as well.

Agreed, and me too!

Still not sure the dark ride is a gyrosphere ride, although would be neat if it was. Rumor around here was something utilizing the Spider-Man ride vehicle style. Haven't heard much about it in awhile though.

I just can't get my head around the hourly capacity of a Gyrosphere ride, unless it's similar tech to Forbidden journey.

I could see a Gyrosphere type ride for that kind of ride system though. Maybe your seat naturally puts you back a little more to give the feeling of movement inside the Gyrosphere but idk I could still see it in some capacity. You’d likely know better though lol.

Honestly they could just attached the circular arms onto the Scoop vehicle for the illusion of being in a Gyrosphere...It could even rotate

gyrosphere-and-a-tyrannosaurus-rex-replica-are-displayed-outside-picture-id980908488

Honestly they could just attached the circular arms onto the Scoop vehicle for the illusion of being in a Gyrosphere...It could even rotate

gyrosphere-and-a-tyrannosaurus-rex-replica-are-displayed-outside-picture-id980908488
Ya this was my line of thinking. You could add more seats too I don’t think the public would be lile “BUT A PROPER GYROSPHERE ONLY HAS 2 SEATS” so you could add more for capacity.

Very curious as to what the ride in the Innovation Center is going to be, hasn't been confirmed to be the Gyrosphere correct? I know we've discussed a potential Spidey type ride system, which I could still see for Gyrosphere, but I don't think its been confirmed? Just curious. This and KFP seem awesome and id love for them to make it to the states somehow.

ThemeparX has posted all the concept art, blueprints, and descriptions for everything in Minion Land.

Wow, that’s awesome!!! Like the looks of this land actually, pretty interested to see how it turns out.
Now, just need some KFP news