Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m still very excited for this park opening despite a lot of the rides being clones. However their is definitely some unique bits to be had with the KFP and JW land. I wonder will this be as successful as Shanghai Disneyland.

ThemeparX has a great breakdown of the Jurassic World Land including blueprints. Hammond's table service looks good. And Bird of Prey (the coaster in The Aviary) looks interesting.

@Alicia did you know The Aviary would have a counter service restaurant? 4 restaurants total for Jurassic World.

Last edited:
When the argument is "best scenery in the park", I don't think "Dark" is a good selling point. :lol:
When Knockturn Ally is literally dark, and they made it as realistic as possible, its a pretty damn good for scenery work in my mind. If they're making KFP area to always be at night or at dusk, that sounds amazing to me. Gives them more potential to flesh out some things possibly because they won't be affected by the rain or snow either.

Reactions: RFRees and Andysol
When Knockturn Ally is literally dark, and they made it as realistic as possible, its a pretty damn good for scenery work in my mind. If they're making KFP area to always be at night or at dusk, that sounds amazing to me. Gives them more potential to flesh out some things possibly because they won't be affected by the rain or snow either.
I'm not disputing the virtues of an indoor area. The Little Mermaid area at DisneySea is proof of being able to make a great little area with solid theming that gives a plethora of offerings that are safe from inclement weather. But it will never (ever) beat massive exterior lands in terms of scenery and has no chance of "stealing the show" from something like JP with massive mountains, a glass aviary, amongst other incredible rock work.

The best you can hope for with an inside land is "cute", "cool" or "fun". It will never be jaw dropping unless you can point me to a singular example.

ThemeparX has a great breakdown of the Jurassic World Land including blueprints. Hammond's table service looks good. And Bird of Prey (the coaster in The Aviary) looks interesting.

@Alicia did you know The Aviary would have a counter service restaurant? 4 restaurants total for Jurassic World.

That could then mean..we have a "Coaster-restaurant" in a Universal park.

I'm not disputing the virtues of an indoor area. The Little Mermaid area at DisneySea is proof of being able to make a great little area with solid theming that gives a plethora of offerings that are safe from inclement weather. But it will never (ever) beat massive exterior lands in terms of scenery and has no chance of "stealing the show" from something like JP with massive mountains, a glass aviary, amongst other incredible rock work.

The best you can hope for with an inside land is "cute", "cool" or "fun". It will never be jaw dropping unless you can point me to a singular example.

Idk, go to 40 seconds in the video. Id say that looks a little more than just "cute" or "cool" or "fun". It all comes down to personal taste, however. I just don't think this is going to be a tiny little kiddie play area. I think it'll be much more closer to the quality of like Berk at EU. Looks pretty great to me personally but we shall see.

Idk, go to 40 seconds in the video. Id say that looks a little more than just "cute" or "cool" or "fun". It all comes down to personal taste, however. I just don't think this is going to be a tiny little kiddie play area. I think it'll be much more closer to the quality of like Berk at EU. Looks pretty great to me personally but we shall see.

With the tiny angle we got, it looks like Little Mermaid at TDS to me. A balloon flat and a carousel. Definitely nothing like Berk at EU from that clip. Berk is a massive plot of land with tons of water features and a full coaster with show scenes. What are you seeing in that clip that makes you see it differently than I do?
I do love your optimism though. :toast:

Side note:

From that video - what is that in the top right?

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 11.27.10 AM.jpg

It looks like a water park/poor mans Volcano Bay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W.
With the tiny angle we got, it looks like Little Mermaid at TDS to me. A balloon flat and a carousel. Definitely nothing like Berk at EU from that clip. Berk is a massive plot of land with tons of water features and a full coaster with show scenes. What are you seeing in that clip that makes you see it differently than I do?
I do love your optimism though. :toast:

Side note:

From that video - what is that in the top right?

View attachment 11539

It looks like a water park/poor mans Volcano Bay.
Not sure what that mountain is. It does look like a poor mans Volcano Bay as I do see water slides. Maybe this animation accidentally featured their future water park plans? I could see them re-doing VB as well, or something close to it.

But KFP is rumored to have an E ticket boat ride as well, along with the flats. I may be overestimating the area a tiny bit, but I also think you're underestimating it haha. Im thinking its somewhere in the middle of our expectations. KFP is taking up quite a large building as well but was specifically designed to be inside to fit the Beijing climate. I think the theming, kinetic energy, and beautiful design quality and Universal's great attention to detail could really make it the sleeper hit of this park. Just my take, however. Hoping we see it in the states someday.

Reactions: OrlLover

WOW. They really hit the mother load with that post!

Love that they have a restaurant called 'Hammonds' in JW, that is a touch of class :thumbsup:

Reactions: Disneyhead
Not sure what that mountain is. It does look like a poor mans Volcano Bay as I do see water slides. Maybe this animation accidentally featured their future water park plans? I could see them re-doing VB as well, or something close to it.

But KFP is rumored to have an E ticket boat ride as well, along with the flats. I may be overestimating the area a tiny bit, but I also think you're underestimating it haha. Im thinking its somewhere in the middle of our expectations. KFP is taking up quite a large building as well but was specifically designed to be inside to fit the Beijing climate. I think the theming, kinetic energy, and beautiful design quality and Universal's great attention to detail could really make it the sleeper hit of this park. Just my take, however. Hoping we see it in the states someday.
Yep I agree with you I think KFP area is going to be amazing in terms of theming. The JW land is going to be awesome as well which is great all around for Uni proving they create areas as immersive as Disney.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
They have a plot planned for an eventual water park. This and prior art has nodded to it being another volcano bay, but that could just be a filler depiction until they design a separate water park. I believe using the land for a water park has been debated over due to the weather in Beijing, but it’s still the current plan.

Also, though all lands sans waterworld have indoor attractions, it’s interesting to note the two going fully indoors due to the heavy weather are the kids focused lands (though minions is partially outdoors, SSFL is entirely Indoors). Speaking of, any guesses as to what flats they’ll have inside SSFL? I could see the Hollywood one being brought over, but not the water splash area.

Anyone know if they got back to construction on the park? i read they stopped due to dealing with the virus outbreak and chinese lunar new year but haven’t seen an update since