Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Removing Jaws and replacing it with Hagrid would create a total dead zone along the central walkway in the Japanese park. Would be surprised to see this happen. With the park already being limited on land you think they'd want to diversify the IP's used.

Plus wonderland is where the ride would be if they put it in the same part of the land as us. praying it’s there if anywhere
Removing Jaws and replacing it with Hagrid would create a total dead zone along the central walkway in the Japanese park. Would be surprised to see this happen. With the park already being limited on land you think they'd want to diversify the IP's used.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Since i don’t think it was posted yet.... some of the stuff coming to minion land
VILLAINS CAFE
F01AB91F-A050-4ACA-830A-73C1110D727E.jpegE1DFC17F-D1CE-4DB0-86D8-475E62366344.jpeg

BAKE MY DAY (Lucy’s cupcake shop from Despicable Me 2)
E03C06F8-DB6D-4A2E-952A-319455B4AAF2.jpeg
ILLUMINATION THEATER (show attraction)
FF0CFB9D-8A04-4DEC-8F01-021591FD5359.jpeg1B969030-F916-44E3-B543-36000804B6CC.jpeg59CD3204-33C7-4757-A116-8142CA7B98A4.jpeg
you can see the seating plans in the second image.

Excitement ranking:
1) Jurassic World
2) Kung Fu Panda
3) Minions
4) Waterworld
5) Hollywood
6) Marvel Superhero Island: Transformers Edition
7) Hogsmeade

This is looking to be a pretty solid and complete park at opening.
USB Expansion Plots:
-Large expansion by WWOHP (hagrid hopes)
-JW or WWOHP expansion (it’s between the two lands)
-massive minion land expansion
-hollywood expansion
-hollywood expansion
-though not designated as such, waterworld unless there’s something in those trees stopping them like a behind the scenes facility
-transformers base expansion
Regarding the expansions, Hagrid’s will be a good fit. I’m curious if the other small area could finally house a great hall restaurant. Somewhere has to have that eventually, right?

That “minion land expansion” is just a placeholder for another completely different IP. It’s big enough to hold a new land entirely, there is no way they expand WWoHP or DM to that location.

Interesting to see a Transformers expansion. With how much of a knock off that land is, I wouldn’t be surprised if it became “Starscreamer’s Fear Fall”
I mean UOR has the same thing lol
In a 2nd park does not equal literally lands right next to each other.
I’d rather have a boat ride clone than Spider-Man with dinosaurs. As someone who will be headed here next year, that’s very disappointing.

Reactions: Jamesh22 and RFRees
Wasn't one of those villians voiced by Trey Parker?
Yep! The dude in purple. Curious to see if they add the upcoming minions 2 villains to the resturaunt. The nunchuck-chucking nun is one of the funniest villain concepts I’ve ever seen!

Last edited:
Reactions: sonoma15
Excitement ranking:
1) Jurassic World
2) Kung Fu Panda
3) Minions
4) Waterworld
5) Hollywood
6) Marvel Superhero Island: Transformers Edition
7) Hogsmeade

Regarding the expansions, Hagrid’s will be a good fit. I’m curious if the other small area could finally house a great hall restaurant. Somewhere has to have that eventually, right?

That “minion land expansion” is just a placeholder for another completely different IP. It’s big enough to hold a new land entirely, there is no way they expand WWoHP or DM to that location.

Interesting to see a Transformers expansion. With how much of a knock off that land is, I wouldn’t be surprised if it became “Starscreamer’s Fear Fall”

In a 2nd park does not equal literally lands right next to each other.
I’d rather have a boat ride clone than Spider-Man with dinosaurs. As someone who will be headed here next year, that’s very disappointing.

All good points :thumbsup:

My ownly doubt about Hagrid is that Potter, out of all the IP's in the park (excluding Waterworld), is probably the least popular of them all in China. That's not to say the GP won't love it, I just think it will be a 'wait and see' as to whether to go with Hagrid or something else.

I'll be a bit sad if they don't have a Gyro based ride but I did always have doubts about capacity for a ride like that, at least something Spider-Man style will be a people eater.