Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

Bz2n4RsCMAIEtH1.jpg:large

This alone makes me very jealous because that park looks huge

:jaw:.....that looks incredible. Looks like a mix between universal, islands, magic kingdom and heaven. My Beijing fund starts today *puts quarter in jar*

It's so awesome...but what kills me is that everything will be in Chinese! It is honestly a major deterrent from me going since all of the shows and ride videos will be impossible for me to understand...

...plus you know the fact that that you need to travel half way around the world to get there.

Since it's Beijing, where's the deep choking smog in the artist's rendition?

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind first thing. Second thing was the abundance of knockoffs in the concept. Third thing was the Communist Totalitarian government. I was once offered an all expense paid business trip to Hong Kong and I said, "no, send someone else...".

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind first thing. Second thing was the abundance of knockoffs in the concept. Third thing was the Communist Totalitarian government. I was once offered an all expense paid business trip to Hong Kong and I said, "no, send someone else...".

I think they need to knockoff many of the rides because they wont announce attractions they didn't secure an IP for yet. But yeah, I see a bunch of the same rides. It's like a bigger IOA with Uni attractions stuffed in. Not complaining. I mean having everything in one park is sort of awesome.

Great to hear you're so dedicated to the concept of democracy Teebs, but Hong Kong is not a communist government as of yet, nor a totalitarian state. You missed out on a city more civilized and beautiful than many in the West.

Yes, I've had a number of business associates & fellow soccer players who had to travel in China for business. They all hated it, and vowed to do anything so they wouldn't have to go back. Biggest complaints were how dirty the country is, the government restrictions, and the people were so rude they made the French seem friendly. China isn't the miracle nation so many make it out to be. They have issues and they are many. One of the main problems they will soon have to grapple with is the huge aging population that has no financial security network. Also, rising expectations from the lower class in a country that has so many different ethnic groups. China is not so much one nation as a large number of ethnic areas that have little in common except for a totalitarian government that puts the hammer down on liberty & dissent. Slowing economic growth is already creeping in. Kinds of reminds me of the 80's when all these economists were predicting Japan would soon surpass the USA economically. Then the Japan stagflation came...It all catches up. Easy to have huge growth numbers when you're starting from pure poverty & building cities that no one lives in.

Great to hear you're so dedicated to the concept of democracy Teebs, but Hong Kong is not a communist government as of yet, nor a totalitarian state. You missed out on a city more civilized and beautiful than many in the West.

I already knew that PP. I also knew that what is happening now might have been possible then. I also saw "Red Corner" back in the nineties and said no-way-jose. Thank goodness American industrialists virtually stole so much of their ancient culture from the country for us to enjoy here. Hell, part of the forbidden city wall and gates is 15 minutes from where I am sitting right now.

You can just chalk it up as "my loss".

1891112_722908464461850_693594996230279027_n.jpg

The lands look cool. Though marvel looks like it has a new stunt show and dark ride.
Jurassic Park looks like it has a dark ride.
And that castle in the middle? Hogwarts?

I don't understand how they can build Marvel over there. Hong Kong is getting an Iron Man ride at Disney soon

There won't be a Marvel land. It most likely will be something like Sci-Fi City. In this higher res pic you can see Hogsmeade behind the Hulk-like cobra roll.

universal-studios-beijing-concept.jpg

Last edited: