Universal Studios Florida's 25th Anniversary (2015) | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida's 25th Anniversary (2015)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 31, 2010
Tampa, FL
Do you think there will be any plans to celebrate it?

I know they had put a Back to the Future time capsule somewhere during the grand opening, to be opened in 2015...so I wonder if that will be opened (or will it casually be "forgotten about" like the Nickelodeon time capsule which I believe was removed)

The Nickelodeon time capsule was removed, but placed in the Nick Hotel in Orlando. No clue about the BttF time capsule though.

The time capsul at Universal had some park related stuff in it such as a knife from Hitchcock: The Art of Making Movies.

According to the googles, capsule is set to be opened in 2042. :down:

That is the time capsule for Nickelodeon, 2042 would make it 50 years from when they first buried it (not counting that the dug it up and buried it again at the Nickelodeon hotel).

Didn't know where else to post this, but Universal has posted their 25th Anniversary Logo on their website.

Capture.jpg

logo_UOR_tcm13-48662.png

Can someone point me in the direction of the thread with the anniversary themes and phone wallpapers someone created from vintage Universal images?

I guess this is the celebration were getting:

Universal's 25th Anniversary Concert Series

Come celebrate 25 years of unforgettable moments at Universal Orlando’s 25th Anniversary Concert Series. In addition to all your favorite rides, shows and attractions, on select nights May 23 – June 20 the stage at Universal Studios will come alive with amazing live performances.

• SATURDAY, MAY 23
  • PRINCE ROYCE
  • SUNDAY, MAY 24
  • SHAWN MENDES
  • SATURDAY, MAY 30
  • PITBULL

• SATURDAY, JUNE 6
  • KELLIE PICKLER
  • SATURDAY, JUNE 13
  • HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS
  • SATURDAY, JUNE 20
  • GOO GOO DOLLS