Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Sued Over Death After Riding Reign of Kong

I thought I read an article about him collapsing after getting off the ride, but I can't find anything that supports that now. Skimming through available articles, there's not much as to whether or not he had a preexisting condition. Although, if one of the scareactors got him, I could see it...

Signage is cheap. If slapping up copies of the warnings in some of the most common languages makes people more comfortable, I'm happy as long as it's remains appropriate themed/styled to match the existing signs.

Although correct me if I'm wrong - both the app and the in-park maps offer the various languages, correct? Plus, I've seen many a team member fluent in Spanish - signage or no, there are plenty of ways to verify warnings.

Did he die on the ride or just later on that day?

After the ride.

I really hate that a wife lost her husband, and child lost their father - but this is just an unfortunate ending. Could the warnings be in Spanish? Sure, but it's up to the guest to see the sign. He apparently already knew of his heart issues. On the warning sign, there are icons and symbols that help illustrate the various issues for certain conditions. If he did his due diligence, he would have seen that.

It's basically the same warnings that apply to every ride. It's the "we are not responsible for preexisting conditions" disclaimer. Even Shrek 4D has the No Expectant Mothers, No Heart Conditions, No Back, Neck or other Similar Physical conditions signs.

I am sorry for the loss but I have no reason to believe it was actually caused by the ride.

You can't get a hart attack from a ride, it's just not possible.
Sure when you have a know hart condition with an old type of pace maker or ICD the machinery in there could influence the function of those devices (my dad has a new one and he can even go into a MRI scanner. They just turn it off remotely during the scan to not have it go crazy and turn it on again after he has been in there but a power tool could have the same effect.
I myself have a deadly hart condition. If it wasn't found I would be dead within 2 year. Generally cardiomyopathy isn't diagnosed. Even healthy athletes just drop dead. The thing is you don't feel it. My hart muscle grows and when it bursts or it's to big you die. There is nothing that can be done. By sure luck I got diagnosed in an early stage and probably will live a long life. No scare, nor a ride, could every trigger death. (disclaimer: there are cases of people dying from a scare but it is very, very, very rare).

Yes shiekra was right Skull Island reign of Kong could’ve been a better ride. Maybe this incident will make this attraction not last that long and close it like in 10 years. I’m hoping so to be honest. Enough with the 3D. If this was Kongfrontation I bet this guy wouldn’t have passed away. Much better Kong ride we can all agree on that. Plus also you don’t need 3D glasses to see an AA Kong. They could’ve let the riders take off their glasses after seeing the projected screens in the attraction. At the end of the ride make an brief announcement on the speaker saying guest please remove glasses place them in the bin. Im not ranting I’m just surprised Universal didn’t recognize this. We can see Kong AA without glasses lol.

Yes shiekra was right Skull Island reign of Kong could’ve been a better ride. Maybe this incident will make this attraction not last that long and close it like in 10 years. I’m hoping so to be honest. Enough with the 3D. If this was Kongfrontation I bet this guy wouldn’t have passed away. Much better Kong ride we can all agree on that. Plus also you don’t need 3D glasses to see an AA Kong. They could’ve let the riders take off their glasses after seeing the projected screens in the attraction. At the end of the ride make an brief announcement on the speaker saying guest please remove glasses place them in the bin. Im not ranting I’m just surprised Universal didn’t recognize this. We can see Kong AA without glasses lol.
"Let them take off their glasses?
Do you not take them off after the tunnel?I do.....

If this is the view you have after someone lost their life, you may want to reassess yourself....

Early reports said they thought he just had an upset stomach from food he ate earlier, the family left him to sit and rest while they went on another attraction. Later reports seem to be missing this information.

Universal will probably be forced to settle as public opinions seem to assume that Kong is a rollercoaster. I don't quite get the cognitive dissonance of "duh, the ride is too intense" and "how would he know" in the same sentence.

Early reports said they thought he just had an upset stomach from food he ate earlier, the family left him to sit and rest while they went on another attraction. Later reports seem to be missing this information.

Universal will probably be forced to settle as public opinions seem to assume that Kong is a rollercoaster. I don't quite get the cognitive dissonance of "duh, the ride is too intense" and "how would he know" in the same sentence.
It's probably because tolerance levels for coasters and rides are all over the map...One person can ride Hulk seven times in a row and another can't ride it once without getting sick...Also, everything at Disney and Universal is either a rollercoaster or a simulator according to the internet