Universal ticketing upgrades | Inside Universal Forums

Universal ticketing upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 3, 2018
Just like when Disney rolled out My Disney Experience. I feel Like Universal is headed down the same road. I know They will eventually convert all paper tickets to cards just like the new UOAP’s. Could we start to see “Tapu Tapu” like points throughout the parks for Virtual Queuing as well as new park entrance process instead of walking through turn styles. At the rate of how fast the resort is growing, and all the new attractions being built for virtual queue. It would make sense. What do you guys think?

Just like when Disney rolled out My Disney Experience. I feel Like Universal is headed down the same road. I know They will eventually convert all paper tickets to cards just like the new UOAP’s. Could we start to see “Tapu Tapu” like points throughout the parks for Virtual Queuing as well as new park entrance process instead of walking through turn styles. At the rate of how fast the resort is growing, and all the new attractions being built for virtual queue. It would make sense. What do you guys think?
Welcome to the IU Forums. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Lacey

Virtual Queues and bands, no. There are many fluid plans.

I’m wondering if we see new turn styles or an upgrade to the turnstile systems to allow for better guest flow into the parks .

I use tha app almost exclusively now to enter the park. It's much more convenient than pulling out my wallet finding my pass and then having to put it back. My phone is always fairly accessible, I only wish they had more of the turnstiles with the handheld scanners as that goes much smoother. Face recognition is probably the best way to go. I know I'm not interested in wearing a band.

Facial recognition worked pretty poorly. It kept not recognizing me out of the group and they just let me go anyway. Not sure what image they were using for it? Or was it a pic taken in the first Express I encountered with it? I wanna say it was The Mummy.

Facial recognition worked pretty poorly. It kept not recognizing me out of the group and they just let me go anyway. Not sure what image they were using for it? Or was it a pic taken in the first Express I encountered with it? I wanna say it was The Mummy.

Testing. If it doesn’t work in various circumstances and locations then they’ll find a new vendor or can it.

In December they had it in mummy, forbidden journey and Spider-Man. 2 of the 3 darkest queues for whatever reason.

In December they had it in mummy, forbidden journey and Spider-Man. 2 of the 3 darkest queues for whatever reason.
They are probably testing it there to see how it works in low lighting. I’ve used it once and it actually worked pretty well for me and my family