Universal to Celebrate Centennial | Inside Universal Forums

Universal to Celebrate Centennial

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

JungleSkip

V.I.P. Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
http://t.co/OvVi5UyT

Universal will be celebrating its 100th year next year across all its platforms. A new logo will be unveiled, classic movies will be restored, and the theme parks will be included as well, according to the head of the studio. The celebration will be highlighted at an event in January.

So...could this be our new date for some announcements? Speculate away!

Do you think the new logo will be permanent? Like will we see changes to the globe outside USF? Also, this would be a perfffeeecttttt time to bring back Kong and/or Back to the Future :pray:

I would think the globe would stay.. it would be great to see something retro like this again:

Usf-logo1990.jpg

Do you think the new logo will be permanent? Like will we see changes to the globe outside USF? Also, this would be a perfffeeecttttt time to bring back Kong and/or Back to the Future :pray:

I doubt anything will need to change on the globe. The logo has changed a number of times, but the globe is a constant.

I would think the globe would stay.. it would be great to see something retro like this again:

Usf-logo1990.jpg

I would love a return to the neon sign. Loved that thing.

I wish we'd get a Universal museum in the park. I feel like USH is a lot more in tune with its rich history with the Studio Tour and their own museum attraction. Does most people even know who Carl Laemmle is?

I wish we'd get a Universal museum in the park. I feel like USH is a lot more in tune with its rich history with the Studio Tour and their own museum attraction. Does most people even know who Carl Laemmle is?

The studio tour is a lot of fun and at times (during the tour) can be extremely historically interesting, but then you get stuff like "the mummy's cursed tunnel" and Fast and Furious cars. When I was a kid, around 11-12, I remember that the tour was packed full of interesting stuff. I remember them taking us by a parking structure and asking us what it was used for. Apparently Spielberg thought it would be cheaper and just as effective to dangle the trailer in the Lost World over the side of the dressed-up structure. The tour hosts used to have great, individual stories that they accumulated as well as their prepared script. Things like that I feel are starting to fade into the background. Now we have the TV screens that make up 40-50% of the content. That is the general atmosphere at USH. History replaced with a random conglomeration of overlays and under-financed oddities (Transformers facade, I'm looking at you).

Bump.

This event/celebration needs more talking about as it (apparently) was where Universal originally planned the grand announcements of WWoHP-LA and WWoHP2 before The Wall Street Journal screwed everything up.

Just wanted to bump this again.

From the sound of everything, the next 5 years are going to fundamentally transform the resort in the biggest way since IoA and City Walk were built. Now, I don't really know what that means, but as one insider put it, "What is planned and budgeted for USF / IOA over the next half decade should have TDO an embarrassed shade of purple."

So...do we have speculation on what's coming? Do you think we'll see expansion or changes in IoA outside of the LC?

Just wanted to bump this again.

From the sound of everything, the next 5 years are going to fundamentally transform the resort in the biggest way since IoA and City Walk were built. Now, I don't really know what that means, but as one insider put it, "What is planned and budgeted for USF / IOA over the next half decade should have TDO an embarrassed shade of purple."

So...do we have speculation on what's coming? Do you think we'll see expansion or changes in IoA outside of the LC?

I have no idea how to respond to this. DCA is a 1 billion redo and Fantasyland must be pretty close to 200 million. Not sure what Uni could do other than more Potter to make TDO blink. Even then, I think the most they could do is get a blink.

i would think the following seems like a pretty impressive probable list

new lagoon world of color type show
harry potter expansion
wondersea island water park
DM
probably some amazing kidcentric thing to go in place of the old hard rock since UO is criticized for not having enough young kid stuff
transformers?
new hotel(s) on their land to the south

did i miss anything?