Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it would be smart to merge Seuss landing with the modern Seuss adaptations by Illumination like Grinch and Lorax. I would kill for an awesome Mt. Crumpet coaster.

As far as the fourth gate goes, I would really like to see Universal hit a home run with their in-park restaurants. I'd like to see something with the same level of theming and food quality of Mythos in each land. Regardless of what kind of transportation they add to bring guests to and from the newly acquired land, the park will a much longer trek to CityWalk than what we're used to. Hence my desire for some awesome restaurants.

As far as the "lands" that I would like to see, I'm clamoring for a horror area. It would also be funny if they came in and made a legit Sci-Fi land that totally obliterates Tomorrowland.

Early in this thread I mentioned what I would do as the petty catty fellow that I am. I still think a hub and spoke castle park with Transylvania as the Main Street/Castle section. But the castle would be huge, dark and imposing with a Universal Monsters "Greatest Hits" Dark Ride inside.

I'm pretty sure we will get a Chinese section with a KFP dark ride. And of course a Noodle (Pho) restaurant.

And probably Berk and a HTTYD dark ride.

And Far, Far, Away.

Early in this thread I mentioned what I would do as the petty catty fellow that I am. I still think a hub and spoke castle park with Transylvania as the Main Street/Castle section. But the castle would be huge, dark and imposing with a Universal Monsters "Greatest Hits" Dark Ride inside.

I'm pretty sure we will get a Chinese section with a KFP dark ride. And of course a Noodle (Pho) restaurant.

And Far, Far, Away.
I'm not getting the hype of this far far away land. Shrek isn't popular and no amount of large land with pointless details being put into it that many people and kids won't recognize is going to make it better.

And Far, Far, Away.

This seems like WAY too much DreamWorks. I could see a DreamWorks-centered "Fantasyland", but not individual lands for all these properties.

Also, Pho is Vietnamese, not Chinese.

And Far, Far, Away.

I honestly can't agree with that much of DWA coming for the fourth gate.

Yea, Universal has way too many IPs to choose from to just highlight on DWA. The issue isn't they have too little. They have too many and its hard for them to choose which ones and how to implement ideas.

DreamWorks Animation:
Antz, Bee Movie, Prince of Egypt & Joseph: King of Dreams, Road to El Dorado, Sinbad :popcorn:, Wallace and Gromit, Chicken Run, Shrek & Spinoffs, Monsters Vs. Aliens, How to train your dragon, Rise of the Guardians, Croods, Trolls, Trollhunters, Turbo, Home, The Boss Baby, Captain Underpants, Kong Fu Panda, Wizard of Once

DreamWorks Classic ( to include UPA, Harvey Entertainment/Famous Studio, Golden Books/Gold Key Comics, Big Idea Entertainment, Filmation, Woodland Animations, Tell-Tale Productions, Tribune Media Services, Bullwinkle Studio catalogues) :

Noddy, Voltron, Olivia, Where's Waldo, Felix The Cat, Gerald Mc Boing Boing, Mr Magoo, Fox and Crow, Dick Tracy, Casper & Friends, Richie Rich & Friends, Harvey superheroes (There are too many to list some of note are Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, and The Spirit) Blondie, Bunny, Hot Stuff, Chamber of Chills, Flash Gordon,Harvey Friends, Herman and Catnip, Honey Halfwitch, Lamb Chop's Playing Around, Charlie Horse, Space Family Robinson, Magnus Robot Fighter 4000 AD, The Phantom, Dell Comic Heroes, Gold Key Comic Heroes, Lassie, Sergaent Preston of the Yukon, The Mighty Hercules, King and Odie, The Hunter, Commander McBragg, Go Go Gophers, Klondike Kat, Tennessee Tuxedo and his tales, The beagles, Totter Turtle, Tale of the Wizard of Oz, Family Classics, Smokey The Bear, Jackson Five, Adventures of Pinnochio, The Osmonds, The Daydreamer, Mad Monster Party, The Relucant Dragon, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Friends, Santa Claus and Friends, Peter Cottontail, Veggie Tales, Gumby, Midnight Patrol in the Dream Zone aka Potswoth and Co, Dr Zitbag's Translyvania Pet Shop, Fat Albert, He-Man, She-Ra, Lavender Castle, The Forgotten Toys, Bill The Minder, The Spooks of Bottle Bay, Boo!, Tweenies, Titch, Katie and Orbie, General Mills Cereal Characters, Aesop and Son, Dudley Do Right, Sherman and Mr Peabody, Fractured fairy tales, George of the Jungle, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Super Chicken, Brenda Starr, Broomhilda, Little Orphan Annie, Conrad, Mother Goose and Grimm, Brewster Rockit: Space Guy! and more comic strips.

Universal Pictures:

Beethoven, Curious George, Fast and Furious, Doctor Doolittle, Mortal Engines, Crononauts, Universal Monsters, Egg and Spoon, Gears of War, God of War, Locke and Key, Red Queen, Space Race, Spirit Animals, The School of Good and Evil, The Umbrella Academy, Weird Science, Watch Dogs, Pitch Perfect, Woody Woodpecker, Monster High, Back To the Future, Jurassic Park, Moshi Monsters, Hitchcock films, Nanny McPhee, Hell Boy, The Simon Pegg/Edgar Wright Trilogy, The Producers, Riddick, Peter Pan, blue brothers, Twister, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Waterworld, Babe, Backdraft, Jaws, Dune, King of the Mountain, Metropolis, HP Lovecraft, Invincible, Big it On, Films of John Hughes, To Catch a Mockingbird, Crime of the Century (Time Travel Heist franchise), Out of Africa, Warrior Queen

Illumination Entertainment:

Sing, Despicable Me, Secret Life of Pets, Dr Seuss, Flanimals, Lockwood & Co, The Night Tourist

Universal Television:

Battlestar Galactica, The Good Place, Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew, Xena, Timeless, American Dreams, The Munsters, Knight Rider, Time Cop, Magnum PI, Miami Vice, Dr Who, Quantam Leap, The A-team, Oregon Trail, Night Gallery

Universal Cable Productions:

Bates Motel, The Magicians, Eureka, Metropolis, Warehouse 13, Channel Zero, Mythos, Wild Cards, A Brave New World, Umbrella Academy, Interworld, The Woods, Bushido, Sharknando, 12 monkeys, THE RAVEN CYCLE QUARTET

NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan (not including their musical acts):

Owari No Seraph, Black Bullet, Arslan Senki, Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis, Drifters, Beserk, Ao No Kanata No Four Rhythm, The Labyrinth of Grisaia: The Cocoon of Caprice, Norn9, Clockwork Planet, Astroboy, Starmyu, Bakumatsu Rock, Chobits, Sukiyaki Western Django, Hellsing, Tenchi Muyou, El Hazard series, High School of the Dead, Fate/Stay series, Black Lagoon Series, Toaru Majutsa No Index, Danganronpa: The Animation, Tokyo Ravens, A Lull in the Sea, Shakugan no Shana, Buso Renkin, Shigurui: Death Frenzy, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Armed Librarians: The Book of Bantorra, Tales of Symphonia series

Universal Pictures International:

Moon Lovers, Hero

Focus Features:

Scott Pilgrim, Moonrise Kingdom, 9, Baby Driver, Everest, Rush, O Brother Where art Thou?, Italian Job

Laika:

Coraline, Paranorman, Box Trolls, Kubo

Universal Animation Studios:

Balto, Land Before Time, Sherlock Homeboy, Tale of Despereaux, Exosquad, The Savage Dragon

Amblin Partners (including Amblin Entertainment, etc):

Ghost in the Shell, Ready Player One, ET, Gremlins, An American Tail, Zorro, Men in Black, Adventures of TinTin, Goonies, Men in Black, Galaxy Quest, Gladiator; Peppa The Pig, Haunting at Hill House

Nintendo (Nintendo fully owns or owns part of the IP) :

Animal Crossing, Brain Age, Chibi Robot, Legendary Starfy, Donkey Kong, Doshin the Giant, Earthbound/Mother, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Game and Watch, Golden Sun, Kid Icarus, Mario, Super Smash Bros, Kirby, Metroid, Pikmin, Pokemon, Zelda, Star Fox, Xenoblade, Wario, Bayonetta, Splatoon

Legendary:

Pacific Rim, Toho Monsters (Godzilla, etc), Warcraft, Mass Effect, Hot Wheels, Great Wall, Lost in Space, Dune

Universal Pictures Home Entertainment in partnership with many different companies:

Thomas the Train, R. L Stein, Death Race, Twin Peaks, Bob the builder, Attack on Titan, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Dragon Ball Z, Cowboy Bebop

Gkids (in Partnership with Universal):

Ernest and Celestine, Boy and the World, Patema Inverted, Tale of Princess Kaguya, Song of the Sea, April and the Extraordinary World, Phantom Boy, Zarafa, Summer Wars, The Secret of Kells, Nocturna, Welcome to the Space Show

Blumhouse:

Purge, Oculus, Paranormal Activity, Ouija, Five nights at Freddy's

Outside IPs seen in UNiversal Parks that could expand more:

Shonen Jump, Hello Kitty, Detective Conan, Death Note, Neon Envangelion Genesis, Godzilla, Yokai Watch, Dragon Quest, Harry Potter, Popeye, Betty Boop, Scooby Doo, Spongebob, More original content.

This seems like WAY too much DreamWorks. I could see a DreamWorks-centered "Fantasyland", but not individual lands for all these properties.

Also, Pho is Vietnamese, not Chinese.
Yeah, I know that "Pho" is Vietnamese but it is just hip asian noodle soup right now. A lot of "Pho" restaurants here serve several types of Asian noodle soups including Ramen (Japanese). And a couple are like Subway where you just pick a broth, pick a noodle, pick a protein, and then add ins like boild egg and scallions.

And I envision these DreamWorks IPs to be more like Mini-lands or Epcot WS "Countries". Not full on Diagon Alley-style lands.

Po's stepdad owns a Ramen noodle shop in the films. It's served in broth. It's practically pho, but from the correct region... And part of the movies.

Mr. Ping's is the most popular noodle shop in all of the Valley of Peace! Broth runs through his veins!

This is integral to the world of Kung Fu Panda!!! This is important to get right!

IMG_8130.JPG

I do wonder if Universal will use the land creatively such as making Valley of Peace an actual valley and at the top is Berk and down the winding path to the left is swamp and Far Far Away located in the farthest corner of the park.

I'd love a ChristmasTown. With a greatest hits dark ride. The soundtrack alone would be amazing. Frosty, Santa Clause is Coming To Town, The Little Drummer Boy, Rudolph.

Doesn't Seaworld have the theme park rights to all those?

Edit: Oops- you were just talking about the music

2nd Edit: The Polar Express (albiet, WB) would be a tremendous hit at Universal also. I realize it would be somewhat seasonal- but the add-ons they could have during Christmas season would pay for itself easily.

Doesn't Seaworld have the theme park rights to all those?

Edit: Oops- you were just talking about the music

2nd Edit: The Polar Express (albiet, WB) would be a tremendous hit at Universal also. I realize it would be somewhat seasonal- but the add-ons they could have during Christmas season would pay for itself easily.
If I'm not mistaken, this is the last year of the licensing agreement with SeaWorld.

Status
Not open for further replies.