Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why we're discounting the possibility of Jurassic in 2 parks so quickly or easily.

It's Universal's single most important live action IP; even further, it's the most important Universal movie IP for the US market. The only other one that even comes close is Fast and the Furious (which obviously can't justify a multi-park IP). It's not just about merchandise or sales; it's the fact that it's the only property that Universal can produce knowing it'll generate $300m+ domestically in a heartbeat (JW did $650m US+Canada); we're likely to see at least several more JW movies through the next park opening. If there's any IP that Universal would want to push in 2 Orlando parks, it'd be that one.

I'm not saying they'd keep Jurassic Park in IoA permanently if JW did appear in the next park, but I'm also not sure why it'd be such a terrible idea; confusion doesn't seem to be that big an issue to me when you're comparing JPRA to a JW Gyrosphere experience.

The best argument against it is just that there wouldn't really be enough differentiation of the experiences because of the motif of seeing dinosaurs, but I feel like a JW Gyrosphere ride would be different enough to justify it.

The only way I see two Jurassic lands working is if they get more specific and name them after islands. For example, Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna. Technically, though, Jurassic World took place on Isla Nublar, the same island as the previous films. There could be another island they create in the next movie.

Reactions: zg44
I don't see why we're discounting the possibility of Jurassic in 2 parks so quickly or easily.

The only way I see two Jurassic lands working is if they get more specific and name them after islands. For example, Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna.

Universal using the same IP in two different parks? :look: Never!!! lol. I actually agree with you. I have no issue with them having both at least they find something to do with JP. As for now, let it be. Reflection of the past with the promise of the future. Grab both Jurassic Franchise generations.

Reactions: fryoj
We should probably also watch Universal Beijing developments closely.

I'd imagine that they're working on a fully updated Jurassic World offering for Beijing which will likely be ported elsewhere. In some sense, Universal has a huge advantage with new parks coming online in two important locations (Beijing and Orlando) at one time; there's an opportunity for updated versions of things that will appear elsewhere and to split design costs.

Any chance that Cartoon Network comes into play?
Now that Universal owns DreamWorks (and Illumination), it's probably hard to see animated offerings from other companies (Warner-owned CN) being in play as much. At least on the animated side, Universal will want to promote vertically owned offerings and their related merchandise (which is why I always say that Trolls may have a chance if the 2nd movie does well and toy sales are strong).

One word to make this park the best park. Netflix.

Netflix shows are shows produced by other companies (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt UNIVERSAL, OITNB LIONSGATE, DEFENDERS Disney, etc). Too many rights and other companines involved to make it worth while.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the best bet would be to find out what liscenses are requested most by other companies in regards to Universal because as much as we keep going on film sales, what theme parks need isn't based on film but more so how much merch they can move.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Universal using the same IP in two different parks? :look: Never!!! lol. I actually agree with you. I have no issue with them having both at least they find something to do with JP. As for now, let it be. Reflection of the past with the promise of the future. Grab both Jurassic Franchise generations.

This^

Theme park board logic:

Harry Potter, who only has one movie over $1 billion worldwide, gets a land in every park they own. Absolutely!

Jurrassic Park/World which has two movies over $1 Billion including one that was the second biggest ever when it came out, and one that is the 4th biggest domestic and worldwide currently. Never!

Yeah I get there is a difference in the IP's, but it's not out of the question that it would have two lands.

This^

Theme park bard logic:

Harry Potter, who only has one movie over $1 billion worldwide, gets a land in every park they own. Absolutely!

Jurrassic Park/World which has two movies over $1 Billion including one that was the second biggest ever when it came out, and one that is the 4th biggest domestic and worldwide currently. Never!

Yeah I get there is a difference in the IP's, but it's not out of the question that it would have two lands.

Again with Potter people are clamoring to buy up wands, robes, and other merch. Jurassic Park/World outside certain apparel items what items does it move?

Reactions: Andysol
I don't
This^

Theme park board logic:

My guess Potter has more lands is because there’s more merchandise opportunity, not too mention that there are more die hard potter fans than die hard JP fans.

Going to slightly revise my blue sky plan to be slightly more "realistic." Aka, something without Jurassic World and with less lands.
Universal's Wonder Valley
Universal's 3rd park is a dedication to the feeling of wonder, adventure, and atmosphere. The park icon is Wonder Mountain, a massive mountain that towers over the park with an imposing, but beautiful design.
  • Wonder Village - The opening area to the park is a mountainside village. It's relatively small and humble, but features a decent amount of shopping and dining, including the obligatory table service character dining spot. There is also dedicated viewing space for the park's nightly firework spectacular.
  • Beastly Point - Imagine this area as... Mystic Point from Hong Kong Disneyland, but with a French touch. Guests enter this mysterious European town that is full of odd creatures, monsters, and beasts. The architecture is distinctly French, with an added whimsical element to match the area's theme.
    • The first section guests walk through is based off Fantastic Beasts; the French locales of the second film, to be exact. Guests can discover themed shopping as well as a Fantastic Beasts e-ticket indoor coaster based off a set-piece from the second film, with a queue based off the inside of Newt's magical briefcase.
    • The next section just features a unique, non-IP table service restaurant within the manor of an eccentric billionaire zoologist. Guests dine inside the halls of his home, and can admire the many strange artifacts and creatures that reside throughout.
    • The last section of the area is based off Pokémon, using the French aesthetic of the Kalos region. Here guests can ride the highly detailed and elaborate Pokémon Snap Safari interactive dark ride, board a Flight of the Charizard spinner, become a trainer in a unique interactive experience, and shop at a huge Pokémon Center.
  • Fantasy Kingdom - This huge land is the marquee new area of the park, based off massive the iconic massive fantasy worlds of Lord of the Rings and the Legend of Zelda. Being the largest area in the park, the area has large, sweeping landscapes, tons of rock-work, and tons of merchandise, dining, and entertainment.
    • Within the land of Lord of the Rings, guests can come across Mordor, Gondor, and Hobbiton. Gondor is the most extensive, featuring several shopping and dining opportunities, as well as an e-ticket state of the art thrilling dark ride Lord of the Rings: Journey through Middle-Earth. Mordor isn't fully explorable, but features the a thrilling drop ride attraction within the iconic Dark Tower of Mordor, with the queue being through Mordor itself. Hobbiton doesn't have any attractions, but has shopping and a table service buffet.
    • The Legend of Zelda subsection of this land is more targeted towards families. Guests enter Hyrule Castle Town, where they can enjoy unique, immersive shopping and dining opportunities. Attraction-wise, there's an interactive trackless dark ride through the Temple of Time called The Legend of Zelda: Battle for Hyrule, as well as a live action stunt show called The Legendary Story of Zelda.
  • DreamWorks Land - The primary area of the park for families, DreamWorks Land brings to life some of the most iconic properties to come out of DreamWorks Animation. Each of these sections is around the size of a World Showcase Pavilion, and transition to each other in a non-intrusive way.
    • Of course, Shrek makes his return to a theme park presence through an area based off Far Far Away. Guests can board boats and join Shrek on a river cruise in Shrek's Fairytale Tour, which pokes fun of classic Disney attraction tropes, as well as dine and shop at locations from the Shrek films. There's also the outdoor family coaster themed to Dragon, Far Far Away Express.
    • Kung Fu Panda gets a courtyard based off the Valley of Peace, in which guests can dine at Mr. Ping's Noodles & Tofu, or join Po and the Furious Five on a mission to protect the valley from bandits in the interactive shooter attraction, Kung Fu Panda: Defenders of Awesomeness. There's also a play area themed for young kids themed to the Kung Fu training equipment in the dojo from the films.
    • The most elaborate of these three sections is the How to Train Your Dragon-based one. The area's e-ticket is a multimedia dark ride mixing together screens, sets, and other effects to recreate the feeling of flying around the island on top of a dragon. Alongside that, there's a live show that uses advanced puppetry to teach guests about the unique qualities of dragons.
  • Sci-Fi City - The smallest area of the park is the Tomorrowland-esque Sci-Fi City, based on a futuristic city in which aliens, robots, humans, and more interact. This area is the least developed with only two attractions within close proximity, however it has room for future expansion in case future sci-fi IPs take off.
    • Star Trek makes its major theme park debut with an interactive simulator in a similar vein to the Millenium Falcon attraction at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, except instead, guests take control of a Galactic Federation ship to fly through the cosmos and avoid the occasional hostile enemy. This attraction has an elaborate and highly themed queue as well as a small surrounding area featuring themed shopping.
    • Pacific Rim gets represented through a massive, dueling outdoor coaster within the city. The coaster has a facade similar to the Dueling Dragons Facade, except with a giant, highly detailed statue of a Jaeger fighting a Kaiju. The coasters themselves are very similar to the Battlestar Galactica one in Singapore. The coaster also has extra safety measures and a unique design to prevent injuries in the vein of what happened with Dragon Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.