Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i was thinking since all the land is in separate chunks they should take the 100 acres and use it for a dedicated hhn and storage or ride test area.That would free up all the space that the ss takes up making room for maybe 5 rides and universal studios.At the same time you could build 10-15 sound-stages expanding hhn.

so i was thinking since all the land is in separate chunks they should take the 100 acres and use it for a dedicated hhn and storage or ride test area.That would free up all the space that the ss takes up making room for maybe 5 rides and universal studios.At the same time you could build 10-15 sound-stages expanding hhn.

All the land is not is separate chunks. That 100 acres is connected to another 340-ish continuous acres

so i was thinking since all the land is in separate chunks they should take the 100 acres and use it for a dedicated hhn and storage or ride test area.

Universal owns (rents?) storage space by MCO for this reason. The sound stages are sometimes used for testing of effects or work, but that’s likey done for convince reasons. Everything else is transferred off-site to storage (including the Christmas and Marci Gras stuff as well).

About the only thing that doesn’t get transferred over there are large things like the School Bus and the Sprung Tents. I don’t think you’d gain as much space as you’re thinking you would.

DiKCkGD.jpg

Okay, so here's the main plot of 604 acres with the smaller plots near Universal Blvd. also shown as the main part of the 2nd resort. The black line is Kirkman extension, and the blue line is the creek separating the main plot from the other plots.

That green outlined part of 33 acres is also part of UCPM III, so they could buy that to combine with the 15.5 to make a sizeable 48.5 acre plot next to Universal Blvd./Kirkman.

If Universal can acquire all of the UCPM III land nearby; you're basically looking at 675 acres for the 2nd main resort. And that still isn't including the 40 acres of Lockheed land to the East of Kirkman. If you get all of those plots, you're talking about 715 acres.

With this more detailed information thanks to @zg44 ...it can be easier to design blue sky Universal Park. What are your dream blue sky park ideas for the 604 areas of land.

One of the reveals at IAAPA '17 just recently was Dynamic Attraction's all terrain vehicle dark ride concept. Trackless, 6 person vehicles (Jeep and HISS tanks shown), omnidirectional/autonomous, and with the ability to function indoors or out on various inclines, pitches, etc.

Dynamic claims this "top secret" ride concept apparently has an interested buyer but is also being described as turn-key, as in, the G.I. Joe IP and theming will be packaged with it. This is what seems odd to me. What park would have the space, money, and desire to buy this, taking the IP with it as is? As far as I'm concerned, the IP is long past it's glory days and one could even argue that its beyond repair.

Does anyone think Universal might be the interested party? As much as I'd love to see this concept became a reality in one of the parks, I just don't see them going for it with the current IP attached. What I could see however, is a re-theme to a Jurassic Park ride since this reminds me very much of that early concept for the JP jeep ride. Then again, the current rumors seem to indicate a gyrosphere attraction is on deck. Perhaps this could be a nice replacement for JPRA in Islands if they ever decide to kill that ride. I could see that happening if there's a Jurassic World section in a new park and they want to retain the Jurassic Park section in Islands but breathe some new life into it. There would definitely be the room in that plot of land I'd imagine. But maybe it'd be too similar to Kong right next door? What do you all think, something similar in a new park with this or a different IP or nah?

One of the reveals at IAAPA '17 just recently was Dynamic Attraction's all terrain vehicle dark ride concept. Trackless, 6 person vehicles (Jeep and HISS tanks shown), omnidirectional/autonomous, and with the ability to function indoors or out on various inclines, pitches, etc.

Dynamic claims this "top secret" ride concept apparently has an interested buyer but is also being described as turn-key, as in, the G.I. Joe IP and theming will be packaged with it. This is what seems odd to me. What park would have the space, money, and desire to buy this, taking the IP with it as is? As far as I'm concerned, the IP is long past it's glory days and one could even argue that its beyond repair.

Does anyone think Universal might be the interested party? As much as I'd love to see this concept became a reality in one of the parks, I just don't see them going for it with the current IP attached. What I could see however, is a re-theme to a Jurassic Park ride since this reminds me very much of that early concept for the JP jeep ride. Then again, the current rumors seem to indicate a gyrosphere attraction is on deck. Perhaps this could be a nice replacement for JPRA in Islands if they ever decide to kill that ride. I could see that happening if there's a Jurassic World section in a new park and they want to retain the Jurassic Park section in Islands but breathe some new life into it. There would definitely be the room in that plot of land I'd imagine. But maybe it'd be too similar to Kong right next door? What do you all think, something similar in a new park with this or a different IP or nah?

Definitely something UC has considered in the past. However, with the issues that occurred with Kong (with no major elevation changes) they may be hesitant about using this technology.

The more I consider the likely IPs for this park, it's starting to feel like it'll have a "Kingdoms" motive. Considering how many of the things being heavily considered have "castles" in them, it almost makes sense.

"The Kingdom of Hyrule" would have Zelda's castle
"DreamWorks Kingdom" would feature Happy Ever After's castle.
"Lands of Middle-Earth" LOTR could feature several castle-like structures.
A Classic Monsters ("Dark Kingdom" or "Monster Kingdom") area could have Frankenstein/Dracula's castle
Even Starfleet HQs or Starfleet Academy from the new Star Trek films have a majestic architecture that could fit as a "sci-fi" castle for "Sci-Fi Kingdom."

The sci-fi area would likely be the hardest one to pull off, but it's far from impossible. And Universal's classic, snarky marketing kinda writes itself.

"You like kingdoms? We have five."

The more I consider the likely IPs for this park, it's starting to feel like it'll have a "Kingdoms" motive. Considering how many of the things being heavily considered have "castles" in them, it almost makes sense.

A Classic Monsters ("Dark Kingdom" or "Monster Kingdom") area could have Frankenstein/Dracula's castle
Even Starfleet HQs or Starfleet Academy from the new Star Trek films have a majestic architecture that could fit as a "sci-fi" castle for "Sci-Fi Kingdom."

The sci-fi area would likely be the hardest one to pull off, but it's far from impossible. And Universal's classic, snarky marketing kinda writes itself.

Universal Kingdom Park

That would be hysterical if they named it Universal's Magical Kingdom or something

I can picture "Universal's Fantasy Kingdom" as a name and/or theme. Zelda, LOTR, most DreamWorks properties, etc all fit in the "fantasy" theme, and it'd separate it from IOA's "adventure" theme pretty well.

That said, Star Trek wouldn't fit into that at all. In fact, I'd even say that I think Star Trek/Sci-Fi land should be a World Expo replacement because I can't really imagine how it'd fit as a full land next to everything else in Park 3. But that's just my take on it.

Does anybody else hope Gate 3 isn't just single IP lands? In fact, I kind of hope that outside of Middle-Earth, they avoid single IP lands. For example: instead of having "The Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts," which would be a bit narrow and not as widely appealing as Potter's Wizarding World, have a Fantastic Beasts e-ticket and surrounding area be the cornerstone of a wider European-themed area, that also features some completely original shopping, dining, and entertainment. Or have a Pokemon area be part of a wider, eastern/Japanese themed area. Or Kung Fu Panda as part of a wider "Ancient China" themed area that also features an original dragon-themed coaster. And so on. I know it's unlikely with Uni's IP craze, but it'd help in making the park more timeless and MK/TDS-esque IMO.

Megalands with minilands inside?
Overarching Fantasyland with Shrek, SGE, LOTR, Berk, Zelda minilands.
East Asia with Pokemon, Kung Fu Panda, etc.
Space with Star Trek, Doctor Who, Battlestar Gallatica, Metroid.
Etc Etc

I think thats actually the biggest weakness so far is the lack of smooth transitions of properties within Universal and IOA a full land where all IPs are based may work better

Megalands with minilands inside?
Overarching Fantasyland with Shrek, SGE, LOTR, Berk, Zelda minilands.
East Asia with Pokemon, Kung Fu Panda, etc.
Space with Star Trek, Doctor Who, Battlestar Gallatica, Metroid.
Etc Etc

I think thats actually the biggest weakness so far is the lack of smooth transitions of properties within Universal and IOA a full land where all IPs are based may work better
That's what I was thinking. They could even get creative with it. Here's a wild concept for a land: something featuring Pokemon and Fantastic Beasts. On a surface level, both are completely different properties, and that sounds crazy. But honestly, the two properties DO have a lot of thematic similarities; both have major themes of bonding and caring for odd and fantastical creatures. If they use the 2nd FB film's Paris aesthetic and the Kalos region of Pokemon's French aesthetic, I could see these two minilands fitting together very nicely in some sort of "Creature Point" or "Beastly Village," with a backstory of being a mysterious village where strange mythical creatures of all kinds gather. That said, I highly doubt something like that will happen, as I have a feeling WB and Nintendo will want full lands for their properties.

That's what I was thinking. They could even get creative with it. Here's a wild concept for a land: something featuring Pokemon and Fantastic Beasts. On a surface level, both are completely different properties, and that sounds crazy. But honestly, the two properties DO have a lot of thematic similarities; both have major themes of bonding and caring for odd and fantastical creatures. If they use the 2nd FB film's Paris aesthetic and the Kalos region of Pokemon's French aesthetic, I could see these two minilands fitting together very nicely in some sort of "Creature Point" or "Beastly Village," with a backstory of being a mysterious village where strange mythical creatures of all kinds gather. That said, I highly doubt something like that will happen, as I have a feeling WB and Nintendo will want full lands for their properties.

I think that may be a little too much. I don't think IP owners want cross interactions of their IPs outside parades and shows. But over encompassing area where they are both present may be okay. Kinda like Kidzone in USJ where they have Hello Kitty, Seasame Street, and Peanuts all in one land but each have their own special areas within the land.

But thats the creative thinking I'm hoping UC is taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.