Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 211 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine that FB is under the same deal as HP. I don't think it matters if they use it or not.

Personally, I think HP at the current resort and FB at the new one is the best route to take to keep them as their own lands.
Universal was required to use materials from all the books despite all the books not being out when hogsmeade first opened. Since Rowling originally planned on doing nothing after Deathly Hallows I doubt that anything after like FB was included in the deal.

I would suspect that to use Fantastic Beasts would either require a new deal or an amendment to the old one. This would likely require an entire land with the expansion ability in order to accommodate all 5 movies

Reactions: SeventyOne
Universal was required to use materials from all the books despite all the books not being out when hogsmeade first opened. Since Rowling originally planned on doing nothing after Deathly Hallows I doubt that anything after like FB was included in the deal.

I would suspect that to use Fantastic Beasts would either require a new deal or an amendment to the old one. This would likely require an entire land with the expansion ability in order to accommodate all 5 movies

I thought Universal have the rights for the Wizarding World which FB falls under but I don’t know for sure.

If they don’t have the rights, then I’m sure they’ll be he first option.

Last edited:
Essentially after spending time reading multiple He-Man forums....Dreamworks and Mattel both own the IP until 2023 which the rights of full ownership goes to Dreamworks. For every toy made, Dreamworks gets a licensing fee while for all the shows and movie being made Mattel gets a licensing fee.
So if the Masters of the Universe film keeps stalling at Sony we could find rights going back to Dreamworks?

It's really difficult to take anything called He-Man seriously. It's even tougher after having seen this

ss2780726_-_photograph_of_dolph_lundgren_as_he-man_from_masters_of_the_universe_available_in_4_sizes_framed_or_unframed_buy_now_at_starstills__90132__06810.1394491648.jpg

I mean, He-Man would certainly fit in some of Orlando’s social circles, but I’m not sure MOTU’s ever a good choice for the theme parks

I'm surprised that anyone is even talking of MoTU.

The only way I can see it, is if becomes a more sustainable franchise outside of a Netflix/DWA Television show. Honestly, it depends on how Sony handles Masters of The Universe, as that seems to be a project they are working on.

But as of now, I do not see it likely at all for Gate IV, and even then, gate V (4th Dry Park)

I'm surprised that anyone is even talking of MoTU.

The only way I can see it, is if becomes a more sustainable franchise outside of a Netflix/DWA Television show. Honestly, it depends on how Sony handles Masters of The Universe, as that seems to be a project they are working on.

It’s just not going to happen. I think people need to stop combing over any and every thing that is in the DreamWorks portfolio. Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, Trolls and HTTYD are the most likely candidates there. Anything else is seriously reaching

It’s just not going to happen. I think people need to stop combing over any and every thing that is in the DreamWorks portfolio. Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, Trolls and HTTYD are the most likely candidates there. Anything else is seriously reaching

Honestly, I'd exclude Madagascar but that's just me.

Trolls makes sense on a marketing standpoint, as similar to Hello Kitty and Mario, Trolls in general, are somewhat evergreen. Shrek makes sense on a marketing standpoint, as it was the first real DreamWorks Animation property that was successful. And for Dragons/Panda, both have stupid-large potential for proper themed entertainment presences, in their own unique ways.

Madagascar, doesn't seem to me as a property that'd be big enough at this point, unless if they give it a new film in the next few years.

Trolls makes sense on a marketing standpoint, as similar to Hello Kitty and Mario, Trolls in general, are somewhat evergreen. Shrek makes sense on a marketing standpoint, as it was the first real DreamWorks Animation property that was successful. And for Dragons/Panda, both have stupid-large potential for proper themed entertainment presences, in their own unique ways.

Madagascar, doesn't seem to me as a property that'd be big enough at this point, unless if they give it a new film in the next few years.

True, I just mention it because it theoretically could be a cheap thing to clone from singapore

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

The same could be said about Bourne. I think Madagascar could lead itself to a great land that would be different enough from anything else proposed to make it worthwhile.

I think it’s unlikely like you said but a great land is still a great land.

Status
Not open for further replies.