Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 212 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOTR is bigger than HTTYD and Zelda by a wide margin. If they had the opportunity to get it they should... I just don’t think they (or anyone) has gotten the opportunity
Yes, but they're already paying for the rights to have Zelda and they own HTTYD. Judging by the Amazon series, the asking price for park rights would likely be astronomical and not make much sense.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I doubt we’ll see anything Garry Goddard related in the parks for the foreseeable future...
Agreed.

This clip is all that remains in my memory of seeing the film when I was younger. It’s a terrible movie, but Gwildor saying “it tasted good” is burned into my memory.

The problem I see with LotR is they already have Potter, HTTYD, and Zelda. Do they really need another wizards/dragon IP?
Disney never seems to burn out on princess IPs. With so many IPs based on video games and animation going into the 3rd dry park it can use some live action IPs.

I'm convinced if a deal can be reached that all sides can live with then Lord of the Rings will be in the new park. I do recognize that could be a mighty big if.

FB and Cursed Child aren't included in Universal's original Harry Potter rights agreement. The original agreement only covers the 7 books and movies derived from them.

That doesn't mean the agreement can't be amended of course, but without an amendment, there's not going to be anything from FB or Cursed Child in the parks.
This is what I figured. They could have FB if they wanted. Don't think there's any chance or interest in cursed child at the moment. If movies were made it will be a different matter.

FB and Cursed Child aren't included in Universal's original Harry Potter rights agreement. The original agreement only covers the 7 books and movies derived from them.

That doesn't mean the agreement can't be amended of course, but without an amendment, there's not going to be anything from FB or Cursed Child in the parks.
AFAIK, Warner Bros is only a minority investor in Cursed Child, and doesn’t control the theme park rights. Uni would have to renegotiate directly with JKR’s reps.

I could see a sit-down version of Cursed Child at the South property. By the time that opens, Cursed Child will have been around for awhile and have done several tours around parts of the world. A sit-down production of the broadway show is a great way to bring Potter to the South resort without actually building Potter in the new park.

I could see a sit-down version of Cursed Child at the South property. By the time that opens, Cursed Child will have been around for awhile and have done several tours around parts of the world. A sit-down production of the broadway show is a great way to bring Potter to the South resort without actually building Potter in the new park.

The play in its entirety is 6 hours....part of the reason why its broken into two parts. I don't think they would want to bring that to Orlando for that specific reasoning as they would owe money if anything happened where people couldn't make another showing.

They have so many other shows that have produced that they would likely try first unless they decide to make an area with multiple play houses that also serves the community which if they go that route than sure, I can see them then bringing it as they would have diversity and a lot more than just Potter to advertise.

Reactions: SeventyOne
AFAIK, Warner Bros is only a minority investor in Cursed Child, and doesn’t control the theme park rights. Uni would have to renegotiate directly with JKR’s reps.

I recently read an analyst’s paper that was talking about WB. In it, it was mentioned that J.K. only granted WB rights around movies. The author mentioned how that gave J.K. the freedom to work different deals for things like plays based on her Wizardly Worlds.

Reactions: Skubersky
I mean I guess they could if it was like Bourne and Bond which are similar, but Star Trek and Bourne as so vastly different. Star Trek would need a complete tear down IMO to go there.

Reactions: tankart150
Status
Not open for further replies.