Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 213 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2 properties, and two properties only that I've heard are stone cold locks for Site B: Nintendo and DreamWorks. I've heard "Oh maybe Classic Monsters", "Oh maybe LOTR", etc. But Outside of Nintendo and DreamWorks, I wouldn't be holding my breath on anything.
:agree:

Universal has about another year they could still change their minds on any particular thing going into the new park if they really wanted to.

:agree:

Universal has about another year they could still change their minds on any particular thing going into the new park if they really wanted to.

I think they have a pretty good idea on what's gonna be built. I also think, for the most part, no one knows those plans. So far people have been pretty tight lipped on the whole thing

Not having Star Trek in the new park does make sense in a way. It seems like the park will be based on Kingdoms, and a sci-fi themed land just doesn't fit in with the rest of the rumored IP's.

EDIT: Just gonna post this here, for those of you wondering what DisneySea is like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S and Dhdhddh
Star Trek rights are complicated.

CBS owns the original series, the tv rights, and the merchandise rights overall. Viacom/Paramount has the film rights, but then contracts with CBS for the film merchandise rights to characters used.

Thus, CBS has to be involved in any deal that involves merchandise or the original series/tv series. Viacom/Paramount has to be involved if the movie look is used.

They would need to do a Galaxy edge kind of patchwork nonsense land for Star Trek. There are so many incarnation of the series they need to present non in particular and all of them in feeling and architecture. I for one would not like that. Also the thought of seeing overweight tourists in skin tight Star Trek uniforms and plastic ears would make it a year round HHN attraction.

Not having Star Trek in the new park does make sense in a way. It seems like the park will be based on Kingdoms, and a sci-fi themed land just doesn't fit in with the rest of the rumored IP's.

EDIT: Just gonna post this here, for those of you wondering what DisneySea is like.

I really hope the rumor of DisneySea being their benchmark for Site B is true. I really do. Then again, it’ll make certain areas of the current parks look dumpy in comparison like the rest of Animal Kingdom vs. DinoLand.

I really hope the rumor of DisneySea being their benchmark for Site B is true. I really do. Then again, it’ll make certain areas of the current parks look dumpy in comparison like the rest of Animal Kingdom vs. DinoLand.
It seems those areas are being rejuvenated before the new park goes online, which will help

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Marvel, Toon Lagoon, KidZone, and the front of USF are all getting redone? And replacements for Fear Factor, KidZone, and LC as well?
I understand your point, but KidZone did receive fresh coats of paint in recent months leading into the summer months, and is looking fantastic. If they're not tearing things down, at least they're doing a good job of upkeep.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Status
Not open for further replies.