Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
is greatwoods still building in Orlando?

I imagine their park is for hotel guest, but it might be a way to gauge interest for an indoor water park in Orlando.
I think you mean Great Wolf Lodge but the answer is "I think so". It was announced, back in 2015 and they bought about 50 acres near WDW but there hasn't been too much info. on it since. Great Wolf Lodge does not sell day passes however.

I think you mean Great Wolf Lodge but the answer is "I think so". It was announced, back in 2015 and they bought about 50 acres near WDW but there hasn't been too much info. on it since. Great Wolf Lodge does not sell day passes however.

yes, that is what I was thinking of. My mind must have been on concert venues as opposed to lodges.

I figured their parks were for their guest only...seems an odd concept (to me) for Orlando, but I figure one could still get an idea of how well an indoor water park could work in Orlando based on how well the lodge does there.

Sort of a personal wish, but I hope we get a coaster with amazing night rides through the woods/scenery (like Mystic Timbers and Beast at Kings Island). There's not a single coaster in Florida like that.

Normally, I'd say yes. But a lot of the ride will be indoors. I'm thinking of a completely outdoor ride that goes through the woods, maybe through the surrounding area. But it's mostly dark and foreboding. In other words, pure amazement.

To be honest, I respectfully disagree, considering how not only the first part of the attraction will begin outdoors, but quite a lot of the coaster is, outside of the obvious 3 buildings (Hut, Cave, Drop).

Outside of those three, it's pretty much seeming like an outdoor coaster.

Something I’d like to see if a hotel is built onto the park would be an infinity pool on the roof overlooking any firework show that they have.

It would be completely unique to the area and would make for create advertisements.

I know this is a doubtful possibility, but what about Edge of Tomorrow? The movie was awesome, it's getting a sequel in a few years, and could make for a really good attraction.

IMO, it hasn't been proven off of a franchise, and while I don't doubt the teams involved, it's far too early to speculate of anything for Edge of Tomorrow.
If we're giving an attraction to a Tom Cruise-led action movie/franchise, the obvious choice seems to be Mission Impossible, not Edge of Tomorrow. Other Live Action franchises that I think are worth talking about are James Bond, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Pacific Rim, Battlestar Galactica, etc.

I heavily believe that this new park will be highly reliant on Nintendo + Animated properties though. Pretty much all of Dreamworks is under-utilized right now in the parks.

Last edited:
If we're giving an attraction to a Tom Cruise-led action movie/franchise, the obvious choice seems to be Mission Impossible, not Edge of Tomorrow. Other Live Action franchises that I think are worth talking about are James Bond, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Pacific Rim, Battlestar Galactica, etc.

I heavily believe that this new park will be highly reliant on Nintendo + Animated properties though. Pretty much all of Dreamworks is under-utilized right now in the parks.

I agree with some of your points, but not all of them. For starters, I do not think we see James Bond or Battlestar Galactica in the new park at all. They wouldn't fit in with anything else. Same for Mission Impossible, because it would be hard to make that into an attraction. And I don't see Pacific Rim, either. The second film didn't make a lot at the box office and didn't get good reviews.

If they build a Sci-Fi area, I believe Godzilla is a shoo-in (although, they really need to change the release date for the second film. May is too crowded), and other possibilities include Star Trek, Pacific Rim (again, I don't believe it goes in), Splatoon (if it fits), Back to the Future, Metroid (depending on how well Prime 4 is received), Edge of Tomorrow, and, I hate to start the whole video game discussion again, but Halo (it's one of those franchises that isn't just a video game, and it's getting a live-action series next year).

I agree with some of your points, but not all of them. For starters, I do not think we see James Bond or Battlestar Galactica in the new park at all. They wouldn't fit in with anything else. Same for Mission Impossible, because it would be hard to make that into an attraction. And I don't see Pacific Rim, either. The second film didn't make a lot at the box office and didn't get good reviews.

If they build a Sci-Fi area, I believe Godzilla is a shoo-in (although, they really need to change the release date for the second film. May is too crowded), and other possibilities include Star Trek, Pacific Rim (again, I don't believe it goes in), Splatoon (if it fits), Back to the Future, Metroid (depending on how well Prime 4 is received), Edge of Tomorrow, and, I hate to start the whole video game discussion again, but Halo (it's one of those franchises that isn't just a video game, and it's getting a live-action series next year).

I feel like we need to be reminded that Bond was being seriously rumored for the T2 venue (with Bourne as the backup).

Pacific Rim failed making a mark as a franchise; Edge of Tomorrow isn't a tested franchise; and Halo isn't even releasing next year. It's going into production, sure; but that doesn't mean it's coming for Showtime next year.

Godzilla, Star Trek, BattleStar Galactica, and Doctor Who makes sense as potential IP's, for a few reasons.

In BSG's case, it has been an IP already applied with a thrill attraction that stands out rather well as opposed to Dragon Challenge when it comes to dueling coasters. Hell, it works rather nicely for that area; much like how Hulk works for MSHI.

Doctor Who and Star Trek have their audiences as-well, regardless if they aren't as strong; it'd still get people in, especially if tackled in a way that can be timeless without being dated. And Godzilla, while limited, can work if handled correctly. It's like Kong to where it's iconic, but is somewhat limited in what you can do, without it being somewhat non-sensical.

Just, that's how I see things

I feel like we need to be reminded that Bond was being seriously rumored for the T2 venue (with Bourne as the backup).

Well, yeah. I'm not saying it wouldn't make for a great attraction, just that it wouldn't fit in the new park. You would have to make an entirely new London section, and we already have that at USF. It wouldn't make sense.

Sorry I was late to the water park conversation, but just wanted to add that the original Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas pretty much has water coasters, rapids, some theme rides (one set to a jungle), wave pools, rafting, and water slides. It is an amazing park and always crowded. It was so good that they opened several other parks but they don't come anywhere close to the original.

Pacific Rim failed making a mark as a franchise; Edge of Tomorrow isn't a tested franchise; and Halo isn't even releasing next year. It's going into production, sure; but that doesn't mean it's coming for Showtime next year.

Godzilla, Star Trek, BattleStar Galactica, and Doctor Who makes sense as potential IP's, for a few reasons.

In BSG's case, it has been an IP already applied with a thrill attraction that stands out rather well as opposed to Dragon Challenge when it comes to dueling coasters. Hell, it works rather nicely for that area; much like how Hulk works for MSHI.

Doctor Who and Star Trek have their audiences as-well, regardless if they aren't as strong; it'd still get people in, especially if tackled in a way that can be timeless without being dated. And Godzilla, while limited, can work if handled correctly. It's like Kong to where it's iconic, but is somewhat limited in what you can do, without it being somewhat non-sensical.

Just, that's how I see things
I always forget about Godzilla

I always forget about Godzilla

Which, I find hilariously ironic; considering his size.

C5xL.gif

Well, yeah. I'm not saying it wouldn't make for a great attraction, just that it wouldn't fit in the new park. You would have to make an entirely new London section, and we already have that at USF. It wouldn't make sense.

Bond isn't exactly an IP that has to be landlocked to one location, like Bourne; it goes to a variety of places and locals that makes interesting possible angles for an attraction.

It's not where one's home is from, but where they go that could make for exciting and fun adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.