Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect SWL to be pushed back to an early 2020 for SWL with a mid-2020 launch for SNW.

I have a personal thought, on the potential showcase.

Would they potentially, as it would be one of the largest projects done in Orlando in years; have to do a preview center? I would assume so, as it is going to be on a dedicated theme park and new resort and entertainment offerings. I find it a fascinating question, as it would make sense.

I don't think there's a need for a physical preview center now days. You can create virtual videos and post them online and reach so many more people than those who would actually visit one.

Reactions: maroonmol
When I saw that, I was actually confused.

What will this mean?
I couldn't find an official pic of this online so I just pshopped it. The red takes it to Universal. The Green would be down to Destination Pkwy replacing tradeshow blvd. I'm not sure if they are going to go all the way or not. They have the right of way at tradeshow if they wanted to.

32990094553_2f4b188776_b.jpg

I wonder about all the amazing things they have designs for... things much like Nintendo which they plotted out long before they received the rights. LOTR must have some incredible blue sky designs and plots/designs for attractions. Beasts must be another that is an option for them. What else is out there that they might have plans for prior to acquisition of rights?

Each and every day, more designs are drawn and honed, massaged only to potentially be shelved for a myriad of reasons. I wonder how many actually know that they might be designing a project for a new park. Wild, hmmm?

Well, in partnerships that have been long term, anything Blumhouse owns is up for the theme park, everything owned by Boom Studios and IDW that they weren't licensed to make, they have over 168 animes that NBCuniversal owns as well as their partnerships with crunchyroll and funimation and 367 mangas which they have rights to, they have access to live action dreamworks and animated dreamworks. Also some producers of NBC shows produce other big name shows and movies and have gave those theme attraction rights to Universal (i.e how Universal got walking dead and AHS)

With all the excitement surrounding Nintendo, Potter expansion, Volcano Bay, and various other projects, I sometimes overlook the fact that in the near future we'll have an entirely brand new theme park. Very exciting times at Universal right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.