Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Budget-wise you can't pull Invincible off on TV, imo
Yeah just wondering what will be cut story wise. Tons of side stories with Robot, Alan, and others. Figure they go with the base Omni-Man/Vilturmite story first without a lot of filler. Maybe Oliver gets introduced.

Yeah just wondering what will be cut story wise. Tons of side stories with Robot, Alan, and others. Figure they go with the base Omni-Man/Vilturmite story first without a lot of filler. Maybe Oliver gets introduced.

Universal is all about franchise potential/long term ownership of all their new acquistions and projects so I think more so large scale film series with this being the first.

Also, there is rumours of Uni reviving Eureka with not just the TV series but with films as well.

After multiple days (49 days) of research, looking up rights, watching tons of shows, movies etc, I have previewed a good 65% of NBCUniversal properties and present you with the full speculation list for the 4th park of Universal properties. Some of these properties listed are still in development but were based after checking out the source material (i.e most the IPs they are making shows were graphic novels first).

These are properties potentially seen for 4th park with partnerships already in place with Universal broken down (the comprehensive list that can actually apply in theme parks ranging from character appearances, concepts, rides and shows):

DreamWorks Animation:
Antz, Bee Movie, Prince of Egypt & Joseph: King of Dreams, Road to El Dorado, Sinbad :popcorn:, Wallace and Gromit, Chicken Run, Shrek & Spinoffs, Monsters Vs. Aliens, How to train your dragon, Rise of the Guardians, Croods, Trolls, Trollhunters, Turbo, Home, The Boss Baby, Captain Underpants, Kong Fu Panda, Wizard of Once

DreamWorks Classic ( to include UPA, Harvey Entertainment/Famous Studio, Golden Books/Gold Key Comics, Big Idea Entertainment, Filmation, Woodland Animations, Tell-Tale Productions, Tribune Media Services, Bullwinkle Studio catalogues) :

Noddy, Voltron, Olivia, Where's Waldo, Felix The Cat, Gerald Mc Boing Boing, Mr Magoo, Fox and Crow, Dick Tracy, Casper & Friends, Richie Rich & Friends, Harvey superheroes (There are too many to list some of note are Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, and The Spirit) Blondie, Bunny, Hot Stuff, Chamber of Chills, Flash Gordon,Harvey Friends, Herman and Catnip, Honey Halfwitch, Lamb Chop's Playing Around, Charlie Horse, Space Family Robinson, Magnus Robot Fighter 4000 AD, The Phantom, Dell Comic Heroes, Gold Key Comic Heroes, Lassie, Sergaent Preston of the Yukon, The Mighty Hercules, King and Odie, The Hunter, Commander McBragg, Go Go Gophers, Klondike Kat, Tennessee Tuxedo and his tales, The beagles, Totter Turtle, Tale of the Wizard of Oz, Family Classics, Smokey The Bear, Jackson Five, Adventures of Pinnochio, The Osmonds, The Daydreamer, Mad Monster Party, The Relucant Dragon, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Friends, Santa Claus and Friends, Peter Cottontail, Veggie Tales, Gumby, Midnight Patrol in the Dream Zone aka Potswoth and Co, Dr Zitbag's Translyvania Pet Shop, Fat Albert, He-Man, She-Ra, Lavender Castle, The Forgotten Toys, Bill The Minder, The Spooks of Bottle Bay, Boo!, Tweenies, Titch, Katie and Orbie, General Mills Cereal Characters, Aesop and Son, Dudley Do Right, Sherman and Mr Peabody, Fractured fairy tales, George of the Jungle, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Super Chicken, Brenda Starr, Broomhilda, Little Orphan Annie, Conrad, Mother Goose and Grimm, Brewster Rockit: Space Guy! and more comic strips.

Universal Pictures:

Beethoven, Curious George, Fast and Furious, Doctor Doolittle, Mortal Engines, Crononauts, Universal Monsters, Egg and Spoon, Gears of War, God of War, Locke and Key, Red Queen, Space Race, Spirit Animals, The School of Good and Evil, The Umbrella Academy, Weird Science, Watch Dogs, Pitch Perfect, Woody Woodpecker, Monster High, Back To the Future, Jurassic Park, Moshi Monsters, Hitchcock films, Nanny McPhee, Hell Boy, The Simon Pegg/Edgar Wright Trilogy, The Producers, Riddick, Peter Pan, blue brothers, Twister, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Waterworld, Babe, Backdraft, Jaws, Dune, King of the Mountain, Metropolis, HP Lovecraft, Invincible, Big it On, Films of John Hughes, To Catch a Mockingbird, Crime of the Century (Time Travel Heist franchise), Out of Africa, Warrior Queen

Illumination Entertainment:

Sing, Despicable Me, Secret Life of Pets, Dr Seuss, Flanimals, Lockwood & Co, The Night Tourist

Universal Television:

Battlestar Galactica, The Good Place, Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew, Xena, Timeless, American Dreams, The Munsters, Knight Rider, Time Cop, Magnum PI, Miami Vice, Dr Who, Quantam Leap, The A-team, Oregon Trail, Night Gallery

Universal Cable Productions:

Bates Motel, The Magicians, Eureka, Metropolis, Warehouse 13, Channel Zero, Mythos, Wild Cards, A Brave New World, Umbrella Academy, Interworld, The Woods, Bushido, Sharknando, 12 monkeys, THE RAVEN CYCLE QUARTET

NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan (not including their musical acts):

Owari No Seraph, Black Bullet, Arslan Senki, Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis, Drifters, Beserk, Ao No Kanata No Four Rhythm, The Labyrinth of Grisaia: The Cocoon of Caprice, Norn9, Clockwork Planet, Astroboy, Starmyu, Bakumatsu Rock, Chobits, Sukiyaki Western Django, Hellsing, Tenchi Muyou, El Hazard series, High School of the Dead, Fate/Stay series, Black Lagoon Series, Toaru Majutsa No Index, Danganronpa: The Animation, Tokyo Ravens, A Lull in the Sea, Shakugan no Shana, Buso Renkin, Shigurui: Death Frenzy, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Armed Librarians: The Book of Bantorra, Tales of Symphonia series

Universal Pictures International:

Moon Lovers, Hero

Focus Features:

Scott Pilgrim, Moonrise Kingdom, 9, Baby Driver, Everest, Rush, O Brother Where art Thou?, Italian Job

Laika:

Coraline, Paranorman, Box Trolls, Kubo

Universal Animation Studios:

Balto, Land Before Time, Sherlock Homeboy, Tale of Despereaux, Exosquad, The Savage Dragon

Amblin Partners (including Amblin Entertainment, etc):

Ghost in the Shell, Ready Player One, ET, Gremlins, An American Tail, Zorro, Men in Black, Adventures of TinTin, Goonies, Men in Black, Galaxy Quest, Gladiator; Peppa The Pig, Haunting at Hill House

Nintendo (Nintendo fully owns or owns part of the IP) :

Animal Crossing, Brain Age, Chibi Robot, Legendary Starfy, Donkey Kong, Doshin the Giant, Earthbound/Mother, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Game and Watch, Golden Sun, Kid Icarus, Mario, Super Smash Bros, Kirby, Metroid, Pikmin, Pokemon, Zelda, Star Fox, Xenoblade, Wario, Bayonetta, Splatoon

Legendary:

Pacific Rim, Toho Monsters (Godzilla, etc), Warcraft, Mass Effect, Hot Wheels, Great Wall, Lost in Space, Dune

Universal Pictures Home Entertainment in partnership with many different companies:

Thomas the Train, R. L Stein, Death Race, Twin Peaks, Bob the builder, Attack on Titan, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Dragon Ball Z, Cowboy Bebop

Gkids (in Partnership with Universal):

Ernest and Celestine, Boy and the World, Patema Inverted, Tale of Princess Kaguya, Song of the Sea, April and the Extraordinary World, Phantom Boy, Zarafa, Summer Wars, The Secret of Kells, Nocturna, Welcome to the Space Show

Blumhouse:

Purge, Oculus, Paranormal Activity, Ouija, Five nights at Freddy's

IPs seen in Parks that could expand more:

Shonen Jump, Hello Kitty, Detective Conan, Death Note, Neon Envangelion Genesis, Godzilla, Yokai Watch, Dragon Quest, Harry Potter, Popeye, Betty Boop, Scooby Doo, Spongebob, More original content.

Edit: Added Haunting at Hill House to Amblin, The Raven Cycle Quartet to Universal Cable Productions, added Out of Africa, Night School and Warrior Queen to Universal Pictures.

Last edited:
After multiple days (49 days) of research, looking up rights, watching tons of shows, movies etc, I have previewed a good 65% of NBCUniversal properties and present you with the full speculation list for the 4th park of Universal properties. Some of these properties listed are still in development but were based after checking out the source material (i.e most the IPs they are making shows were graphic novels first).

These are properties potentially seen for 4th park with partnerships already in place with Universal broken down (the comprehensive list that can actually apply in theme parks ranging from character appearances, concepts, rides and shows):

DreamWorks Animation:
Antz, Bee Movie, Prince of Egypt & Joseph: King of Dreams, Road to El Dorado, Sinbad :popcorn:, Wallace and Gromit, Chicken Run, Shrek & Spinoffs, Monsters Vs. Aliens, How to train your dragon, Rise of the Guardians, Croods, Trolls, Trollhunters, Turbo, Home, The Boss Baby, Captain Underpants, Kong Fu Panda, Wizard of Once

DreamWorks Classic ( to include UPA, Harvey Entertainment/Famous Studio, Golden Books/Gold Key Comics, Big Idea Entertainment, Filmation, Woodland Animations, Tell-Tale Productions, Tribune Media Services, Bullwinkle Studio catalogues) :

Noddy, Voltron, Olivia, Where's Waldo, Felix The Cat, Gerald Mc Boing Boing, Mr Magoo, Fox and Crow, Dick Tracy, Casper & Friends, Richie Rich & Friends, Harvey superheroes (There are too many to list some of note are Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, and The Spirit) Blondie, Bunny, Hot Stuff, Chamber of Chills, Flash Gordon,Harvey Friends, Herman and Catnip, Honey Halfwitch, Lamb Chop's Playing Around, Charlie Horse, Space Family Robinson, Magnus Robot Fighter 4000 AD, The Phantom, Dell Comic Heroes, Gold Key Comic Heroes, Lassie, Sergaent Preston of the Yukon, The Mighty Hercules, King and Odie, The Hunter, Commander McBragg, Go Go Gophers, Klondike Kat, Tennessee Tuxedo and his tales, The beagles, Totter Turtle, Tale of the Wizard of Oz, Family Classics, Smokey The Bear, Jackson Five, Adventures of Pinnochio, The Osmonds, The Daydreamer, Mad Monster Party, The Relucant Dragon, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Friends, Santa Claus and Friends, Peter Cottontail, Veggie Tales, Gumby, Midnight Patrol in the Dream Zone aka Potswoth and Co, Dr Zitbag's Translyvania Pet Shop, Fat Albert, He-Man, She-Ra, Lavender Castle, The Forgotten Toys, Bill The Minder, The Spooks of Bottle Bay, Boo!, Tweenies, Titch, Katie and Orbie, General Mills Cereal Characters, Aesop and Son, Dudley Do Right, Sherman and Mr Peabody, Fractured fairy tales, George of the Jungle, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Super Chicken, Brenda Starr, Broomhilda, Little Orphan Annie, Conrad, Mother Goose and Grimm, Brewster Rockit: Space Guy! and more comic strips.

Universal Pictures:

Beethoven, Curious George, Fast and Furious, Doctor Doolittle, Mortal Engines, Crononauts, Universal Monsters, Egg and Spoon, Gears of War, God of War, Locke and Key, Red Queen, Space Race, Spirit Animals, The School of Good and Evil, The Umbrella Academy, Weird Science, Watch Dogs, Pitch Perfect, Woody Woodpecker, Monster High, Back To the Future, Jurassic Park, Moshi Monsters, Hitchcock films, Nanny McPhee, Hell Boy, The Simon Pegg/Edgar Wright Trilogy, The Producers, Riddick, Peter Pan, blue brothers, Twister, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Waterworld, Babe, Backdraft, Jaws, Dune, King of the Mountain, Metropolis, HP Lovecraft, Invincible, Big it On, Films of John Hughes, To Catch a Mockingbird

Illumination Entertainment:

Sing, Despicable Me, Secret Life of Pets, Dr Seuss, Flanimals, Lockwood & Co, The Night Tourist

Universal Television:

Battlestar Galactica, The Good Place, Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew, Xena, Timeless, American Dreams, The Munsters, Knight Rider, Time Cop, Magnum PI, Miami Vice, Dr Who, Quantam Leap, The A-team, Oregon Trail, Night Gallery

Universal Cable Productions:

Bates Motel, The Magicians, Eureka, Metropolis, Warehouse 13, Channel Zero, Mythos, Wild Cards, A Brave New World, Umbrella Academy, Interworld, The Woods, Bushido, Sharknando, 12 monkeys,

NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan (not including their musical acts):

Owari No Seraph, Black Bullet, Arslan Senki, Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis, Drifters, Beserk, Ao No Kanata No Four Rhythm, The Labyrinth of Grisaia: The Cocoon of Caprice, Norn9, Clockwork Planet, Astroboy, Starmyu, Bakumatsu Rock, Chobits, Sukiyaki Western Django, Hellsing, Tenchi Muyou, El Hazard series, High School of the Dead, Fate/Stay series, Black Lagoon Series, Toaru Majutsa No Index, Danganronpa: The Animation, Tokyo Ravens, A Lull in the Sea, Shakugan no Shana, Buso Renkin, Shigurui: Death Frenzy, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Armed Librarians: The Book of Bantorra, Tales of Symphonia series

Universal Pictures International:

Moon Lovers, Hero

Focus Features:

Scott Pilgrim, Moonrise Kingdom, 9, Baby Driver, Everest, Rush, O Brother Where art Thou?, Italian Job

Laika:

Coraline, Paranorman, Box Trolls, Kubo

Universal Animation Studios:

Balto, Land Before Time, Sherlock Homeboy, Tale of Despereaux, Exosquad, The Savage Dragon

Amblin Partners (including Amblin Entertainment, etc):

Ghost in the Shell, Ready Player One, ET, Gremlins, An American Tail, Zorro, Men in Black, Adventures of TinTin, Goonies, Men in Black, Galaxy Quest, Gladiator; Peppa The Pig

Nintendo (Nintendo fully owns or owns part of the IP) :

Animal Crossing, Brain Age, Chibi Robot, Legendary Starfy, Donkey Kong, Doshin the Giant, Earthbound/Mother, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Game and Watch, Golden Sun, Kid Icarus, Mario, Super Smash Bros, Kirby, Metroid, Pikmin, Pokemon, Zelda, Star Fox, Xenoblade, Wario, Bayonetta

Legendary:

Pacific Rim, Toho Monsters (Godzilla, etc), Warcraft, Mass Effect, Hot Wheels, Great Wall, Lost in Space, Dune

Universal Pictures Home Entertainment in partnership with many different companies:

Thomas the Train, R. L Stein, Death Race, Twin Peaks, Bob the builder, Attack on Titan, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Dragon Ball Z, Cowboy Bebop

Gkids (in Partnership with Universal):

Ernest and Celestine, Boy and the World, Patema Inverted, Tale of Princess Kaguya, Song of the Sea, April and the Extraordinary World, Phantom Boy, Zarafa, Summer Wars, The Secret of Kells, Nocturna, Welcome to the Space Show

Blumhouse:

Purge, Oculus, Paranormal Activity, Ouija, Five nights at Freddy's

IPs seen in Parks that could expand more:

Shonen Jump, Hello Kitty, Detective Conan, Death Note, Neon Envangelion Genesis, Godzilla, Yokai Watch, Dragon Quest, Harry Potter, Popeye, Betty Boop, Scooby Doo, Spongebob, More original content.
Bayonetta is owned by Sega. Nintendo only published the second game. If you're going to use a game like that that was exclusive to Wii U Wonderful 101 is the true option. Oh, and add Eternal Darkness in there just for HHN kicks.

Bayonetta is owned by Sega. Nintendo only published the second game. If you're going to use a game like that that was exclusive to Wii U Wonderful 101 is the true option. Oh, and add Eternal Darkness in there just for HHN kicks.

Nintendo owns some ancillary rights for Bayonetta which is why its was part of the list. They acquired those rights during Bayonetta 2. While Wonderful 101 and Eternal Darkness were exclusive to Nintendo. Nintendo has no ownership that I could find of either rights outside game production and selling of game system which is largely why they were not included. But I do appreciate you mentioning this because I realized I forgot to add Splatoon.

Out of that list, the ones I would like to see would be pretty much anything from Amblin, Captain Underpants, Laika and R.L. Stine (maybe as a kid friendly analog to Universal Monsters).

Nintendo owns some ancillary rights for Bayonetta which is why its was part of the list. They acquired those rights during Bayonetta 2. While Wonderful 101 and Eternal Darkness were exclusive to Nintendo. Nintendo has no ownership that I could find of either rights outside game production and selling of game system which is largely why they were not included. But I do appreciate you mentioning this because I realized I forgot to add Splatoon.
Bayonetta would be a great meet & greet :)

I'd love to see a Bill and Ted do the 80's (permanent) show! Battlestar Galactica, Xena, Knight Rider, Magnum PI, Miami Vice, Dr Who, Quantum Leap and The A-team did great worldwide. Give FearCrapter the boot!

The Boss Baby is killing it for the second week at the box office. There is a nice animated movie collection in the Dreamworks and Illumination portfolio to pull rides from for the next park.

I'd love to see a Bill and Ted do the 80's (permanent) show! Battlestar Galactica, Xena, Knight Rider, Magnum PI, Miami Vice, Dr Who, Quantum Leap and The A-team did great worldwide. Give FearCrapter the boot!

The Boss Baby is killing it for the second week at the box office. There is a nice animated movie collection in the Dreamworks and Illumination portfolio to pull rides from for the next park.
A whole 80s area would be fun...What if the park was themed to points in time? 20s, 30s, 80s, contemporary? IDK seems fun

The issue with age is things once cool and hip due to nostalgia also can be destroyed just like that (i.e Bill Cosby).
In what universe was The Bill Cosby Show "cool and hip?

Not sure about an 80's (or 70's/80's) land. Those ip's are fun but not worth a land in my opinion. A show would be great though. Despicable Me also has an 80's villain and Guardians of the Galaxy also features many hits from that era.

In what universe was The Bill Cosby Show "cool and hip?

Not sure about an 80's (or 70's/80's) land. Those ip's are fun but not worth a land in my opinion. A show would be great though. Despicable Me also has an 80's villain and Guardians of the Galaxy also features many hits from that era.

I like the idea of having a time changing land. Have the courtyard from BTTF and every 2 days or whatever, it changes from the 50s to the 80s to Structurally, the buildings stay the same but the signage changes, the food, merchandise swaps over, the actors in the street and so on.

I have always thought a mini type EPCOT/City Walk with different decades starting with the roaring 1920-1930's, 1940-1950's, 1960-1970, 1980-1990's 2000-present...could be a very fun experience. Imagine a bar/night club from each time period, music and dance halls, themed buildings, popular food's from each time period, themed stage shows, and a little museum on what life was like during those periods. Vintage products and gifts. Each street could be like your going forward in time, with car's parked on the street. Employee's wearing poodle skirts at a 50's style diner. Gaudy Aluminium Christmas trees decorated. There are a ton of possibilities if done correctly.

I have always thought a mini type EPCOT/City Walk with different decades starting with the roaring 1920-1930's, 1940-1950's, 1960-1970, 1980-1990's 2000-present...could be a very fun experience. Imagine a bar/night club from each time period, music and dance halls, themed buildings, popular food's from each time period, themed stage shows, and a little museum on what life was like during those periods. Vintage products and gifts. Each street could be like your going forward in time, with car's parked on the street. Employee's wearing poodle skirts at a 50's style diner. Gaudy Aluminium Christmas trees decorated. There are a ton of possibilities if done correctly.

Universal has explored this idea already...in hotel form. So possible
THE PARK FRONT HOTEL AT UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN®

Status
Not open for further replies.