Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 222 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Universal wanted to do the classic movie they would have to team up with Warner Bros. again. I just know people wouldn't probably care about the land if it was only based on Wicked. People would want to feel like they stepped on the movie sets. Also, it all really depends on Wicked success too. It will probably at least get some type of stage show in CityWalk or in the new park.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I’m sorry but this just doesn’t seem true to me. The first subject I want to address is, who here even thinks Oz is relevant anymore? Idk if it’s just me that thinks this but this would be a horrible idea. The Wizard of Oz replacing MSHI, let alone being at IOA just seems like a seriously unrealistic joke. Like, the Wizards of Oz...? Doesn’t this seem super foreign and weird to anyone. I still can’t rap my head around this. Oz has a place maybe in a park built in the 70’s *maybe, But IOA? No. Sorry to offend anyone who likes this Idea or Oz. I really just can’t comprehend this. Maybe it’s because I’m on the younger side but we’re in 2018. This would appeal to barley anyone, including kids.

I get what you're saying about Marvel, Marvel has more appeal to kids. It's one of those things if they make a land-based off the 1939 film adults will love, if they add some touches from Wicked teens will love it. For kids its merely just seeing a magical land, whether they know anything or not about it. Plus it's a classic movie everyone should see, it did make movie history. I have a cousin and I showed him the movie and he loves it, he's only seven. The Wizard of Oz would work for a theme park land very well. From Munchkinland to the yellow brick road to the Emerald City to the Haunted Forest where the Witches Castle sits. Plus it also allows for a really cool meet and greets as you follow the yellow brick road.

Reactions: SukaVayne73
I’m sorry but this just doesn’t seem true to me. The first subject I want to address is, who here even thinks Oz is relevant anymore? Idk if it’s just me that thinks this but this would be a horrible idea. The Wizard of Oz replacing MSHI, let alone being at IOA just seems like a seriously unrealistic joke. Like, the Wizards of Oz...? Doesn’t this seem super foreign and weird to anyone. I still can’t rap my head around this. Oz has a place maybe in a park built in the 70’s *maybe, But IOA? No. Sorry to offend anyone who likes this Idea or Oz. I really just can’t comprehend this. Maybe it’s because I’m on the younger side but we’re in 2018. This would appeal to barley anyone, including kids.

I remember this rumour when it first appeared and it was a bad idea then.

Wicked has been a massive success and I have no doubts that the movie will be as well when it's released and it will bring the IP back to popularity. I'd rather have a show in CityWalk 2.0 than a land though.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Tolkein finished the Hobbit by 1932. 1900 for Oz. Shellys Frankenstein 1818.

Last edited:
Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I get what you're saying about Marvel, Marvel has more appeal to kids. It's one of those things if they make a land-based off the 1939 film adults will love, if they add some touches from Wicked teens will love it. For kids its merely just seeing a magical land, whether they know anything or not about it. Plus it's a classic movie everyone should see, it did make movie history. I have a cousin and I showed him the movie and he loves it, he's only seven. The Wizard of Oz would work for a theme park land very well. From Munchkinland to the yellow brick road to the Emerald City to the Haunted Forest where the Witches Castle sits. Plus it also allows for a really cool meet and greets as you follow the yellow brick road.

I remember this rumour when it first appeared and it was a bad idea then.

Wicked has been a massive success and I have no doubts that the movie will be as well when it's released and it will bring the IP back to popularity. I'd rather have a show in CityWalk 2.0 than a land though.

I get the appeal. Probably more from wicked than from the original, but a land IMO seems a little over the top for me. A show would make much better sense in City Walk and or one of the studios. I could really see the appeal in a large wicked bill board atop on one of the sound stages by City Walk. But the fantasy sense could be achieved with another more popular IP.

Expressing my inner nerd:
Dorothy's house has just landed, walk the path and see the debris. Peak in the windows and see the recked out. Turn the corner, we must be over the rainbow. The town of Munchkinland is full of shops and shows. Watch the Munchkins celebrate the death of Wicked Witch of The East. Follow the yellow brick road and meet some familiar people. Stop at the Tin Man's cottage to take advantage of the local apple orchard but watch out for the fighting trees. Continue down the yellow brick road and watch for Lions, Tigers, and Bears Oh my! the forest opens up and you see the Emerald City, smell the poppies and go through the emerald gates. From shopping to fine dining, to a ride on the Wizards latest invention. Fly over Oz just hope there's no Monkey business. Take the off beaten path to the Haunted Forest. Dorothy has been captured and we must go into the Witches Castle to save her. Walk through the forest and encounter new and familiar faces and creatures. Sneak into the castle and prepare for self for a soaking adventure through the castle.

Summary of what the land would contain.

Reactions: Ridgepole
At the time the Broadway show was very successful and Universal thought enough of it to want to do a movie.

This was just an emergency Back-up Plan. It was likely the fastest thing they could replace MSHI with.

I seriously doubt it would happen now, though I could see an attraction being done or a Wicked show at one of the parks.

Expressing my inner nerd:
Dorothy's house has just landed, walk the path and see the debris. Peak in the windows and see the recked out. Turn the corner, we must be over the rainbow. The town of Munchkinland is full of shops and shows. Watch the Munchkins celebrate the death of Wicked Witch of The East. Follow the yellow brick road and meet some familiar people. Stop at the Tin Man's cottage to take advantage of the local apple orchard but watch out for the fighting trees. Continue down the yellow brick road and watch for Lions, Tigers, and Bears Oh my! the forest opens up and you see the Emerald City, smell the poppies and go through the emerald gates. From shopping to fine dining, to a ride on the Wizards latest invention. Fly over Oz just hope there's no Monkey business. Take the off beaten path to the Haunted Forest. Dorothy has been captured and we must go into the Witches Castle to save her. Walk through the forest and encounter new and familiar faces and creatures. Sneak into the castle and prepare for self for a soaking adventure through the castle.

Summary of what the land would contain.
Where is all the room in MSHI for all of this?:think:

I've heard that the Oz portion of the The Great Movie Ride was very popular for special events and weddings. It was booked full 18 months in advance.

An attraction built with this in mind at the 3rd dry park could be a big moneymaker for UO. It could be far more profitable than an attraction that sold a lot of merchandise.

Goddard tried to get Oz of the ground. As you can see from the artwork it was very low key and small but the costumes really hit home.
1234708_10151843153594333_325715323_n.jpg~original

328521_b2f700f332.jpg

Goddard tried to get Oz of the ground. As you can see from the artwork it was very low key and small but the costumes really hit home.
1234708_10151843153594333_325715323_n.jpg~original

328521_b2f700f332.jpg

Who says that big steel coasters can't be beautiful? That coaster concept is incredible.

I apologise if this seems offensive and I really don't mean it to be but a Wizard of Oz land could be a huge hit with gay days at Universal.

I'm telling you all this could be a big hit for Universal if Warner Bros lets them do it. Right up there with Harry Potter and Nintendo

I'm telling you all this could be a big hit for Universal if Warner Bros lets them do it. Right up there with Harry Potter and Nintendo
It won't. A Wicked show, sure but not a themed land. It's old and not relevant. If Universal wanted something not relevant and old they would do Jaws or Back to the Future (their own ip's) but I don't hold my breath for that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.