Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permit bit on twitter just linked to a new filing called ‘Fantastic Worlds’...

Trademark Status & Document Retrieval

(Reposted in The Resort Expansion Thread for discussion there, as suggested below) :)
newt-scamander-gif.gif

Color me interested, very interested, as that can go one way or another really quick..

Please don't tell me i'm the only one who hates the name "Fantastic Worlds", and does anyone else think "Universal Horizon's Theme Park" a good name? I've been thinking of names all day...

Universal's World of Motion?
Universal's CommuniCore?
Universal's Off Kilter?

I don't hate "Horizons," but extinct Epcot attractions were my first thought.
Ha, I was thinking the same thing! Other ideas using horizons, "Universal's Infinite/Wonderous/Fantastic Horizon's". Something bout horizons sounds good to me. I like that it is not as limiting.

Just going to post this here, please ignore the guy shouting profanities on the lift hill :lmao:

If I was Universal, I would give this ride a red color scheme, theme it to Dracula, and put it inside a land based on the Classic Monsters. It's a great coaster, but it wasn't put in a good spot at USJ, as the land wasn't built to handle a large coaster. Plus, it costs less to clone a coaster.

You could possibly put portions of the ride inside an enclosed structure (Castle?), especially the last helix and inline twist (Heartline twist? Idk what it's called). Put it at the very edge of the land, as to avoid any obstruction of theming.

And yes, I do know that Manta is located less than a mile away. But why should that matter? Universal might build two Intamin launch coasters in the same park, and the majority of Universal guests won't ever go to Seaworld.

Allow me to be blunt, I would hope to god Universal doesn't do an attraction like Flying Dinosaur for Gate 4.

They have better options if they sincerely wanted to do a thrill coaster, and this, I just think would look extremely out of place for Universal, especially if they go in the direction of high immersion.

Allow me to be blunt, I would hope to god Universal doesn't do an attraction like Flying Dinosaur for Gate 4.

They have better options if they sincerely wanted to do a thrill coaster, and this, I just think would look extremely out of place for Universal, especially if they go in the direction of high immersion.

And they'll do that for the other three coasters in the park. I get that we want super-high immersion in the new park, but there's going to be oddities in some areas. For example, while Volcano Bay is immersive everywhere else, the fast river under the volcano is extremely bad.

Universal doesn't have the money that Disney has, and they're going to need to save some money for other areas in the park. I'd rather them use that money on Dreamworks or SNW than a thrill coaster.

Please don't tell me i'm the only one who hates the name "Fantastic Worlds", and does anyone else think "Universal Horizon's Theme Park" a good name? I've been thinking of names all day...
I love it..its fine.

Last edited:
Universal doesn't have the money that Disney has, and they're going to need to save some money for other areas in the park. I'd rather them use that money on Dreamworks or SNW than a thrill coaster.

Considering the amount of money that they are already putting into Beijing, being higher than Disneys, I wouldn't rule out Universal having the money needed for something at an immersive level to the likings of Tokyo DisneySea or a Park-wide Diagon in the level of detail and care.

Considering the amount of money that they are already putting into Beijing, being higher than Disneys, I wouldn't rule out Universal having the money needed for something at an immersive level to the likings of Tokyo DisneySea or a Park-wide Diagon in the level of detail and care.

Isn't Beijing also getting financial help from the local government?

And they'll do that for the other three coasters in the park. I get that we want super-high immersion in the new park, but there's going to be oddities in some areas. For example, while Volcano Bay is immersive everywhere else, the fast river under the volcano is extremely bad.

Comcast makes way more in a year in profit than Disney does...they can afford it if they so wish.

A coaster is a drop in the bucket, Has been for a while. And please dont tell me that you think they chose to leave that one section under the fast river the way it is for budget???

Just going to post this here, please ignore the guy shouting profanities on the lift hill :lmao:

If I was Universal, I would give this ride a red color scheme, theme it to Dracula, and put it inside a land based on the Classic Monsters. It's a great coaster, but it wasn't put in a good spot at USJ, as the land wasn't built to handle a large coaster. Plus, it costs less to clone a coaster.

You could possibly put portions of the ride inside an enclosed structure (Castle?), especially the last helix and inline twist (Heartline twist? Idk what it's called). Put it at the very edge of the land, as to avoid any obstruction of theming.

And yes, I do know that Manta is located less than a mile away. But why should that matter? Universal might build two Intamin launch coasters in the same park, and the majority of Universal guests won't ever go to Seaworld.
I would absolutely love a somewhat-themed Manta in Gate 4, that ride is stunning.

Haven’t been on here in awhile. Trying to save for multiple trips and don’t want to get tempted to go since I found out Universal offers their Florida residents deal to Georgia residents.

Trying to catch up.
So Nintendo has been rumored to be moved to the new park? 2022-2023 is the target date? I would love that since I’m planning an Asian theme park trip of attending all Asian Universal and Disney parks in 2020 during the Olympics. At least the setback gives me a few years to recover because I’ll be spending like crazy.

It sucks to wait 2-3 more years but I would rather have them do it right. Especially since so many hyped rides have been disappointing lately.

Can’t wsit to see what other IPs are apart of 4th gate.

Hoping to get a Test Track like F&F ride and Simpsons dark ride but I know that won’t happen.

Last edited:
Haven’t been on here in awhile. Trying to save for multiple trips and don’t want to get tempted to go since I found out Universal offers their Florida residents deal to Georgia residents.

Trying to catch up.
So Nintendo has been rumored to be moved to the new park? 2022-2023 is the target date? I would love that since I’m planning an Asian theme park trip of attending all Asian Universal and Disney parks in 2020 during the Olympics. At least the setback gives me a few years to recover because I’ll be spending like crazy.

It sucks to wait 2-3 more years but I would rather have them do it right. Especially since so many hyped rides have been disappointing lately.

Can’t wsit to see what other IPs are apart of 4th gate.

Hoping to get a Test Track like F&F ride and Simpsons dark ride but I know that won’t happen.
That’s awesome bc I’m leaving in a few months to Savannah Georgia for college and I was really hoping to still go back annually to the parks.

Anyone else think that another reason why they moved Nintendo to the new park is to somewhat delay it because they want to loosely base the lands/attractions off of the new films they are making with Nintendo? Not that these characters will be a whole lot different than their predecessors in the games, but maybe they'll keep them in the same style as the movies. If it were true, I think this would be a good idea to familiarize some with the IP better and spark more public interest (Not that there isn't a lot already).

1. Detective Pikachu 2019
2. Mario Rumored For 2020
3. Sequels to the 2 movies 2022-2024? (Coincides with the anticipated opening of the park)

P.S.
If they could work out a deal with Paramount (They have already with Transformers), Sonic is getting his own movie in 2019 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.