Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 226 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think that another reason why they moved Nintendo to the new park is to somewhat delay it because they want to loosely base the lands/attractions off of the new films they are making with Nintendo? Not that these characters will be a whole lot different than their predecessors in the games, but maybe they'll keep them in the same style as the movies. If it were true, I think this would be a good idea to familiarize some with the IP better and spark more public interest (Not that there isn't a lot already).

1. Detective Pikachu 2019
2. Mario Rumored For 2020
3. Sequels to the 2 movies 2022-2024? (Coincides with the anticipated opening of the park)

P.S.
If they could work out a deal with Paramount (They have already with Transformers), Sonic is getting his own movie in 2019 as well.
No chance as that would make ours drastically different from Japan’s.

Reactions: DrakeParker
Anyone else think that another reason why they moved Nintendo to the new park is to somewhat delay it because they want to loosely base the lands/attractions off of the new films they are making with Nintendo? Not that these characters will be a whole lot different than their predecessors in the games, but maybe they'll keep them in the same style as the movies. If it were true, I think this would be a good idea to familiarize some with the IP better and spark more public interest (Not that there isn't a lot already).

3. Sequels to the 2 movies 2022-2024? (Coincides with the anticipated opening of the park)

P.S.
If they could work out a deal with Paramount (They have already with Transformers), Sonic is getting his own movie in 2019 as well.
I was just thinking today, yeah they have nintendo but maybe they dont have enough??

P.S.

For now, do not expect the Nintendo films to have an effect across the main three in development, Orlando/Osaka/Hollywood.

Odds are, they just wanted to have Nintendo headline Gate IV, which makes sense when you consider the fat plumber.

No chance as that would make ours drastically different from Japan’s.

Was thinking that may be a factor...but I would never say never. Illumination and Universal Pictures may be working alongside Universal Creative to keep a similar style in the production of both the ride and the movie. I'm not saying these rides will be based off the story of the movies but instead just to be in the same style, to create some uniformity. I think it would kind of be awkward if we have a Mario in a ride that looks different than a Mario in a hit movie that is going to spawn sequels for who knows how long.

Was thinking that may be a factor...but I would never say never. Illumination and Universal Pictures may be working alongside Universal Creative to keep a similar style in the production of both the ride and the movie. I'm not saying these rides will be based off the story of the movies but instead just to be in the same style, to create some uniformity. I think it would kind of be awkward if we have a Mario in a ride that looks different than a Mario in a hit movie that is going to spawn sequels for who knows how long.

Just because Nintendo and Illumination are working on a film Mario-oriented film, it doesn't mean that they are deep into pre production.

That said, both UC and Nintendo are on different intervals of time, as UC and Nintendo have been working together on the SNW projects since 2015 (and even before that, if you count the pitches), meanwhile, we only got existence of the Illumination/Nintendo last November.

I would imagine that while they are working on Mario, it isn't as a priority as per say, Pets 2 and Grinch, due to time frames of development. And that, I would imagine that Illumination is working closely with Nintendo Execs to ensure that whatever is being worked on, is as faithful as it can be.

But to bring it back to SNW, I would expect to be not see any form of a presence of the Illumination project (or the Legendary Pokemon projects) for SNW.

You do know that Comcast owner of Universal Parks and Resorts is larger and worth more than Walt Disney Corporations. Look at there assets, equity, or even worth period. They just outbid Disney in cash 65 billion to 52 billion (Disney in stock) while Simultaneously outbidding Fox for Sky with a 31 billion dollar bid more than 16 percent over fox. They have the money and they enjoy using it. They see there parks as a future cash cow and will invest what it takes. And as for those saying “well they are getting help with their Beijing Park”, yeah so did Disney with Shanghai it’s not actually a choice for the operators be it disney, universal or a production company looking to use China for a shoot the Chinese government makes it a requirement for their involvement in the operations, financing and revenue sharing.

Uh, and Woodpecker.

Eh, bit of a different situation. That's not really big.

At the current park which already has them. I’m saying this park should be different. The coasters there need to be more new HP/Everest and less Hulk.

I think you're still gonna end up with a coaster or two like Hulk/new JP project. Every Universal park has at least one.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Status
Not open for further replies.