Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I’m still hoping Universal renegotiates with WB for LOITR. I think that would be a HUGE draw and cement the new park having good attendance alongside with SNW. Original lands would be awesome however with IPs ever so increasing their presence maybe only the names of the areas would be unique.

For example instead of calling it a Dreamworks land how about something like Fantasy Adventure. Also Uni needs to look to other studios for possible new content like Lionsgate, Columbia and Paramount.

With UOR already going into money saving mode, I would rather use less big IPs with fantastic attractions than big IPs with mediocre attractions that get things cut after budgets get sliced bec

They could pull a Pirates of the Caribbean/Jungle Cruise, where they build an original attraction that becomes a movie somewhere down the line.

But, that being said, Classic Monsters is probably the closest we’ll have to an original land. And that might not come at all.
Here's the thing: I don't think we would actually like an original attraction from Universal as much as some want to see them build one.

Universal doesn't do storytelling well. Disney (at least in the MK parks and TDS, historically has) which is why things like Pirates, HM, Country Bear Jamboree, Jungle Cruise and even Tomorrowland were able to be translate into movies. I mean, look at Sindbad (IOA) vs. Sindbad (TDS). It's not even a competition. Poseidon's Fury isn't much better... it's always been known for it's cool effects such as the water tunnel, but other than that it's nothing much to write home about. I liken PF to a slightly cooler version of Enchanted Tales w/Belle.

Now, to be fair, most of the films of even their most successful franchise (Pirates) have sucked, but they still bring in big money and a 6th and final installment is on the way. Haunted Mansion was bad, but with the right direction, the attraction could translate easily. It's too bad we'll never get to see that Guillermo Del Toro reboot.

Last edited:
What about some sort of transportation system that takes you to different places around the park? Imagine a mix of the train from DisneySea and Hogwarts Express, or a boat ride similar to Jungle Cruise with actual stops.
I was thinking run the boat all the way around the park like the MK Train. Having stops at each land.

DAK tried something like that back when the park opened and guests were bored to tears and annoyed at how many different stops there were from what i've heard.
Yeah, I remembered that. And IOAs boats also. That is why I decided it was a bad idea. Haha.

People love the boats from the resorts, not so much in the parks.

Yea. TDS has a boat transport ride and it works just fine
The Japanese are a much different (and better) theme park visitor.

This is the leading theory, but it is still just a theory...

An example configuration could be Mushroom Kingdom/Donkey Kong Country in the new 4th gate, Pokemon taking over KidZone at USF, and Zelda taking over Lost Continent at IOA. Just an example though. No one know for sure what is going to happen at this point. And it is all rumor or speculation as to what will go where.
I just missed the height of the Pokémon craze by a couple years growing up (I’m 35). So knew nothing about it outside of Pikachu (didn’t even know there were pokeballs). So Pokemon go also had to interest to me, but I recognize it’s insane popularity.

Well, my oldest is now totally Pokemon obsessed, so through osmosis, I know all about it now and am aware of what Pokemon go looks like on a phone. I was shocked with how many people (adults) were playing Pokemon during my 2 weeks at disney and Universal. There wasn’t a single bus ride, boat ride or monorail ride that I didn’t see someone playing. And many lines had people catching or spinning pokestops in them.

This thing has been around and incredibly popular over 20 years. It’s going to print money and be incredibly successful. The second they decided they weren’t doing Mushroom in KZ, they should have rushed to fit Pokemon in there. Even if it comes out before SNW- it should happen ASAP. Of course, there’s no rush as the IP isn’t going anywhere- but I’d figure they’d want to make money selling merch instead of having curious George, feifel and Barney sit there selling absolutely nothing and eating minimal crowds.

The Japanese are a much different (and better) theme park visitor.

Eh. I think the DAK ride was an issue because there was nothing to do in the park. I could be wrong, but the IoA one was never plagued with long lines, it was just cut because of budget in the lean years.

I don't think there will be a boat transport ride in Park 3, but I don't think it's an untenable concept in Orlando.

I just missed the height of the Pokémon craze by a couple years growing up (I’m 35). So knew nothing about it outside of Pikachu (didn’t even know there were pokeballs). So Pokemon go also had to interest to me, but I recognize it’s insane popularity.

Well, my oldest is now totally Pokemon obsessed, so through osmosis, I know all about it now and am aware of what Pokemon go looks like on a phone. I was shocked with how many people (adults) were playing Pokemon during my 2 weeks at disney and Universal. There wasn’t a single bus ride, boat ride or monorail ride that I didn’t see someone playing. And many lines had people catching or spinning pokestops in them.

This thing has been around and incredibly popular over 20 years. It’s going to print money and be incredibly successful. The second they decided they weren’t doing Mushroom in KZ, they should have rushed to fit Pokemon in there. Even if it comes out before SNW- it should happen ASAP. Of course, there’s no rush as the IP isn’t going anywhere- but I’d figure they’d want to make money selling merch instead of having curious George, feifel and Barney sit there selling absolutely nothing and eating minimal crowds.

I think it's probably an issue with Nintendo. The company is notoriously picky, and I'm guessing the design process is just something they're not going to rush.

Personally, if I was Uni, I'd try and open Park 3 with Mario, USF with Pokemon, and IoA with Zelda all around the same time to ensure the Nintendo fans are buying at least 3 days worth of tickets.

I think it's probably an issue with Nintendo. The company is notoriously picky, and I'm guessing the design process is just something they're not going to rush.

Personally, if I was Uni, I'd try and open Park 3 with Mario, USF with Pokemon, and IoA with Zelda all around the same time to ensure the Nintendo fans are buying at least 3 days worth of tickets.
We’re not so different, you and I.

Sindbad is closing. Now we just need Poseidon’s Fury and KidZone to join it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.