Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to repeat myself but I still question why did'nt Universal wait to create an all new version of Kong when the 2017 film came out before the attraction opened in the previous year? I mean Reign Of Kong has lots of high expectations. The fans I am sure didn't expect all of the projected screens to be the main part of the attraction along with 3d glasses used throughout the whole entire ride. I know this ride was based on Universal's 2005 film but the timing was a little off don't you think? Kong: Skull Island was a WB/Legendary film and Uni has partnered with Potter. So why not expanded Universal's relationship with WB and use other WB properties in their park instead of only Harry Potter? Just a suggestion. If my point doesn't make any sense just let me know. I just think Universal should've waited on creating the MonsterVerse along with Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, in their possible third or fourth gate. Plus you have the skull crawlers in Kong, new tribe people from skull island. I am by no means dissing skull island but the timing once again is a little off. I think Uni should have brought in Kong from 2005 years ago before the 2016 opening. Putting in more Kong isn't likely but just a thought. When we are having a another flick coming out called King Kong vs Godzilla in 2020. Why not plan on making a themed area around that in a future park that's all I'm saying. I know it has to do with rights. By the way Fantastic Beasts is more Harry potter too and will be part of the new park. That is another WB title.

Last edited:
Frustrates me too, but I understand why they do it and why fans despise it. Disney can get away with releasing concept art 2-3/even more years ahead because people will visit Disney either way because they have “more” to do.

I just hope UNI never gets to the point where they feel the need to have a press conference because they are adding bench seating somewhere!

I don't mean to repeat myself but I still question why did'nt Universal wait to create an all new version of Kong when the 2017 film came out before the attraction opened in the previous year? I mean Reign Of Kong has lots of high expectations. The fans I am sure didn't expect all of the projected screens to be the main part of the attraction along with 3d glasses used throughout the whole entire ride. I know this ride was based on Universal's 2005 film but the timing was a little off don't you think? Kong: Skull Island was a WB/Legendary film and Uni has partnered with Potter. So why not expanded Universal's relationship with WB and use other WB properties in their park instead of only Harry Potter? Just a suggestion. If my point doesn't make any sense just let me know. I just think Universal should've waited on creating the MonsterVerse along with Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, in their possible third or fourth gate. Plus you have the skull crawlers in Kong, new tribe people from skull island. I am by no means dissing skull island but the timing once again is a little off. I think Uni should have brought in Kong from 2005 years ago before the 2016 opening. Putting in more Kong isn't likely but just a thought. When we are having a another flick coming out called King Kong vs Godzilla in 2020. Why not plan on making a themed area around that in a future park that's all I'm saying. I know it has to do with rights. By the way Fantastic Beasts is more Harry potter too and will be part of the new park. That is another WB title.

1: There were indications early in the rumor mill of Kong at IOA being possibly connected to the 2017 film..until things changed.

2: Reign of Kong isn't directly based off of the 2005 King Kong film. While it used elements (V-Rex, Bat's, Tribe, Carncitis, environments), sure; it was a changed ape from the version of the 2005 Jackson film, and the 2010 Universal Hollywood Tour animation.

That said, one could argue it's a prequel to the 2005 film, more because of the elements. But that still puts it far from being a retread of the remake.

3: Kong: Skull Island was not originally at Warner Bros, as Universal was the first in the bed. But then Legendary Pictures changed gears, and went back to Warner Bros with the emphasis of connecting it to Godzilla.

4: Potter came as part of a race that both TWDC & Universal were on, with Disney losing the race.

5: Fantastic Beasts is still Potter, and is not as simple as saying it's "another WB title".

Please let this be good and successful enough to get a land in park 3 (I know it’s unrealistic but a guy can dream)

Off-tangit, holy crap so this is what Viacom & Paramount meant by allowing outer parties.

Back to form, the world of Avatar & Korra makes complete sense for theme park form, just the same is it makes sense for live action. There are a lot of ways they can do this right, and I'd be totally up to see Universal Creative take a crack at the world.

Off-tangit, holy crap so this is what Viacom & Paramount meant by allowing outer parties.

Back to form, the world of Avatar & Korra makes complete sense for theme park form, just the same is it makes sense for live action. There are a lot of ways they can do this right, and I'd be totally up to see Universal Creative take a crack at the world.

Yea, I don't think it *will* happen, but man it could be an all-time great land.

Avatar is too niche...Dragon Ball is even more popular in the US than the last airbender and I got called out for that one....Just stick to spongebob

jDFZOwv.png

(Of note: I have been the biggest proponent of anime style properties going into the park because I think they can translate well and currently just being salty.)

WHY IS THIS BECOMING A THING? LEAVE AVATAR ALONE!

I'm all up for it, considering Netflix breaking the mold on video game adaptations with Castlevania & with the original creators coming on as showrunners.

Netflix has always been my choice for Avatar, if they would've gone back to a live action format; as it should give them the space to do the show proper and with justice.

Yea, I don't think it *will* happen, but man it could be an all-time great land.

Neither do I, but I do think it's a great sign of Nickelodeon's viewpoint on the digital market (not counting NickSplat on VRV).

Avatar is too niche...Dragon Ball is even more popular in the US than the last airbender and I got called out for that one

jDFZOwv.png

DragonBall is also a Fox IP for distribution, sooo....

Please let this be good and successful enough to get a land in park 3 (I know it’s unrealistic but a guy can dream)

Honestly I would be in support of this. One of my all time favorite tv series from childhood represented at a theme park sounds amazing.

Well im hoping Godzilla could fit in quite nicely in a fourth gate even if the new Kong from last year doesn't pop up in a fourth gate but you have all of the other new monsters from the new Godzilla movie you can bring in. I wonder what will happen in Kong vs Godzilla whoever wins we will see more of and maybe see in a park. Legendary Worlds and Legendary Lands were actually name choices for a fourth gate along with fantastic worlds-epic universe-and Dreampark. So those two legendary options could fit in quite nicely even as a land.

Status
Not open for further replies.