Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 357 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scale, quality of theming, ride quality, and interactivity. It’s supposed to be a whole theme park at Wizarding World-level of greatness.
Just kinda bumming myself here that we might not get something original here that haven't already been debuted somewhere else in the world. Sure it might be bigger and better, but we deserve at least one original world. Fantastic Beasts....?? Ugh, sigh. Potter.

Just kinda bumming myself here that we might not get something original here that haven't already been debuted somewhere else in the world. Sure it might be bigger and better, but we deserve at least one original world. Fantastic Beasts....?? Ugh, sigh. Potter.

An IP will always have the same amount of attendance impact, merchandise sales, and ride opportunities as a original land will, if not more so. Universal’s last attempt at an original land didn’t go so well, and there hasn’t been an original land built at WDW or UOR in a very long time.

It’s also very likely that we’ll see an original central hub, with an original icon, original shops and restaurants, possibly even an original show or ride. So we’ll still see something of that nature, and it’ll be front and center. But it won’t be an original world on its own.

Reactions: HPFred

What do you mean by original? As in not based off an IP or rides not seen elsewhere? It will almost certainly have the latter

That’s Beijing and no that was not going to have Nintendo.

I thought there maybe would have been an expansion pad for it in the future unless they’re planning to build that second park sooner rather than later.

The Transformers coaster is a clone of Hulk I noticed.

What do you mean by original? As in not based off an IP or rides not seen elsewhere? It will almost certainly have the latter

Sorry, to clarify, original as in not seen in any other park yet. Seems like Fantasic Beasts would he the only "world" being premiered at FW. I have faith in Universal Creative that they will make a fantastic looking park, but I would hope that they would make FW have something that no other park has already.

Sorry, to clarify, original as in not seen in any other park yet. Seems like Fantasic Beasts would he the only "world" being premiered at FW. I have faith in Universal Creative that they will make a fantastic looking park, but I would hope that they would make FW have something that no other park has already.

You’ll for sure see things not seen in any other park, and not just Fantastic Beasts

Have any of you not seen Kong: Skull Island? I know it may seem stupid to bring back a character that's in one Universal park and bring him back to another newer park. But this MonsterVerse has alot of potential in my opinion to be in a all legendary themed area. If Warner Bros decides to join forces with Universal. Look at all the other monsters that are in the film. You have the big ram with the big horns, the spider who had killer legs like spikes, skull crawlers, a giant squid that Kong killed,you don't think these would be amazing anamatronics if brought to life?

Have any of you not seen Kong: Skull Island? I know it may seem stupid to bring back a character that's in one Universal park and bring him back to another newer park. But this MonsterVerse has alot of potential in my opinion to be in a all legendary themed area. If Warner Bros decides to join forces with Universal. Look at all the other monsters that are in the film. You have the big ram with the big horns, the spider who had killer legs like spikes, skull crawlers, a giant squid that Kong killed,you don't think these would be amazing anamatronics if brought to life?

Why do you keep insisting on King Kong needing more of a presence than he already has? Universal Creative put in a lot of passion and effort into the ape as it is, more-so than when he was brought back for Hollywood post 08' fire, and more than Despicable Me UOR.

Lighten up, and look to more than just the giant monsters.

Further more, how in the seven hells would you make the creatures from Kong: Skull Island into animatronics? It's be practically impossible without truncating them to close up's of the heads & torso's.

Why do you keep insisting on King Kong needing more of a presence than he already has? Universal Creative put in a lot of passion and effort into the ape as it is, more-so than when he was brought back for Hollywood post 08' fire, and more than Despicable Me UOR.

Lighten up, and look to more than just the giant monsters.

Further more, how in the seven hells would you make the creatures from Kong: Skull Island into animatronics? It's be practically impossible without truncating them to close up's of the heads & torso's.

I don't like your tone with me sorry that was uncalled for to tell me to lighten up. Maybe I'm just dissapointed reign of Kong should've been much more than just screens. No disrespect but Kongfrontation was better and I know I'm not the only one to agree with that. And btw giant monsters are a thing what about the meg, rampage, and the mossasaur from Jurassic world?

Reactions: therock
I don't like your tone with me sorry that was uncalled for to tell me to lighten up. Maybe I'm just dissapointed reign of Kong should've been much more than just screens. No disrespect but Kongfrontation was better and I know I'm not the only one to agree with that. And btw giant monsters are a thing what about the meg, rampage, and the mossasaur from Jurassic world?

There were only three large screen based elements for Kong.

Outside of those two, we got a lot of practical effects, such as the Bats, Carnictis, the shaman (in queue), and Kong himself. Not to mention, a highly themed exterior that has a painted backdrop to help immerse you further into the environment, and a well done queue that gets you immersed into the area.

Also, the reason why I am asking, is because that you have been over-insistent on this, for weeks now, beating on the same drum.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if reign of Kong went down for a little bit for refurb just to get some of the screens out of the attractions. Years from now projected screens won't even be a thing. Just please understand I have a passion for Kong Mr alexander but it could've been much better don't you agree? I think Kong needed more space. Kongdrkntation building at usf doubled the size of the new attarction at IOA.

Im just overwhelmed by the screen based attractions. I feel like f&f should be the the final nail in the coffin for this type like lintemuthstudios previously said. I personally think Kongfrontation even though it's old and need to be moved on it would still be a hit today in this day and age with new generation of Uni rides. I think Kong should have been more like gringotts at Diagon alley IMO.

Excluding the gift shop (but including the lockers), Mummy/Kongfrontation makes up barely .02 acres larger than Reign of Kong's size.

But including the showbuilding in whole mass, then yes; it's larger than Reign of Kong by nearly .25 acres.

Reign of Kong, if it wasn't in a period of time crowded by screen inflation by both Universal & Disney; would be highly praised for the blending of the two. And Reign of Kong is still the most practical attraction made by Universal, since Forbidden Journey (as much as I LOATHE saying that). Not to mention it quite a large amount of practical elements, and has mainly 3 screen based portions (bat's, which are practical right before), the carnictis (which, HAVE practical versions in the queue), and the 360 scene (which is updated from the Hollywood counterpart to match the ape from the finale).

Outside of those three, there are virtually no screens elsewhere. Not to mention the moving drivers in the actual vehicle, Kong himself, and the tribe; there are a lot of practical elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.