Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean they probably have lands designed for Dreamworks since they purchased it. Nintendo is done. Jurassic World is designed overseas already. Fantastic Beasts has probably already been done when the first movie released and the others when the land was first purchased.

I mean they probably have lands designed for Dreamworks since they purchased it. Nintendo is done. Jurassic World is designed overseas already. Fantastic Beasts has probably already been done when the first movie released and the others when the land was first purchased.

Are we working with any level of certainty that these are the lands coming to the third theme park? I haven’t kept up on the entire thread so just curious if these were confirmed by good sources or if it’s still purely conjecture.

Are we working with any level of certainty that these are the lands coming to the third theme park? I haven’t kept up on the entire thread so just curious if these were confirmed by good sources or if it’s still purely conjecture.

DreamWorks and Nintendo have been confirmed by the insiders as well as being logical choices, Jurassic World has seemingly been confirmed by @Disneyhead and is logical. Fantastic Beasts is mostly just discussion.

Last edited:
DreamWorks and Nintendo have been confirmed by the insiders as well as being logical choices, Jurassic World has seemingly been confirmed by @Disneyhead and is logical. Fantastic Beasts is mostly just discussion.

Awesome, sounds like some great IPs to bring to the park, but it’s all in the execution. I’m most excited for Dreamworks I think depending on what IPs they pull in for it. As an elder millennial, I’m down for all of it but I think I’d like an original land or two as well.

In terms of space, I heard something like 90ish acres, how does that compare to IOA/USF?

Awesome, sounds like some great IPs to bring to the park, but it’s all in the execution. I’m most excited for Dreamworks I think depending on what IPs they pull in for it. As an elder millennial, I’m down for all of it but I think I’d like an original land or two as well.

In terms of space, I heard something like 90ish acres, how does that compare to IOA/USF?

Bigger than both, especially when you consider that this park is rumored to be hub-spoke, meaning that there’s no central lagoon.

90 acres would be smaller than both of them, but I don't think it will be any smaller than 110, personally.

Bigger than both, especially when you consider that this park is rumored to be hub-spoke, meaning that there’s no central lagoon.

Wow, when people were talking about the need for verticality, I was under the impression it was smaller in size.

Edit- ok so maybe it is smaller, but the lack of a lagoon should save some space.

Let's hope so, it just seems as of last year they were only ready for Nintendo and then out of nowhere walls come down and there's a new park coming, and while they may have lands made sitting in a desk, doesen't it take a while to design an entire park with them? Btw I do hope they're ready It just felt like at the last minute they got the go ahead.

Let's hope so, it just seems as of last year they were only ready for Nintendo and then out of nowhere walls come down and there's a new park coming, and while they may have lands made sitting in a desk, doesen't it take a while to design an entire park with them? Btw I do hope they're ready It just felt like at the last minute they got the go ahead.

The last minute change for Super Nintendo World had more to do with the decision to move it to park 3 than Park 3 getting the go ahead at that time.

What size are you thinking based on the landscape and available land?

I will be very surprised if this park is anything less than 110 or so acres

But wasn't the decision to move it to park 3 only because park 3 got green lit?

Nah. Park 3 was happening since 2015 when they started buying this land.

The last minute change for Super Nintendo World had more to do with the decision to move it to park 3 than Park 3 getting the go ahead at that time.

But wasn't the decision to move it to park 3 only because park 3 got green lit?
I'm pretty sure that SNW was moved because the 3rd gate was green lit and fast tracked.

Yes, they knew before last August that they were gearing up to build the south resort, but when they got the green light and funds to fast track it, they decided to move SNW to the third gate. The funds to fast track it supposedly came with Trump's tax cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.